Code of Conduct

Default Planning the wardrobe

To my suprise, i have come a cross on some great cents that i would consider to be the perfect touch on my wardrobe (suprising that i have found so many in so little time). I havent bouth anything yet, but just wondered, how would this look on paper

Tea for Two: Fell in love immediately when i got a whiff of this great fragrance. Correction. AMAZING fragrance 8-). This would be the perfect touch in those cool days(autumm mostly) and i can see myself wearing this on summer nights too.

Egoiste: What is there to say about this one that hasnt allready been said?. Just classic. I could wear this anytime, anywhere.

Bois farine: Only trouble with this one is, i dont have a clue when i could wear it!?. Or maybe im confused because you could wear this anywhere?. Maybe...

Envy: I tried this again after a year and have to say. Im hooked!! At first(when i tried this way back) i couldnt see myself wearing this. But now, i think with proper amount, this would be a perfect work cent. Wery subtle and light. Juts pure masculinity. If the cool guys in movies would have a cent, this would be it.

Santal by Floris: This would be my romantic fragrance. For intimate dates etc.

So. At the monet, what do you think about this kinda wardrobe? I now i should get some aquatic etc. But they all smell, well..boring. Oriental and spicy cents have much more character. There has been only one "summer" cent that i have liked. And it was Live Jazz. I would get it, but its my friends signature cent And it is hes signature cent because he borrowed the Live Jazz from me last summer. And all the girls were complimenting him. So he just had to get it. And me being the kind person that i am, sold it to him. Only time i shouldnt have been kind :

Suggestions and critic is welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Planning the wardrobe

I like it all except for Bois Farne. I think that it should be traded out for Geir. High end summer fragrance would be perfect since you don't really have a "fresh" scent in there. I would also want to add Mechant Loup. I think it is a beautiful fragrance and a must have for L'Artisan lovers and... well EVERYONE!@!

EnvYuS

Those are all pretty good choices. You might want to bring in a good vetiver scent like Guerlain's Vetiver or one by Creed or Annick Goutal or whoever.
    I agree that aquatic scents can be bland. Not everyone likes them; I am still unsure how I feel about them.
    You might also consider a darker, musky or leather scent- Kouros, MKK, Oud Cuir D'arabie, etc.
    Maybe a pure incense scent like Avignon.
    Oh, and how about gourmands? A*Men, Animale, Lolita Lempicka, etc.

Just some suggestions. It sounds like you've already found your own style, but I thought I'd make sure you covered all your bases

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I like it all except for Bois Farne. I think that it should be traded out for Geir. High end summer fragrance would be perfect since you don't really have a "fresh" scent in there. I would also want to add Mechant Loup. I think it is a beautiful fragrance and a must have for L'Artisan lovers and... well EVERYONE!@!

EnvYuS
    Im on the fence about Bois.Only time will tel if it turns out to be perfect. geir is wery intresting choice. I allready have Gendarme, but dont really like it anymore and no one seems to be willing to trade :-? Ill have to look in to those 3

Dont now what Geir has got to do with Gendarme

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    Those are all pretty good choices. You might want to bring in a good vetiver scent like Guerlain's Vetiver or one by Creed or Annick Goutal or whoever.
    I agree that aquatic scents can be bland. Not everyone likes them; I am still unsure how I feel about them.
    You might also consider a darker, musky or leather scent- Kouros, MKK, Oud Cuir D'arabie, etc.
    Maybe a pure incense scent like Avignon.
    Oh, and how about gourmands? A*Men, Animale, Lolita Lempicka, etc.

Just some suggestions. It sounds like you've already found your own style, but I thought I'd make sure you covered all your bases

-ben

I have tested Vetiver couple of times. Ill check it out again tomorrow. Maybe im missing something...

