Code of Conduct

Default I'm a NASTY BAD BOY! (and...loooving it!)

Hi all,

* OK, you may recall my recent post "I can NOT find a KNOCKOUT LEATHER!".
    Well well well, a VERY dear to my Heart (and a recent FIVE STAR BN GENERAL) member (after reading about my plight) was soooo very kind to send me a sample of a LEATHER fragrance she thought that might KNOCK ME OUT! *Ooooh dear, how CORRECT she was! *I don't believe that I have be this EXCITED about a fragrance since my first wearings of SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "ACQUA DI CUBA" and LORENZO VILLORESI "PIPER NIGRUM" years ago. *After sampling this (mystery fragrance) *I wrote a private Instant message to this dear member which (in part) said "I was planning to wait till the weekend to try the sample but, after having a nice hot shower and kicking back for the evening, I decide to give the (mystery sample) a try! *WHOA! *WOW! *HOLY S#!T!". * I also wrote how I just couldn't stop smelling my wrist all night long! *I continued to write how this fragrance MADE me have a FLASH BACK to many years ago (when I was the lead Singer of the Los Angeles Rock Band WOMANIZER). *I happened to be visiting Rhode Island (my home State) and I (dressed in BLACK LEATHER looking much the ROCKER) *decide to pay a visit to a childhood friends Mother (a veeeeery sweet, veeeery STRICT and veeeeery RELIGIOUS IRISH CATHOLIC Mom). *I don't recall the exact conversation per se (but I am sure it had SOMETHING to do with women). *Anyway, at one point durning our conversation, my friends Mom stop me and said to me (somewhat joking) "the DEVIL'S in YOU!" *WHOA! *I had NO answer for her and I KNEW what she meant! *Yep! *this (mystery fragrance) reminded me of my...DAZE of being a NASTY(ANIMALISTIC) BAD BOY! *Back to present, I continued to write our dear BN member about how this (mystery fragrance) makes me feel like being a BAAAAAD BOY! *I dunno, there is just SOMETHING about this fragrance that ROCKS MY WORLD! *I THOUGHT I could smell, CIVET, a bit of Vanilla, some type of ASH (like FINE CIGAR ASH) and God knows what else. *I believe this (mystery fragrance) is PERFECT for making HOT MONKEY LOVE! *This fragrance is rather close to the skin (at least on me) and (not surprisingly) not very long lasting on yours truly "THE BLACK HOLE OF SCENTS". *That being said, this (mystery fragrance) is IMHO a veeeery INTIMATE (NASTY but in a goooood way) ANIMALISTIC fragrances which is EXTREAMLY complex and well crafted! *Unfortunately (damn it) it is EXTREAMLY expensive! *Yet, despite it's cost, I MUST, I MUST possess this MAGICAL potion that will (once again) transform me from being a mere motal and back to the DAZE of being a "NASTY BAD BOY!"
    The mystery fragrance of which I write is "MONTALE OUD CUIR D'ARABIE!"
    Please note, this fragrance is NOT for everyone! *I suspect if you DISlike the so called STINKY fragrances, you will want to take a PASS on this BAD BOY JUICE!
    Me lol, I LOVE it!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Default Re: I'm a NASTY BAD BOY! (and...loooving it!)

I, too, luv this stuff. Trying to save a buck, I ordered this directly from Montale--50ml for $98, including shipping. I never received it after a month. Called to complain and got the run around. They finally reshipped and finally after 2 months of waiting it arrived on Monday. Yums!!!! By the way, they screwed up and sent me the 100 ml bottle. I'm feeling rather guilty and thinking of sending half of it back. Not!!!! 100ml for $98, good deal for a 2 month wait. From now on I use Vijay in Florida or Nasrin in Canada.

I was just going to say that Vijay should be able to supply you with any Montale

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by scent_addict_2002
    I, too, luv this stuff. Trying to save a buck, *I ordered this directly from Montale--50ml for $98, including shipping. I never received it after a month. Called to complain and got the run around. They finally reshipped and finally after 2 months of waiting it arrived on Monday. Yums!!!! By the way, they screwed up and sent me the 100 ml bottle. I'm feeling rather guilty and thinking of sending half of it back. Not!!!! 100ml for $98, good deal for a 2 month wait. From now on I use Vijay in Florida or Nasrin in Canada.
    They definately screwed up on the price, to your advantage. Although they might have given it to you for that price because they knew that they screwed up and wanted to make you happy. It worked to your advantage *.

