Code of Conduct

Thread: Envy in summer

Default Envy in summer

Well, I was reading up regarding summer fragrances and so forth. Why are some fragrances considered summer fragrances and others winter? Isn't it about the perfume settling well on one's skin and smelling nice? I was just wondering regarding Gucci Envy, because a friend of mine checked out Envy in my collection. He liked it so much that we went and bought it. Now, the heat is about 40C the past couple of days. I went to his office yesterday and we went out to have a cup of tea, and by golly, the most wonderful smell drifted by my nose. I asked him - guess what, he had used Envy already. Envy is the only perfume in his collection, he was wearing it of course.
    I couldn't believe how nice it smelled on him. I went and applied some of it later on, and it smelled just as good. Thats the part which eludes me. Envy must be really 'strong' to smell so nicely in that sort of heat even after 6 or 7 hours. I say that because most of the other perfumes I have don't last for more than 4 hours or so (in the daytime). If I use any at night, they'll last nicely till the morning's done with. Now, after being intrigued this way, I plan to check out Gucci PH and the other 'stronger scents' like Gentleman, Grey Flannel and Xeryus in the daytime. I already tried Open, and it smells so wonderful, gives you a 'fresh-out-of-the-shower' sort of smell all day long.

Default Re: Envy in summer

I wouldn't care too much about the whole summer/winter thing. As you mention yourself, it's all about smelling nice. There are, however, some very heavy fragrances that are just too much during the summer. Imagine somebody wearing a good dose of A*Men on a 40C summerday. That would probably kill people who passed by. However, this is just a general opinion - if you can wear a couple of sprays and it smells really good, then of course that's no problem at all.

Some fragrances are classified as summer, because they have a cooling, o-zone-like effect. If you wore Kenzo L'eau Par in a cold winter day then that would just add extra cool coldness to the cold day. It can also be hard to smell aquatics in the winter, simply because the cold (at least here in DK) can be so tough to your nose, that you can't even smell certain fragrances. I think that's why most people use heavier, more powerful fragrances in the winter.

If you find out that you smell good with Envy on a hot summer day, then who cares if it's a winter fragrance? If you feel like wearing a summer fragrance in the winter and it smells good, then I guess most people would just appreciate it. There aren't really any rules except to smell good. Winter/summer are just a general guidance.

I wore Envy last night, well it was 60 degrees out. Envy is really growing on me, one of my faves.

As I've posted numerous times, Envy is one of the few orientals works well in summer - something to do with it's freshness.
    I can't see why anyone wouldn't wear Gucci PH, Gentleman, Grey Flannel and Xeryus during the day time - in the office, they don't really give out a feel of "I'm just hanging out to get the hell out of here and go clubbing/partying" like some orientals do.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    As I've posted numerous times, Envy is one of the few orientals works well in summer - something to do with it's freshness.
    I can't see why anyone wouldn't wear Gucci PH, Gentleman, Grey Flannel and Xeryus during the day time - in the office, they don't really give out a feel of "I'm just hanging out to get the hell out of here and go clubbing/partying" like some orientals do.
    Renato
    Yeah Renato, I totally agree. I tried it myself, and it smelled very nice today. Gentleman doesn't work in the heat though, it gets to be a bit cloying, the same doesn't apply to Grey Flannel and Xeryus, they seem to work well, but aren't as long lasting as in cooler temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I wouldn't care too much about the whole summer/winter thing. As you mention yourself, it's all about smelling nice. There are, however, some very heavy fragrances that are just too much during the summer. Imagine somebody wearing a good dose of A*Men on a 40C summerday. That would probably kill people who passed by. However, this is just a general opinion - if you can wear a couple of sprays and it smells really good, then of course that's no problem at all.
    LOL! It would be very, very cloying, but when you live in a city where the temperature oscilates between 30-39C, you get accostumed to loud smells... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs

LOL! It would be very, very cloying, but when you live in a city where the temperature oscilates between 30-39C, you get accostumed to loud smells... ;D
    I haven't smelled A*men yet, but from what you say, it ought to be 'terrific' ! . Hmm India has many 'strong' smells actually, and none more so than a local bazaar, even a very strong perfume would be overshadowed there!

Envy is working perfect today. It's a midly warm spring day. Can't wait to try it this summer

I just ordered a sample

I'm excited! ;D
    MikeD on Chaz by Revlon: "I knew a lady who took one sniff and said "bug spray." I never told the guy what she said, but the termites disappeared, oddly enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Smoth 007
    I just ordered a sample

I'm excited! ;D
    and you should be! ;D