Code of Conduct

Thread: Dior's Jules

Default Dior's Jules

Does anybody know if Jules is still in production ? Also if anybody would like to share some experiences with this scent , I shall be grateful.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Dior's Jules

It is dark and masculine and rugged. It is very good. I believe it can be purchased in Europe and can be found occasionally on Ebay.

Hy, Sandelwood,
    Jules is still avaibel in France (at any Dior-Depot).
    You can look on Dior-Homepage (but remeber nly the french-pages !!)

Is there anything more current to compare it to...they have a big bottle of it in a frag shop here in MD.
    However, I've been trying to sample it for the past 2 months and the SA won't crack it open for me...She says
    its the only one they have and I have been the only one inquiring in months....
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Have bought a bottle 3 years ago in St Tropez, France...It isn't discontinued, but is has not the original bottle anymore..
    Its a kind of black-pepper / leather (correct me if I'm wrong) scent..I m afraid there is nothing to compare it with...Had compliments on this scent.. very rare to smell nowerdays

is it like Piper Nigrum?

No. Not at all like Piper Nigrum. It is a distant cousin to Bel Ami (Jules has less spice, is darker, and is less smooth) and Trussardi Uomo. It is closer to the Trussardi than Bel Ami.

Hmmmm....sounds like it could be a winner for me then.
    I like Bel Ami but the spiciness makes me 2nd guess it.

One of the all-time greats.

A comparisn to Bel Ami is definitely called for.

My local perfume shop had 1 3.3 oz bottle that they were selling for at least $90.00; if anyone is interested, I can check again.

I also bought a bottle in Vancouver Canada from theperfumeshoppe.com

Oh yes still exist harrods has it.

Souvenirssssssssssss

a great classic

laurent
    Invisible Power

*Sheds a single tear*

I so wanted to love Jules. Throughout my entire life, people have called me Jules. It’s just always been my nickname. I know it sounds kind of corny, but it’s got a coolness factor if some one asks what you are wearing. Imagine my disappointment when I smelled the bottle I had gotten blind. It smelled like a close relative of Kouros. This thick dry leather with that urine soaked bathroom note. I swapped it within an hour of getting it. Oh how I wanted to love Jules.

*shudder*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    *Sheds a single tear*

I so wanted to love Jules. Throughout my entire life, people have called me Jules. It’s just always been my nickname. I know it sounds kind of corny, but it’s got a coolness factor if some one asks what you are wearing. Imagine my disappointment when I smelled the bottle I had gotten blind. It smelled like a close relative of Kouros. This thick dry leather with that urine soaked bathroom note. I swapped it within an hour of getting it. Oh how I wanted to love Jules.

*shudder*

Did you say Kouros? I gotta try this one out.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

There are still a few bottles floating around on the back of shelves in stores in my city. I sprayed some on just after reading this thread and now I think Jules is the bomb. I think I bought my bottle a year or two ago but I've only worn it once or twice. Now it is shockingly fantastic (sorry Julian). Setamp is right comparing it to Trussardi Uomo; it has the same wet buttery smooth softness the Trussardi has, but where Trussardi has some rose Jules seems to have some harsher herbals that put a green and vegetal thing into the middle. I like it a lot but it seems locked into eighties-chic somehow.

Great stuff. So well rounded it would be an excellent signature scent for someone.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Very precise desription Setamp and DustB. I so love this fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I loved it... I got a sample from a generous Basenoter and I absolutely loved it at first sniff and most of the way throughout the drydown but at the bottom, there is something that becomes foul on my skin. I haven't a clue what it is and looking at the notes doesn't help at all. I wish I could figure it out because up until that point, it's magic. And BTW, I love Kouros. ;D

Eric

I've been told that Jules has apparent STRAWBERRY note, is that true?

Post Thanks / Like

There was a news story this morning about the possible auctioning of "stuff" from the estate of Ferdinand Marcos. While they talked they showed old footage of what I suppose was his bedroom...lots of clothes and shoes and jewels strewn about....and there on the dresser was a HUGE bottle of JULES. Perhaps 32oz? Anyway it made me think of this thread.
    I wonder if that will be part of the auction? :
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Was it the old or the new bottle ? It will be indeed very interesting if this Jules would end up in that auction...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures have to be over 20 years old so I am guessing old bottle. It is kind of shaped like the perfume bottle of "Joy". It was also dark glass with the word "Jules" written across it in script. Instantly recognizable.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I think it was then the old bottle... :

[ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

that's the one!
    Leave it to a Basenoter to try to figure out what scents were on the dressing table. It was a fleeting glance so the only other one I got a look at was what appeared to be an "Old Spice" bottle only it was clear and not white.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I just picked it up NIB (tester)
    I only sprayed it once and I don't think its me at all....so its up to my swap/sale list. :-[

great eau de toilette.

best ever made.

Even my mother in law loves it. :

Post Thanks / Like

One of the most distinguised woodsy scents ever. Imagination Perfumery carries it.

http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...ologne-for-men