Code of Conduct

Thread: Comfort scents

Default Comfort scents

Check out TeflonDog's comments on Chergui here: *

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122261.html

I too have some scents that I just wear around the house leading up to bedtime. *For me they are more likely than not to be cold weather scents. *Orig Santal and A*Men are two right off the top of my head. *Does anyone else do this, and if so, with what scents? *

There is no Nose....

Default Re: Comfort scents

Scents that I have put on for comfort have been Envy and Lolita Lempicka. I have many memories with those two and they are sweet and soft. Vanilla in the base of both and it just soothes me. I have neither with me at school right now and so I use my roll on of BdP before I sleep to kick me back.

EnvYuS

Howdy All,

For some reason I can't expain Tabarome Milliseme is comforting to me. I hose myself with it on my days off and bask in the fumes. I love to sit and smoke a fine cigar rolled on the thighs of virgin cuban girls when I wear this. MMMMM I have tomorrow off. What fine cigar should I choose for tomorrow. Choices Choices!

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

for me it'd be brit and l'instant at the moment - the smoother, softer ones are my comfort scents.

This is a fun topic. There was a thread just a while ago that was similar; there are some good choices in there:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...m=1145051470/0

I think mine are Kouros/Kouros sport, B*Men, and-of all things- Drakkar Noir. I won't even try to read into my choices
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Scents that I have put on for comfort have been Envy and Lolita Lempicka. I have many memories with those two and they are sweet and soft. Vanilla in the base of both and it just soothes me. I have neither with me at school right now and so I use my roll on of BdP before I sleep to kick me back.

EnvYuS
    Ditto for LL! I've got a 5ml roll-on and use it in the evenings at home and after hours if I work late. Just got a 10ml of BdP so I'll try that one as well.

By the way, what reaction do/did you get when you wore LL in public?

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by docpsycho
    Howdy All,

* For some reason I can't expain Tabarome Milliseme is comforting to me. *I hose myself with it on my days off and bask in the fumes. *I love to sit and smoke a fine cigar rolled on the thighs of virgin *cuban girls when I wear this. *MMMMM I have tomorrow off. *What fine cigar should I choose for tomorrow. *Choices Choices!

* * Rick/docpsycho
    I would agree with that. I love Tabarome as well. Its a rich, complex, pure masculine frag. If you like it that much brother you *REALLY* need to try Vintage Tabarome. Pure, cured, unlit tobacco leaf. If Tab M gives you fantasies about cuban girls, V Tab will get you arrested!! ;D ;D Buffalo_Gals decants it with a very authentic label. I guarntee you'll like it.

There is no Nose....

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega

By the way, what reaction do/did you get when you wore LL in public? *
    No one seems to notice when I wear it. It is one of my favorites because of the dark liquorish/wood and vanilla. Orientals just make me go crazy, in a good way. I just don't get a reaction out of this one though. My girlfriend is in love with it and that is why I have memories but she is the only one that has said anything about it. I know for sure that it smells good but I just don't get compliments. I feel like I don't wear enough though so maybe it wears to close to the skin to get any sillage out of it after a couple of hours. Maybe it is because I just don't get compliments in general...

EnvYuS

Quote Originally Posted by OlfaOmega
    [quote author=EnvYuS link=1146098244/0#1 date=1146099218]Scents that I have put on for comfort have been Envy and Lolita Lempicka. I have many memories with those two and they are sweet and soft. Vanilla in the base of both and it just soothes me. I have neither with me at school right now and so I use my roll on of BdP before I sleep to kick me back.

EnvYuS
    Ditto for LL! *I've got a 5ml roll-on and use it in the evenings at home and after hours if I work late. *Just got a 10ml of BdP so I'll try that one as well. *

By the way, what reaction do/did you get when you wore LL in public? *

Just to butt in...
    The ladies LOVE Lolita Lempicka on me...Seriously...I get nothing but compliments.

[/quote]

I also love Tabarome Millesime as a relaxing scent. TM Cologne is also one that I like to bathe in to relax. Havana is amazing for this purpose too.

Tobacco.............Gotta love it.

I find opoponax a really comforting note and hence found Diptyque's Eau Lente and Les Nereides' Imperial Opoponax soothing to wear when I had samples of them. The other comfort note is Sandalwood, but it has to be just right, creamy and spiritual. Don't want to get a huge discussion started but there are few sandalwood scents I find comforting, because they are part of a larger cocktail, though many are fantastic. So if I want sandalwood comfort, I would turn to the essential oil.

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

I always throw a few on each wrist......the world kind of slows down........I just pulled out D&G by.......
    nice comfot scent......warm...powdery........unobtrusive...... also for some reason I just open a "bottle"...
    and just take a whiff in....and it lingers......I know i'm crazy.......the whiff was the original Gucci Pour Homme..
    Easy now......

Why So Serious?

Like teflondog, i wear Chergui as a comfort scent, and a bed scent, that is about the only occasion i'd wear it. Also Yerbamate. :-/
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    Like teflondog, i wear Chergui as a comfort scent, and a bed scent, that is about the only occasion i'd wear it. *Also Yerbamate. :-/
    ;D ;D
    HX, I thought your favorite comfort scent was "Fullchoke"!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Please don't post that picture in my thread! LOL!!!!
    ;D ;D

There is no Nose....

Oh man, Eau Lente by Diptique makes me feel happy, like I'm visiting my family for Thanksgiving or something.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Chanel Egoiste, Davidoff Relax
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Santal Noble is very comforting to me ...