As soon as they get the samples in stock, you know I will jump on it and buy the whole stock of samples *. I will be getting the samples for almost the whole Montale line by Friday. It will be put up on the Sell/Swap board.

Believe me reading sixcats review on it I am seriously contemplating carrying it in my store. *NO, NO not contemplating, now I have started salivating.
    Thanks a lot sixcats * ;D I was trying to control myself from buying more things for the shop.

Meanwhile if anybody is interested, PM me.

Scent_addict_2002 you scored big on this * . Enjoy it.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

1. Lead singer
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Rock band
    4. WOMANIZER.

Sixcats my friend, I think you set the standard for cool in this joint.

I would pay a significant premium to take the tourism time travel shuttle so I could see good ol' Six at the mic fronting WOMANIZER. Yes indeed I would.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have been working my way through samples of the Montale Oud line. So far, two of them have really grabbed my attention and will likely end up in my collection. My favorites so far are:

Oud Cuir D'Arabie
    &
    Black Oud

That's a great story SixCats.

I got a decant of Oud Cuir d'Arabie recently and will likely buy a bottle. It's the best leather I've smelled and an excellent fragrance in general. Dark and woolly, actually makes me feel like an animal with a strong and odoriferous hide. It's regal quality and a premium stink of the finest order.

It's one of the first fragrances to really make me feel like myself. It generates the feeling of having been out in the wild for a few days. You haven't bathed, and you've been cooking and staying warm with fire. You're horny as hell. You drive back into town and the females look and smell unbelieveably good.

Some of the women at Makeupalley mentioned a medicinal smell from this, although most of them liked the fragrance. I get that note on the dry down but it's basically just a gauzy effect that goes along with the ruggedness of the scent.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    1. Lead singer
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Rock band
    4. WOMANIZER.

Sixcats my friend, I think you set the standard for cool in this joint.

I would pay a significant premium to take the tourism time travel shuttle so I could see good ol' Six at the mic fronting WOMANIZER. *Yes indeed I would.
    --Chris
    YEAH! Oh man would I love to see that. Hey Six, do you have any recordings of your old band? We'd die to hear it. Hey, with a provocative go-for-the-throat name like "Womanizer" it HAS to be good.

And this scent sounds really good. I've never smelled it, but Pluran's description of it is very intriguing!

Again, great thread Sixcats, you rocker, you!

Hey 6cats,
    when I read your leather thread, thought instantly of Oud cuir d'Arabie but didn't post it as it had already been suggested by the above mentioned BN general. First time I sampled it last fall I thought "WOW! This is a real lash on your ass!!!" (ya know I'm a leather fan too!!!) So I can really figure out your friends mom scaring about you as a devil! ;D
    Some Montale ouds are really powerful and seductive! Another of my favs is Our Damascus (recommended to rose lovers!).

P.S. where did you say we can download the famous "Womanize" Greatest hits?

Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    P.S. where did you say we can download the famous "Womanize" Greatest hits?
    I can only hope you sang the way you write!!

Hi guys,

lol, yea, I am a LEGEND in my own MIND! Truthfully, I had a great time being the lead Vocalist for WOMANIZER (the best know of the UNknow bands in L.A.). Somewhere, I have some recording of some of our songs. Our band was sort of a MIXED bag (concept band) of styles as opposed to HARD ROCK.
    Perhaps someday I will be able to figure out a way to share a couple of these songs.

San Fernando, left the keys in the Car
    From the Mission out to stunt Road wouldn't be very far
    We had hit the liquor store! The Turks had hit the bar!
    We'll meet up with the later when we know just were we are...cause we're....
    taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! tonight, we're taking SIDE STREETS! , we're taking SIDE STREETS! We're DEAD on or feet,
    we're walking WOUNDED tonight!

