Code of Conduct

Default Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone

I'm out of control...this week I went to Hermes and bought Terre, and Ambre Narguile (I was curious about Terre).
    Today went to Jo Malone with a girl friend after lunch, and went totaly BALISTIC when I smelled Pomegranate Noir, It's a very spicy, Woody, fruity scent, that is just spectacular, the funny thing is I'm not a fan of Jo, but this was totaly different than anything else....any comments on this STELLAR scent???

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone

I can definitely see how this would smell fantastic on a guy. Oh, YEAH!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I thought it was just horrible. I'm notoriously fond of florals. That must make it perfent for a man!!! ;D ;D ;D I hadn't thought about evaluating it from a man's perspective. Hmmm. Found my sample...and Good God Yes!!! Suddenly I see the light. This would be killer hot on a man!!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Just got a decant...
    This INSTANTLY reminded me of Sequoia...PN may have a bit more sweetness to it....I'll have to do a side by side test.
    It is nice...and definitely long lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Wow ... that would be a real change of pace for Jo Malone ... in my opinion. I've found all of them to be very,very short lasting on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1142466410/0#3 date=1142944217]
    Wow ... that would be a real change of pace for Jo Malone ... in my opinion. *I've found all of them to be very,very short lasting on my skin. *

[/quote]

The Nectarine Honey is also VERY long lasting on me....although it is more for my wife....It is a feminine scent IMO

Strange, but it reminds me of my hamster cage when I was ten. Why on earth would I think this was an erotic scent? Unbelievable! If I could get my guy to wear this, I would be the happiest woman on earth. If not, I will wear it myself.

I really want to sample this one, but keep forgetting about it. Maybe I should put some effort into gettning a decant of it today heh.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Just got a decant...
    This INSTANTLY reminded me of Sequoia...PN may have a bit more sweetness to it....I'll have to do a side by side test.
    Absolutely, PN smells really really similar to CDG Sequoia.. that's why I ended up not getting PN.

It is a fantastic scent. I got a sample with my last Jo Malone order. It is very very long lasting. The other Jo Malone frag I have, Lime Basil & Mandarin, I did not think was very long lasting at first, but every time I wear it, people will comment on it hours after I've applied. But I smell nothing after about two hours. But PN I can still smell on my skin after several hours.

I loved it..........for the first 60 seconds. After that it was downhill all the way. My nose blocked and I started to sneeze.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

A tantalizing presence of fruit over a sweet incense, how perfect; acceptably sweet (not perfumey) with haunting depths. And it lasts and lasts. I've tested this a few times recently and will buy at the next opportunity (when SWMBO is not looking).

Pomegranate strikes me as a drier, more austere--and more wearable--version of cassis.

I wanted to like this bu all of the Jo Malone scents are a bit too wan, too transparent (by design, it seems) for me to wear with any real satisfaction.

Decent piece of work in any event.

it's about my 5th favorite Jo Malone. Haven't found any of them to be purchase worthy as of yet.

I find it sub par like the other releases.

No....its good. I agree with you.
    I have sampled alot of Jo's frags, and only bought Amber and Lavender, Pomegranate Noir and I special ordered the Amber and Patchouli from her website (blind buy, noone here had a tester...it is great!)
    "...call on God, but row away from the rocks..."

I have both bottles of Pomegranate Noir and Lime Basil and Mandarin. I bought both at the same time. These are great frags alone but layered they are exceptional. PN first followed by an equal spritz of LB+M on the same spot. AWESOME!

Sur la Plage

A very good fragrance IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread