Code of Conduct

Default Cologne for dry skin?

Ok I've realised as I've got more into colognes that they don't last very long on my skin, I was wondering what fragrances people would recommend for dry skin. I'm looking for 1 fresh every day scent and one woody/spicy one fit for going out in the evening.

Default Re: Cologne for dry skin?

Terre de Hermes is long lasting, and smells pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, gsp!

I strongly recommend using an unscented moisturizer for your dry skin. Then you can wear whatever fragrances you want.

As for suggested scents, here are a few long-lasting choices:

FRESH: Givenchy Blue Label, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Bulgari Aqua
    WOODY/SPICY: Aramis JHL (a bit "old-school"), Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme (the EDP formulation is especially nice, but the more-common EDT is also worthwhile), Gucci Envy for men, Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

The Creed and Lutens are pricier than my other suggestions. I don't know where you're located or how much you're comfortable spending, so I've tried to include options that are more affordable and easier to find.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Thanks for the replys guys! I live in the UK, and am on a students budget so I think Creed is a little expensive, what kind of moisturisers are scentless? Do any big brands have any? (L'Oreal, etc)

Post Thanks / Like

Boots own brand has a fragrance-free moisturizer (Essentials). So does SuperDrug (Simply Pure).

Most of the bigger brands offer fragrance-free options. Look for "unscented," "fragrance-free," or "sensitive skin" labelling. If possible, test before buying; some of these products have more scent than others. (In some cases, there's no added perfumes but the rest of the ingredients may have a strong scent of their own.)

My skin gets dry in the winter, and I sometimes use an Aveeno fragrance-free moisturizer (Daily Moisturizing Lotion).
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE