Code of Conduct

Thread: What's in Echo?

Default What's in Echo?

I'm surprised that I REALLY like this scent. It smells good and it lasts and decent amount of time. But i'm just curious as to what is in it. Metal Aldehyde doesn't mean much to me and "Living Liquid Air" isn't too helpful either. The only thing i can picture is the "white suede", but I don't really know what it smells like. I can't pin it down myself, so if anyone else has ideas or has seen a more specific note pyramid, please help! I'm just curious :
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Re: What's in Echo?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    I'm surprised that I REALLY like this scent. *It smells good and it lasts and decent amount of time. *But i'm just curious as to what is in it. *Metal Aldehyde doesn't mean much to me and "Living Liquid Air" isn't too helpful either. *The only thing i can picture is the "white suede", but I don't really know what it smells like. *I can't pin it down myself, so if anyone else has ideas or has seen a more specific note pyramid, please help! *I'm just curious *:
    I also don't know what It is. The only thing I know is that Echo's pretty good!! 8-)

well, the notes speak for themselves I think.. Liquid plastic smell, in a bottle. :P

Echo is a good scent, I'm not really sure if it would be a lady-killer, but it's nice. It is a little soapy, and reminds me of a "just got out of the shower" type scent. I think it will be a nice post workout scent if you have some errands to run and can't quite get to the shower in time. It's not my fave, but definetly could serve a purpose in my wardrobe.

Hmmm well I agree that it's fresh, which is why i'm surprised I like it. The only others i've been a fan of are Live Jazz, MI, and Mugler Cologne.

I don't really get a synthetic smell; that's why i wonder what's in it. Maybe I'm just used to Odeur 53, and NOTHING smells synthetic next to that stuff.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Echo is...well...was my most complimented scent....EVER!
    When I ran out about a year ago...I didn't get another one....
    I must say...The compliments have gone down....Maybe I'll give it another go.

The suede component is probably most responsible for taming the initial razor sharp edge of Echo. Gives it a somewhat earthy quality. Finished a sample recently and followed up with a bottle, so I find it interesting enough to recommend................

Also, I do pick up on the nutmeg and peppers after it subsides a little.

Head: Suede, Musk, Liquid Air

Heart: Sandalwood, Cedar Wood, Nutmeg

Dry Down: Chilli Pepper, Black Pepper

I don't get many of the notes you all listed, I really only smell a soapy fresh scent. I've also received no compliments at all from this scent, but I don't mind. It is an alright scent for certain occasions. I certainly smell nothing of a pepper or nutmeg sorts in this AT ALL. I smell generic soap and a fresh breeze type scent. I think a little more pepper would actually increase my liking of this cologne.

I think a little more pepper would actually increase my liking of this cologne.
    Pepper? Did somebody say Pepper? Now I'm interested! I will have to personally "research" this fragrance thoroughly. *:P
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like