Code of Conduct

Default Has anybody ever tried this stuff?

It's called Fresh Cannabis Santal EDP by Fresh?? Here is a Link, it sounds very interesting judging by the fragrance notes, very gourimand.That $75 price tag is beyond my means right now though.

http://www.fresh.com/Merchant2/merch..._Code=00001050

In the new May edition of Men's Health magazine, it received a 2006 grooming award along with: Armani Black Code, Nautica Voyage, KC Signature, and Bond No. 9 Hamptons.

Default Re: Has anybody ever tried this stuff?

I was trying to find this fragrance in the Basenotes directory once, I don't remember if I actually found it or not ha. It was mentioned in the Spring 2006 Men's Vogue.

Wouldn't it be funny Chris if that Cannibis note in the cologne is actually the cannibis you puff? The scary thing is that it would be mixed up in a whirlwind of chocolate and vanilla, disgusting.

haha, who knows. However, this can't be the first frag to ever use cannabis. I'm sure there's got to be others...?

Quote Originally Posted by k-six

In the new May edition of Men's Health magazine, it received a 2006 grooming award along with: Armani Black Code, Nautica Voyage, KC Signature, and Bond No. 9 Hamptons.
    I also read Men's Health but I think all of these trendy magazines don't know anything about fragrances. They just mention some new designers along with a couple lesser known brands to sound liek they really know the field inside out.

Whatever....But this isn't to detract from Fresh Cananbis, just that u cant trust mags.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    [quote author=k-six link=1145858209/0#0 date=1145858209]

I also read Men's Health but I think all of these trendy magazines don't know anything about fragrances. They just mention some new designers along with a couple lesser known brands to sound liek they really know the field inside out.

Whatever....But this isn't to detract from Fresh Cananbis, just that u cant trust mags.[/quote]

I was going to actually mention that in my introductory post. Men's Health do speak on a couple of good scents, but in no way do I think of them as true scenteurs. I'm very aware that they mainly support 'The Machine'(mainstream bulls#it!!). I don't even wear fragrances produced by bigtime designers. I just noted that it was given an award by Men's Health. Despite all of that, this scent could be a winner, it sounds promising I guess.

This stuff is actually pretty darn good IMO
    Initial blast is reminiscant of A*MEN. but then settles into a nice green scent mixed and matched with other notes....pretty unique.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Initial blast is reminiscant of A*MEN. *but then settles into a nice green scent mixed and matched with other notes....pretty unique.

I agree, I like it very much. Different from the other Fresh offerings by a mile.

Regards,
    Steve

Excellent scent no matter who(or what--magazine) mentions it and it's different in a good way.

I have a BN'r to thank for telling me how to get a pre-release bottle from Barney's.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Good to hear the thumbs up from you guys that own the frag. To you that own this, is this a strong EDP???

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    Initial blast is reminiscant of A*MEN. *but then settles into a nice green scent mixed and matched with other notes....pretty unique.
    I agree. When I first sampled it, my thoughts were that it's an A*Men wannabe ... and I can't stand A*Men. But it settles down very nicely to ... what I feel ... will be a good summer gourmand. The one note, to my nose, that doesn't go away throughout the drydown is the chocolate note. But there's so much going on with this frag, the chocolate works fine.

My only disappointment is that I don't smell Cannabis ANYWHERE in there. Not that I was expecting to smell like a comatose Grateful Dead groupie ... but I smell none!