Leather and Gourmand categories are the ones that i have to cover. Im trying to get a hold of Animale, Lolita, H.M. And on the leather ones Cuiron, Nostalgia and Knize Ten. Those are on my to test list. There just hard to come by in Finland

A*men i used to own and it was just too heavy. Love chocolate and im hopin Animale will cover that base. And thanks for the suggestions (both of you) It allways good to have another perspective

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peace

Im on the fence about Bois.Only time will tel if it turns out to be perfect. geir is wery intresting choice. I allready have Gendarme, but dont really like it anymore and no one seems to be willing to trade :-? Ill have to look in to those 3

Dont now what Geir has got to do with Gendarme
    Geir doesn't smell much of anything like Gendarme. Geir= fresh, sweet and semi-oriental Gendarme= soapy laundry fresh
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't smelled Egoiste (though I REALLY want to) and I've only smelled Bois Farine once (like you I have mixed feelings), but all of the others are SUPERB choices. Hard to go wrong with those. Like others said, the things you need most are a gourmand, and if you don't like Gendarme, a fresh scent. As far as gourmands go... you already discarded A*Men which I love but agree is a tad hard to wear sometimes, but ones to try that you didn't mention are Rochas Man which is an awesome chocolate and if you want something less in your face gourmand and more quasi-gourmand try Body Kouros. Out of the ones you mentioned, I haven't tried AA but LL and HM both seem REALLY hard to pull off to me, especially the HM. Both smell good though. As for fresh scents, you probably should have at least something to wear during the summer. Geir is good, but it's not something I would want to wear every day. I think a really good one to look into is T.M. Cologne. And if you have an open mind to aquatic scents, I'm a fan of Bulgari Aqua. Sorry, but I really can't help you in the leather department, though I would say that you really don't need a leather. Oh and also, my perception of the scents Envy and Santal (Floris) are switched compared to your perceptions. Interesting. Envy to me is heavier and more datey, wheareas Santal is more versatile and fresh. They are overall relatively similar though and both are awesome scents that elicit tons of compliments.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh!! New Haarlem is a great gourmand!! I forgot about that. A nice, sweet creamy, vanilla, coffee (to me anyway) scent with just enough green to keep it fresh.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by The Giraffe
    I haven't smelled Egoiste (though I REALLY want to)
    HERETIC!!

and I've only smelled Bois Farine once (like you I have mixed feelings)
    I put some on when i was getting ready to go to work(on my shirt) and went to brush my teeth. Couple of minutes later, picked up my shirt and took a sniff. KABLAU!!. Man, the greatest almond like aroma covered my nose!!!It was heavenly. Havent noticed that note before. So i started to think.Can you call Bois a gourmand?

but ones to try that you didn't mention are Rochas Man which is an awesome chocolate and if you want something less in your face gourmand and more quasi-gourmand try Body Kouros.
    Rochas was actually my first proper frag . I should try to test it again. For old times sake if nothing else . Body is one that im really liking, but EnvYuS said this about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce...
    Body Kouros is a great one. There are so many like it though that I'm not that excited for it.
    So i have to check out other that could be better than it. Just dont know what he ment :-/

As for fresh scents, you probably should have at least something to wear during the summer. Geir is good, but it's not something I would want to wear every day. I think a really good one to look into is T.M. Cologne. And if you have an open mind to aquatic scents, I'm a fan of Bulgari Aqua. Sorry, but I really can't help you in the leather department, though I would say that you really don't need a leather. Oh and also, my perception of the scents Envy and Santal (Floris) are switched compared to your perceptions. Interesting. Envy to me is heavier and more datey, wheareas Santal is more versatile and fresh. They are overall relatively similar though and both are awesome scents that elicit tons of compliments.
    You right that i should have something. I tested Mugler, but really didnt like it that much in the end. My friend had Bulgari aqua and it was little too synthetic smelling. Hmmm. Why do you think i dont need a leather?

The Santal and Envy thing is weird :-? . I dont see nothing fresh in Santal, but in Envy i see it .Well, this just shows how you should choose what you like the best. Im refering mainly to the what chicks dig topics

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    Oh!! New Haarlem is a great gourmand!! I forgot about that. A nice, sweet creamy, vanilla, coffee (to me anyway) scent with just enough green to keep it fresh.

Sounds good!