Code of Conduct

Default How NOT to Heckle at a Baseball Game...

Hey guys,

Today I got to go to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game in our brand new Busch Stadium versus...our nemesis...the Chicago Cubs.

Well, to set the scene, my brother and I got to our seats excited to see our first Cards/Cubs game (we have an intense historical rivalry with the sCrUBS). *As we settled in, we were quickly dismayed to find that huge pockets of loud obnoxious Cub fans were deposited all throughout the section. *Oh god, they were so rude. *See, Cardinals fans are real baseball fans who come to watch the play of the game and cheer the hometeam...Cubs fans are a bunch of drunken idiots who drive hundreds of miles, come to our stadium, and jeer and yell and annoy everyone. *I hate Cubs fans.

So anyway, by the third or fourth inning, I was getting fed up. * These Cub fans were ruining the game with their loud antics. *Then their third baseman Aramis Ramirez comes to the plate...

"Aramis!" *The people behind me shout.. *"Aramis, Aramis"

So I turn around and shout back, "Aramis STINKS!"

I then turned back around, and settled into my seat thinking my barb had successfully deployed...

But my brother is just sitting next to me shaking his head. *"Yeah, good one. *Too bad maybe two people in the stadium GET it!"

Oh well, I still think it was a good heckle. *I thought YOU people would appreciate it!

Default Re: How NOT to Heckle at a Baseball Game...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I get it!! Oh, silly stories are always appreciated. Aramis does stink!!

You should be watching Hockey playoffs though...

EnvYuS

Loved your story, Indy, but have to disagree with you--Aramis (the fragrance) doesn't stink.

HAHA...Good one.

I experience the same thing with the DAMN Yankees and Red Sox fans here in Oriole-Town.

;D Good one Indie.

Hey did you notice only supporting members have replied to your thread so far. Wassup with that???

By the way I am originally from Chicago and am a cubs fan, they break my heart every year :'(.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

As a World Series Champion White Sox fan who was raised by a Mom that grew up watching Cardinals games during her childhood, I thought that it was funny.

BTW, IndieGuy, I must take it that you don't like either Aramis Ramirez or the 1965 smell classic.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

The Basenotes King of Storytellers delivers once again.

Blog Entries

LMAO!!!! Great story.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    ;D
    By the way I am originally from Chicago and am a cubs fan, they break my heart every year *:'(.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had thought being a Basenoter and a Cub fan were mutually exclusive. *I guess this forces me to say that not all Cub fans are drunken idiots, some are actually cool, classy guys- with a SEVERE Basenotes addiction...(your Rain Man story should be put in "the files"!) *Anyway, the rivalry makes it so much fun. *I'm actually glad because of what happened today. *Lately it seems the Cubs have gotten rid of all the players that I can't stand. *Sosa, Farnsworth, Hawkins, Alou, Patterson etc.(D. Lee is the ONE Cub I can't hate) *There's not that many people on the current Cubs that get under my skin... But now...my burning "hatred" for the Cubbies is rekindled.

Yeah, I should clarify that I don't actually dislike "Aramis" the fragrance, but I thought it would be universally known that people in the stands would make the connection. *I wonder if there are any other names in MLB that are also fragrance name. *Anyone know?

And as for you, EnvYuS...I wish I could be watching the hockey playoffs, but this is the first time in 25 years that the Blues have missed the playoffs. *It sucks.

"I guess this forces me to say that not all Cub fans are drunken idiots, some are actually cool, classy guys- with a SEVERE Basenotes addiction...(your Rain Man story should be put in "the files"!)"

Hey Indie - thanks for the compliment, you keep doing that, it will get to my head LOL ;D.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Ted don't you badmouth my Cubbies!!!!!! (sarcasm be noted) I will have to say though that the Aramis fragrance will have considerably less errors know that Ramirez' wacky arm will be in full effect with Lee being out for 3 months with a broken wrist. I'm actually close to feeling sorry for them (note I said close).