Code of Conduct

Default ...On the weirder side of things

This weird overcast weather that we've been having lately in Southern California seems to be doing "wonders" to one's mood.

I was trying to go out of my way to find something that I had not worn for awhile. Either because I didn't "get it", or just plain hated it. Nothing unusual about that I suppose; it's a first thing that comes to my mind when it's overcast!

So it was with much anticipation when I opened my cabinet and started to scan the shelves for potential victims. Imagine my child-like glee when my eyes caught a pale, frosty looking glass with a silver cap hiding way back on the top shelf. Trying to just reach for it was impossible. That tall Givenchy Pour Homme was blocking the way, and to make matters worse, Rochas' ever so wobbly bottle of Aquaman was nearby and threatening to knock everything off the shelf.

The thought of getting hit in the head by that beautiful blue bottle of Aquaman brought forth images of the classic TV series Flipper -- with me floating unconsciously next to a group of somersaulting dolphins. As if this was not bad enough, to it's left, there was a presence of an even more menacing bottle of M7. Standing there tall and proud like that obelisk in the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey". More thoughts flashed before my eyes... Images of vengeful apes wielding jawbones of the dead animals in the air, and passionately clubbing me in the head for daring to transgress into their domain...

"Such morbid thoughts", I thought! But this was a delicate mission, and I was determined to see it through.

After surgically removing the culprits, I finally reached and grabbed the elusive bottle -- it was none other than Oscar For Men.

I'm going to be candid here: if I were to ever nominate a new fragrance for the James Bond's character, Oscar For Men would be it.
    It's a perfect scent for a cold-blooded agent living on the edge. The type of man whom you could extinguish a lit cigarette on his hand, and in response would look you straight in the eyes and not even blink.

The odd combination of white pepper, moss, and leather makes Oscar For Men perhaps one of the most brutally "cold" fragrances ever made -- and I'm not talking "refreshing cold" here. There is absolutely no hints of warmth, passion, or kindness in this concoction.

It starts "cold", and ends "cold".

And so it goes back on the shelf waiting for its rediscovery in a few months... maybe.

Default Re: ...On the weirder side of things

Great description of a fragrance junkie's daily dilemma! You're good.

Wow! Tell me another!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Great description of a fragrance junkie's daily dilemma! *You're good.
    Yes you are good! Great story.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I don't get it, what did the character (you?) end up choosing! How does the story end? I hope it's a happy ending, those cliffhangers drive me nuts haha.

Nice storytelling. Just be glad you didn't find a bottle of DKNY Men in your way! The bottle is so unstable that it makes Aquaman look like Bulgari Black!

BTW, today I knocked my bottle of Black Jeans off a shelf over concrete floors and somehow made a near diving catch to save it.

You know, your story reminded me of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" Books. Somebody should write one for Basenotes ( Edward Packard, where ARE you!?!).
    __________________________________________________ ________
    ...If you decide to wear Rive Gauche Pour Homme, turn to page 69.

...If you decide to wear Aqua di Gio, turn to page 110.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    I don't get it, what did the character (you?) end up choosing! *How does the story end? *I hope it's a happy ending, those cliffhangers drive me nuts haha.
    I picked Oscar For Men, and although I'm "happy" to have had that experience, I end up shelving the scent for now. I have yet to find an occasion suitable for its wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Nice storytelling. *Just be glad you didn't find a bottle of DKNY Men in your way! *The bottle is so unstable that it makes Aquaman look like Bulgari Black!
    LOL... DK Men is an incredible scent. I wouldn't mind getting hit in the head with it in a least, if it meant finding another one at a reasonable price.
    Perhaps I could then write a story about getting run over by a racing car in the Indy 500!

I was actually holdin my breat Write a book 8-)