The above is the opening lyrics to SIDE STREETS which is a FAST HARD DRIVING ROCK song which goes into a VERY COOL BLUES break and then back to the HARD DRIVING ROCK! Our lead Guitarist had an older Brother who was a BIKER dude! The older brother did bodyguard work for Van Halen band. Our Guitarist gave our demo tape to his brother who in turn gave it to Van Halen. We later were surprised to hear a Van Halen song (I couldn't tell you which VH song as I wasn't a hugh VH fan at the time) that sound veeeeeeeery familiar to SIDE STREETS including the COOL BLUES break. Oooh well. Anyway....Pluran, GREAT discription on the D'ARABIE! I hope to at least get myself a decant in the future!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    We had hit the liquor store! *The Turks had hit the bar!
    taking SIDE STREETS! *we're taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! *we're taking SIDE STREETS! tonight, we're taking SIDE STREETS! , we're taking SIDE STREETS! *We're DEAD on or feet,
    I can easily imagine these lyrics going to a Misfits song, or something by Johnny Thunders. Maybe the Winters bros. for the blues break. Rockin stuff, no doubt.

Hi guys,

lol, yea, I am a LEGEND in my own MIND! Truthfully, I had a great time being the lead Vocalist for WOMANIZER (the best know of the UNknow bands in L.A.). Somewhere, I have some recording of some of our songs. Our band was sort of a MIXED bag (concept band) of styles as opposed to HARD ROCK.
    Perhaps someday I will be able to figure out a way to share a couple of these songs.

We had hit the liquor store! The Turks had hit the bar!
    taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! we're taking SIDE STREETS! tonight, we're taking SIDE STREETS! , we're taking SIDE STREETS! We're DEAD on or feet,

The above is the opening lyrics to SIDE STREETS which is a FAST HARD DRIVING ROCK song which goes into a VERY COOL BLUES break and then back to the HARD DRIVING ROCK! Our lead Guitarist had an older Brother who was a BIKER dude! The older brother did bodyguard work for Van Halen band. Our Guitarist gave our demo tape to his brother who in turn gave it to Van Halen. We later were surprised to hear a Van Halen song (I couldn't tell you which VH song as I wasn't a hugh VH fan at the time) that sound veeeeeeeery familiar to SIDE STREETS including the COOL BLUES break. Oooh well. Anyway....Pluran, GREAT discription on the D'ARABIE! I hope to at least get myself a decant in the future!

Regards,
    SixCats!
    Oh boy - another SicCats post! Well, you inspired me to test out the Oud Cuir d'Arabie last night, which the above-mentioned BN five-star general(ette) sent me as a freebie a while back with a purchase I had made. Finally, finally, I got to the leather in this one. On my skin it takes a long time, in this case it took 12 hours and shower for the medicinal quality of the oud to subside, but hey, I got to the leather! Dark, supple, sweaty animal hide leather, as opposed to Cuir Mauresque, which I would call my "driving-in-my-Ferrari-convertible-through-an-orange-grove-on-a-sunny-day" leather.

You know, somehow I have heard of your band. I've played guitar most of my life and visit some guitarist boards once in a while, so maybe I ran across someone who mentioned you guys...or maybe it was a former instructor who mentioned it...can't recall.

Our lead Guitarist had an older Brother who was a BIKER dude! The older brother did bodyguard work for Van Halen band. Our Guitarist gave our demo tape to his brother who in turn gave it to Van Halen. We later were surprised to hear a Van Halen song (I couldn't tell you which VH song as I wasn't a hugh VH fan at the time) that sound veeeeeeeery familiar to SIDE STREETS including the COOL BLUES break.
    That is so cool. I love Van Halen (both the DLR and Hagar versions), especially Eddie.

I would be willing to bet it was one of the songs off their "Fair Warning" album.

