Code of Conduct

Default Looking for mint/yuzu, any suggestions?

With my bottle of the rare Aramis Surface down to its last few sprays, I'm looking for something minty to replace it. I love mint in fragrances, but haven't explored them too much because I've been satisfied with Surface. I sampled Alfred Sung's Hei, and I actually really liked the mint and yuzu, but it was barely detectable after an hour or so. I'm looking into something in a similar style, but longer lasting. Right now I'm looking into Rykiel Homme, but I haven't tried it before, and I've made bad blind buys in the past. I want to purchase something from Perfume.com using the gift certificate I have received from writing reviews, so as far as my accessibility to fragrances, that will be my marketplace. Any recommendations?

Default Re: Looking for mint/yuzu, any suggestions?

Cartier Pasha was minty and spicy, I remember. Not quite my thing -- not a big fan of mint in frags myself -- but it's a quality juice. Worth checking out, I think.

For Yuzu done right, check out l'eau par Kenzo or Yuzu Ab Irato from Parfumiere Generale.

The latter can be found on their website. For about $12.00 you can get a 1/4 spray decant.

By the way, new member here. Lurked for a while but decided to get involved.

Overcome By Fumes

Welcome Bram. Just wanted you to know I love that song you did, "Girl of my Dreams".

lol, that's so funny. Their first album, "Strange Man, Changed Man" was one of favorites of all time, and I didn't expect anyone here to know it.

I just ordered a CD of it off of ebay tonight and had 4 live bonus tracks!

Pure power pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Tchaikovsky
    For Yuzu done right, check out Yuzu Ab Irato from Parfumiere Generale.
    I second Yuzu Ab Irato.

Another good yuzu fragrance is Diptyque's Oyedo. Its a citrus scent thats on the sweet side -- pretty unique.

If money is no object and you can find a bottle, i highly recommend Gobin Daude's Jardins Ottomans. Its a yuzu dominated scent that also has lemon petigrain, broom and a good dose of patchouli as well. Don't worry, the patchouli doesn't overpower the other notes, it just adds a warm earthy feel to the fragrance.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

YSL Live Jazz
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Bram Tchaikovsky
    For Yuzu done right, check out l'eau par Kenzo or Yuzu Ab Irato from Parfumiere Generale.

The latter can be found on their website. For about $12.00 you can get a 1/4 spray decant.

By the way, new member here. Lurked for a while but decided to get involved.

Yuzu Ab Irato from Parfumiere Generale.

DITTO!

Second the LIVE JAZZ reccomendation. Didn't work for me, however. I kept getting the sensation of toothpaste.

Baldessarini and Live jazz. I recommend Baldessarini. didn't like live jazz.

My SOTD, Nautica Latitude Longitude has some mint and spices in it, wearing it always reminds me of peppermint chewing gum. But it was recently discontinued, (which is probably why I got it with 80% off) so it might not be too available. If you dig stuff like Paco XS or Platinum Egoiste you might want to give it a chance.

francois

Live Jazz also came to mind first.
    If you'd like a sweet base, you could also look at Jacomo Rouge and Le Mâle.
    Pal Zileri is a nice mint and apple combo.

Le Male Summer.

Surprised no one has mentioned Mentafolia yet, from Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria series. Surprisingly long-lasting, very refreshing, and sufficiently complex to boot. Other recommendations include Caron's L'Anarchiste for a very interesting use of mint; MPG's Santal Noble, which also gives me an initial minty blast; and CdG's Series 1 Leaves: Mint and Series 5 Sherbert: Peppermint. The former is more like spearmint or wintergreen, while the latter is truer to peppermint.

Jeff