Code of Conduct

Default M7 Fresh, my review

I got my bottle of M7 Fresh a few weeks ago and for the life of me, I can't understand why no one has said anything about the similarity between it and Acqua di Gio. Hasn't anyone noticed this? It's the persimmon accord.

ADG--Top Notes
    Jasmine, Rosemary, Hespiradic Notes

Middle Notes
    Persimmon Fruits, Marine Notes

Base Notes
    Cedar, Patchouli, White Musk, Rock Rose

M7 Fresh starts out with a citrus blast (grapefruit, bergamot) fused...and I mean bonded to the persimmon accord, you could blink and miss the citrus and just get persimmon. Persimmon is a berry and M7 Fresh smells more like a berry than a citrus upon first spraying. I wouldn't call it a linear fragrance because when the slight citrus/berry disappears you almost don't notice it because the persimmon is still going strong. After several hours, the persimmon is still present but the other notes like wood start to appear (agarwood, ginger, vetiver, musk).

M7 Fresh lasts for hours on my skin, maybe 6 or 7 hours even in intense heat here in Mexico. At the end, I can sort of smell the agarwood and oud but....that persimmon accord is still there demanding attention.

I have to admit that I love this. ADG, I can spot a mile away and I have admit I am a fragrance snob and I say to myself..."novice!" when I smell it. M7 Fresh doesn't have that melon/marine aspect that ADG has but uses the same persimmon accord to make it a fresh, woody scent. The wood never dominates the fruit but adds a depth to the fruit. I suspect this could be worn all year.

I challenge anyone else that has both scents to try the same test and see if they don't share the persimmon accord. I am just wondering why no one has said anything about this before!

Default Re: M7 Fresh, my review

I don't know man ...

I'm terrible at describing "notes" and stuff ... but I own both and don't think they're alike at all. I think there are many frags similar to AdG ... but none similar to M7 Fresh.

IMHO of course ...

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I don't know man ...

I'm terrible at describing "notes" and stuff ... but I own both and don't think they're alike at all. *I think there are many frags similar to AdG ... but none similar to M7 Fresh.

IMHO of course ...
    I have to agree. They may have similar notes but there is nothing similar to M7 Fresh that I have ever smelled. Certainly not AdG IMO as well. I love the review though. When I smell them it is just not there for me. YSL makes the two most unique fragrances I know (M7 and M7 Fresh)....

EnvYuS

EDIT: Correction... YSL makes the two more unique smells that I like...

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    YSL makes the two most unique fragrances I know (M7 and M7 Fresh)....
    You don't count Kouros? :P

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    I got my bottle of M7 Fresh a few weeks ago and for the life of me, I can't understand why no one has said anything about the similarity between it and Acqua di Gio. *Hasn't anyone noticed this? *It's the persimmon accord. *

ADG--Top Notes
    Jasmine, Rosemary, Hespiradic Notes

Middle Notes
    Persimmon Fruits, Marine Notes

Base Notes
    Cedar, Patchouli, White Musk, Rock Rose

M7 Fresh starts out with a citrus blast (grapefruit, bergamot) fused...and I mean bonded to the persimmon accord, you could blink and miss the citrus and just get persimmon. *Persimmon is a berry and M7 Fresh smells more like a berry than a citrus upon first spraying. *I wouldn't call it a linear fragrance because when the slight citrus/berry disappears you almost don't notice it because the persimmon is still going strong. *After several hours, the persimmon is still present but the other notes like wood start to appear (agarwood, ginger, vetiver, musk).

M7 Fresh lasts for hours on my skin, maybe 6 or 7 hours even in intense heat here in Mexico. * At the end, I can sort of smell the agarwood and oud but....that persimmon accord is still there demanding attention. *

I have to admit that I love this. *ADG, I can spot a mile away and I have admit I am a fragrance snob and I say to myself..."novice!" when I smell it. *M7 Fresh doesn't have that melon/marine aspect that ADG has but uses the same persimmon accord to make it a fresh, woody scent. *The wood never dominates the fruit but adds a depth to the fruit. *I suspect this could be worn all year. *

I challenge anyone else that has both scents to try the same test and see if they don't share the persimmon accord. *I am just wondering why no one has said anything about this before!
    hey my friend !, im from Mèxico too _! great to see people from my dear country in this forum !
    by the way, how much it cost? and where did u find it ??
    i`ve been searching this fragance in liverpool, sears, sanborns and nothing yet..
    greetings !

I got it on Ebay. It wasn't cheap. I passed up a couple of bottles for around $10 but then they got scarse. I think I paid about $37 plus postage. I have heard you can still get it in Europe. There was a link the other day for a place in London that was selling it. Keep checking Ebay, eventually you will find it.

I have to admit I got a great deal the other day. I bought a large bottle of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom for about $3.00. I love Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    I have to admit I got a great deal the other day. I bought a large bottle of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom for about $3.00. I love Ebay.
    This is sort of a thread hijacking, but I got myself a bottle of Kingdom from the same person for like $4. No feedback yet though, I hope he comes through! Dude was selling like 20 bottles of it at once, I came on here to alert the troops, but the site was down. Ah well, more for me! ;D

I don't really know what persimmon is actually, had to look it up, but M7 Fresh isn't supposed to have any in it.
    Being a user of both scents (haven't had AdG on for motnhs now), I can't really spot any similarities. In M7 Fresh there's nothing sweet whatsoever, in AdG there's nothing sour or green whatsoever. No slight citrus either in M7F, for me there's a lot of that in it.

My botle of M7 Fresh arrived yesterday so this thread is timely. I will try it out at the weekend and see if I cn spot any similarities. I'm almost hoping there won't be as I'm not the biggest fan of ADG!

A persimmon is a fruit. Kind of almond shaped and orange. Not really citrusy, but I wouldn't associate it with berries. This is the actual fruit mind you, I don't know if the persimmon note would be a variation of the smell of the fruit.

No offence ,but they don't smell similar at all , to me. Nice review though.

I bought a decant of M7 Fresh a while back, and when I initially smelled it I knew it was something familiar. So I wore it, and after a while it finally hit me....Cool Water Deep. From the topnotes to the drydown, they smell similar enough (not entirely the same, but close enough) that it doesn't justify the larger price tag for me.

I really like both the normal and the fresh version. Still plenty available here in Denmark and I've also seen it other places in Europe.

OK guys...I am not saying they smell the same...I am saying they use the same persimmon accord. Which, by the way, a persimmon is classified as a berry.

Of course when you go to the YSL site, they don't tell you much. I am positive they wouldn't mention persimmon because that is what makes it smell so unusual. However, I was wearing both ADG and M7 Fresh and sure enough, there is that similar persimmon accord. I love it in M7 Fresh because it's accented with the agar and oud. Wonderful smell.

Back to the Kingdom...Dude! I bought four bottles (poor kid listed all of the bottles at onces and started the auctions at 99 cents) and two tubes of the scented lotion. I am giving all away except one set for myself. Giving the rest to relatives. All six items with postage were $28 because he gave me a break on shipping!!!!

A totally awsome day on Ebay. Now, just hope it all works out!

Kelley

Why So Serious?

You're definitely not alone on this. *I thought i was the only one. *The first time i tried M7 Fresh, something in it that reminded me of AdG, of course they are not the same, but AdG kept on flooding my thoughts when i was smelling the Fesh, good thing you made this post, so i dont have to be an outcast. * [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese