Code of Conduct

Default Some Annick Goutal Will No Longer Imported to US

Hey Guys,

In case you are interested. *I recently order some Annick Goutal stuff from Saks in New York (aka AG American Flagship store). *And the manager told me that they will no longer be carrying Eau De Monsieur, Eau de Lavande and Vetiver. *Actually she said discontinued

Ofcourse I was angry as I love Eau de Monsieur (Spellbinding Class in a Bottle) so I emailed the Annick Goutal Paris location and their representative said that the "Masculins" are still in production but some distributors have decided to only import the newer fragrances.

This is for FYI and also for any comments.

Default Re: Some Annick Goutal Will No Longer Imported to

Here is the actual email response from AG Paris

Thank you for your email.
    It seems that you do not have the right information from Saks concerning
    some of our fragrances.

Vetiver, Eau de Monsieur and Eau de Lavande are still in the catalogue in
    our boutiques in Paris.For the moment the stock are important enough so that
    you can find it for a long time.
    Maybe one day we will stop the production of Eau de Lavande, but not yet.

It is also true that as the distribution of Annick Goutal is changing quite
    often in the US, each distributor chooses to distribute or no some perfumes.
    That is why, it is possible that the current distributor decided not to sell
    these fragrance on your market. But it does not mean that they will be
    discountinued.

If you wish to buy some, we can ship it to you. I send you enclosed the
    price and product lists. If you need something you just have to give us the
    details of your credit card.

I stay at your disposal for any information you may need.
    Kind regards
    Magali

The shocker in this news is that Vetyver is being dropped by Manly's carrier (maybe not various other US carriers other than Saks, but it's unclear to me). Eau de Monsieur and Eau de Lavande have been hard to come across at brick and mortar for a long time I think. But Vetyver I thought would always be sure fire money. It's so much more accessible and longer lasting than EdM and EdLavande (I think much better lavenders are available by the way).

Sables and Eau du Fier are not available stateside either, but can of course be ordered from the boutiques in France as Manly's email says.

What masculine AGs does this leave? Eau du Sud, Madragore, Eau d'Hadrien, Les Nuits d'Hadrien, Duel? Am I missing any?
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

[).Sables and Eau du Fier are not available stateside either, but can of course be ordered from the boutiques in France as Manly's email says. *--Chris[/quote]

It's all unclear to me as well, however, Saks in New York City has always claimed tobe the Flagship store for Annick Goutal, so much that they alwasy have a Sables in stock..so at least this one is still available in the US via Saks.

I still don't quite understand the email from Paris as the English is a little broken, that's why I decided to post it in case anyone has more information.

Far out, Manly. I had no idea Sables was still in Saks in NY. That's good news. I bought my bottle a couple years ago when I was in Paris and I chatted up the SA about Sables not being available in the US, and she pulled out an order form and insisted to me, in much the same terms of their email to you, that they'd be happy to take orders from the US and ship from there.

It happens MPG's shop said the same thing, and claimed to do it pretty frequently too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Barney's New York also carries a sizable number of the AG scents, but I don't know if they have the ones you mentioned above.