My guess would be "Mean Street"

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Hi guys,

ajmc, ummm....MEAN STREET eh? Man...the name alone makes me think your correct! Although it's been many years, I bet if I heard the song, I could tell if it was MODELED after WOMANIZER's SIDE STREETS! ajmc, is there per chance any kind of a sudden BLUES/BLUESY break somewhere in the song that almost seems out of place ? Rob, really ? You think you may have head about WOMANIZER ? Now that's too funny. OK, back to fragrances. Rob, I have now read a COUPLE of remarks saying D'ARABIE has a MEDICINAL quality about it ? Ummm, I find this odd as I do NOT get that whatsoever! Now, if we were talking about SANTA MARIA NOVELLA PATCHOULI or LORENZO VILLORESI (fragrance escapes my mind) no doubt about it...VERY medicinal! However, that being said, lets face it, peoples SENSE of smell are DIFFERENT and some folks can detect notes other can NOT.
    Man Rob, 12 hours to get to the Leather ? Yikes! Heck, as much as I like this fragrances, I would be LUCKY if D'ARABIE lasted 1/3 that time on my skin. That being said, I STILL want this fragrance!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Tom Cat....
    I know you say you are the black hole of scents but is it possible you just have a fast acclimating nose???
    I have a girlfriend who can not detect any scent she has put on after 10 minutes. I can smell it on her.....everyone else can smell it on her.....but she can't. Have you ever asked your wife to see if she can smell a scent on you hours after you've applied it????
    Just curious....maybe its still there and you can't smell it anymore......

At your service sixcats whenever you are ready.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Hi Di,

Well...I SUPPOSE it's possible to a degree but, there have been fragrances I applied in the A.M. and when sniffing at my wrist, can still smell certain fragrances late in the P.M. Heck...what was that fragrance...Oooh yes...LV DILMUN! Dear God, does DILMUN ever last on my skin! Perhaps I can not smell certain notes after a bit of time has past. I dunno! Vijay, thank you Sir! Ahhhh, I must remember your suggestion and try using some of J. Oil you mentioned today!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Hi guys,

ajmc, ummm....MEAN STREET eh? Man...the name alone makes me think your correct! Although it's been many years, I bet if I heard the song, I could tell if it was MODELED after WOMANIZER's SIDE STREETS! ajmc, is there per chance any kind of a sudden BLUES/BLUESY break somewhere in the song that almost seems out of place ? Rob, really ? You think you may have head about WOMANIZER ? Now that's too funny. OK, back to fragrances. Rob, I have now read a COUPLE of remarks saying D'ARABIE has a MEDICINAL quality about it ? Ummm, I find this odd as I do NOT get that whatsoever! Now, if we were talking about SANTA MARIA NOVELLA PATCHOULI or LORENZO VILLORESI (fragrance escapes my mind) no doubt about it...VERY medicinal! However, that being said, lets face it, peoples SENSE of smell are DIFFERENT and some folks can detect notes other can NOT.
    Man Rob, 12 hours to get to the Leather ? Yikes! Heck, as much as I like this fragrances, I would be LUCKY if D'ARABIE lasted 1/3 that time on my skin. That being said, I STILL want this fragrance!

Regards,
    SixCats!
    The longer I am here, the more I am amazed at how different everyone's experiences are. On me most oud scents are big-time medicinal, for a long while, then that note subsides and I get the rest of the scent, which usually seems to be rich and deep. Maybe the oud deepens it? I don't know...I wish I could get to the dry down faster on Oud Cuir d'Arabie, because it's good stuff.

As for longevity, the recent summer weather seems to be making everything last forever on me. I am not kidding here. I put on Acier Aluminium yesterday morning before work. Just a little bit from a sample vial. I worked all day. I showered, I slept, and the smell was light but still there the next morning. I put on another frag, on a different part of my arm of course, worked all day, and now, at 9:30 pm a day and half later, I can still smell the AA. So can my gf, so at least I know that: either I am not nuts, or we both are.

tried this today very very nice but i was mulling i've smelled something a little bit similar especially in the top notes but how and then i recalled a decant i had a year ago or so of villoresi's incensi ,is it just me or anyone else feel there is a slight similarity in the 2 of them?

Yes I finally gave in after reading sixcats post on this, and just received a shipment from Montale.

I literally tore open the box while the UPS guy was still here (shaking his head) put some on from the tester. I was expecting this to come in so I did not put any cologne on this morning.

MY COMMENT : AWESOME, this is pure leather

Thank you sixcats

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"