Code of Conduct

Default Arpege homme Lanvin-Your thoughts so far

I am quite tempted to lay down some money for Arpege homme. But I am curious about its
    staying power-i.e. a full body spray after a morning shower.

Thanks
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Default Re: Arpege homme Lanvin-Your thoughts so far

Arpege is very long lasting with a lot of sillage. I am sure others will agree with me...with such notes has tonka bean... sandalwood..vanilla it lasts.

Scentimus, How could I doubt you?
    Thanks

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Arpege is very long lasting with a lot of sillage. *I am sure others will agree with me...with such notes has tonka bean... sandalwood..vanilla it lasts.
    Yes, i agree. I would put it in the same vein as Envy, but Arpege is sweeter, more gourmand-like, and possibly even a tad sexier. At the boutique a while ago, i was torn between the Arpege, Egoiste and Cacharel Pour Homme, so i asked the lady at the counter her opinions, she told me what she thought about each of them, and i was impressed how accurately she described them, and she ended up liking the Arpege the best, thus i picked it out of the three. A superb classic and modern concoction that blended the notes into harmony, for sure a pleaser and a sleeper for the time being.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Nice reply, HackerX; the inclusion of the wonderful Cacharel in a discussion about Arpege is indeed apt. I might throw in Burberry Brit as well.

This is a well-crafted, very nice fragrance that's a nice addition to anyone's wardrobe. Just the right amount of power and silage.

A woman at The Perfume House asked me if I'd tried Arpege. She was young and hot and smart as a whip. She liked Arpege she told me. I like it too. Has a lot of class. Extremely pleasant and well-made. I'll buy a bottle.
    "...The history of perfumery before this subdivision of niche was manufactured, both literally and imaginatively, is a long one, with thousands upon thousands of fragrances. The true fragrance lover takes each fragrance one at a time, and examines it preferably outside of the imaginatively manufactured categories and, in doing so, builds up a steady, informed basis for seasoned comparative judgments based on the sampling and information gathered from such sampling. This is why any one on the board who ever has anything particular interesting to say about fragrances as fragrances rather than as categorical constructs always has an abiding interest and passion for all kinds of fragrances and not just a narrow niche of fragrances. Conversely, the "niche whores," the more and more narrow their interests become, the more and more they mimic the ad copy of the very companies they worship. I know whose posts I like to read..."

“Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,” .......... “A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Book recommendations:

Perfumes: The A-Z Guide
    The Emperor of Scent
    The Perfect Scent
    Scent and Chemistry

Feeding the Monster: IFRA and the EU Parliament
    www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

-http://www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

I like it a lot as well. I think it´s very similar to Burberry Touch but with added vanilla. And yes, great strength.
    MMM

FYI fellas,
    I went to the local fragrance counter at The Bay with the intent of buying a bottle of Arpege homme. But I was pleasantly surprised when the SA told me to wait a week for the new Arpege gift set, which, for the price of the 50 ml bottle will include a tube of the regular sized a/s balm at no additional charge. So she took my name and phone number.

Now wasn't that nice of her!