Code of Conduct

Default DID YOU KNOW THE SITE WAS DOWN?

Basenotes was down since yesterday for approximately 24 hours. I am curious how many members come here more or less frequently than each 24 hours.

Default Re: DID YOU KNOW THE SITE WAS DOWN?

is this a confirmation that the site was actually down? i can't access it and thought it may have been my ISP

Quote Originally Posted by JP1
    is this a confirmation that the site was actually down? i can't access it and thought it may have been my ISP
    It was down alright, from around 14:00 yesterday until aprox 07:00 hrs today (judging from when new posts were made) swedish time.

Yes! I'm spending 90% of my BN time on reviews in the directory (which was down as well.) :'(
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I hit it a dozen times or more. I had a PM to send on a successful swap but couldn't

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I was desperate *:'( :'( :'(
    Would rather be without telephone than without Basenotes

I got home from a weekend of camping, and couldnt get on to respond to PMs or read the posts! I tried my iMac with Safari and Firefox, my girlfriend's iBook via Firefox and even pulled a VIjay, going to the neighbors and trying from Internet Explorer on a PC. no luck.

Yes, of course I did. I am dependent, you know. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

YES 34 (100%)
    NO 0 (0%)

;D

Was the result not a foregone conclusion - ie the people responding to this poll are more likely to be frequent users, who would have been more likely to spot that the site was down?

Dante- Yes, but I was curious how many come here less often than every 24 hours.

I was trying all day. I needed my fix....

EnvYuS

I closed the poll not just because the question had been answered, but because it will probably be the only poll in BN history that was 52 to 0 and I wanted to preserve it as such!

LOL! Make that 53 to 0! I tried and tried, but ebay was working fine, so I figured it was basenotes, what with all the upgrades going on. I stuck to my Firefox and PC, but I checked back through the day--like 20 times. I got a curious little panicy feeling, and told my kids it was because I didn't think you all could make it through the day without knowing my scent of the day! ;D : :P ;D
    Please, spritz responsibly.

I almost died of shock!

i did know and was very > and then came the anxiety and then the sadness and then...etc etc..glad it's back!

Maake thaaat 54 to 0 Stu.

I aam stiiiiil shakkky froooom the ordeaaal I went throooough can't even typpppe
    straighttt. *:'(.

I believe theyyy are recalling all the awarddds Dustin Hoffman won for Rain Man and seriously considering givinnnng it to meeeee.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

A day without basenotes is a day where something is missing. It's good to be back to normal again!

Quote Originally Posted by Somedude
    I almost died of shock!
    likewise, I was in a panic. I didn't know what to do with my time! ;D

Make that 55 to 0. I almost started going through withdrawal! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

For those who are relatively new, the site has gone down several times in the past. Once it was down for several weeks, but a temporary EZ board site was put up so it eased the withdrawal. Grant would put up a link if that happened. It is interesting to see how many, including myself, have severe withdrawal symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    For those who are relatively new, the site has gone down several times in the past. Once it was down for several weeks, but a temporary EZ board site was put up so it eased the withdrawal. Grant would put up a link if that happened. It is interesting to see how many, including myself, have severe withdrawal symptoms.
    looking back, I was kinda funky actually. My girlfriend noticed that I was acting like a "weirdo"

56-0
    I even got a couple of friends to try the site - one in Bombay (Mumbai) and another in the US, and they both reported the site was down as well, so I knew it couldn't have been my ISP that I was cussing.

I checked it two or three times during the downtime, each time mumbling to my self about what the heck was going on. Big time withdrawl.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

J'étais désolé, mais DÉSOLÉ!!!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

57-0 now!

First I thought there was something wrong with my pc, but when I wrote the address and "go to", I got the message from Grant.

Yesterday confirmed my addiction, for sure! :-/ :-/ :-/
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Yup,

I had all the usual symptomolgy. Nausea, general malaise, aching in the joints, fine motor tremors in the fingers, loss of hand eye coodination. twitching of the scent glands.

No not heroin withdrawel

Basenotes was down

I was having serious trouble coming up with alternative uses
    of my time

I can't stand it. Man I love youse Guys

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Ridiculous!

Make it 58-0!

59-0

Actually, it worked out well for me--I had a ton of work to get done and I actually got it done because I was haunting the site. I'll make up for for what I missed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    I got home from a weekend of camping, and couldnt get on to respond to PMs or read the posts! I tried my iMac with Safari and Firefox, my girlfriend's iBook via Firefox and even pulled a VIjay, going to the neighbors and trying from Internet Explorer on a PC. no luck.
    Devoted, oh my! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by docpsycho
    Yup,

*I had all the usual symptomolgy. *Nausea, general malaise, aching in the joints, fine motor tremors in the fingers, loss of hand eye coodination. twitching of the scent glands.

No not heroin withdrawel

* *Basenotes was down

* * I was having serious trouble coming up with alternative uses
    of my time

*I can't stand it. *Man I love youse Guys

* * Rick/docpsycho
    Thanks God, basenotes resurrected before you ended novocaine... ;D