Code of Conduct

Default How NOT to Heckle at a Baseball Game...

Hey guys,

Today I got to go to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game in our brand new Busch Stadium versus...our nemesis...the Chicago Cubs.

Well, to set the scene, my brother and I got to our seats excited to see our first Cards/Cubs game (we have an intense historical rivalry with the sCrUBS). *As we settled in, we were quickly dismayed to find that huge pockets of loud obnoxious Cub fans were deposited all throughout the section. *Oh god, they were so rude. *See, Cardinals fans are real baseball fans who come to watch the play of the game and cheer the hometeam...Cubs fans are a bunch of drunken idiots who drive hundreds of miles, come to our stadium, and jeer and yell and annoy everyone. *I hate Cubs fans.

So anyway, by the third or fourth inning, I was getting fed up. * These Cub fans were ruining the game with their loud antics. *Then their third baseman Aramis Ramirez comes to the plate...

"Aramis!" *The people behind me shout.. *"Aramis, Aramis"

So I turn around and shout back, "Aramis STINKS!"

I then turned back around, and settled into my seat thinking my barb had successfully deployed...

But my brother is just sitting next to me shaking his head. *"Yeah, good one. *Too bad maybe two people in the stadium GET it!"

Oh well, I still think it was a good heckle. *I thought YOU people would appreciate it!

Default Re: How NOT to Heckle at a Baseball Game...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I get it!! Oh, silly stories are always appreciated. Aramis does stink!!

You should be watching Hockey playoffs though...

EnvYuS

Loved your story, Indy, but have to disagree with you--Aramis (the fragrance) doesn't stink.

HAHA...Good one.

I experience the same thing with the DAMN Yankees and Red Sox fans here in Oriole-Town.

;D Good one Indie.

Hey did you notice only supporting members have replied to your thread so far. Wassup with that???

By the way I am originally from Chicago and am a cubs fan, they break my heart every year :'(.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

As a World Series Champion White Sox fan who was raised by a Mom that grew up watching Cardinals games during her childhood, I thought that it was funny.

BTW, IndieGuy, I must take it that you don't like either Aramis Ramirez or the 1965 smell classic.
    Loyal Basenoter since 2004. And getting ready for the next big step in my longtime hobby: bringing niche to my neck of the woods... Xscentrik is coming soon.

Follow our progress on Basenotes and here: Facebook Twitter

The Basenotes King of Storytellers delivers once again.

Blog Entries

LMAO!!!! Great story.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    ;D
    By the way I am originally from Chicago and am a cubs fan, they break my heart every year *:'(.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I had thought being a Basenoter and a Cub fan were mutually exclusive. *I guess this forces me to say that not all Cub fans are drunken idiots, some are actually cool, classy guys- with a SEVERE Basenotes addiction...(your Rain Man story should be put in "the files"!) *Anyway, the rivalry makes it so much fun. *I'm actually glad because of what happened today. *Lately it seems the Cubs have gotten rid of all the players that I can't stand. *Sosa, Farnsworth, Hawkins, Alou, Patterson etc.(D. Lee is the ONE Cub I can't hate) *There's not that many people on the current Cubs that get under my skin... But now...my burning "hatred" for the Cubbies is rekindled.

Yeah, I should clarify that I don't actually dislike "Aramis" the fragrance, but I thought it would be universally known that people in the stands would make the connection. *I wonder if there are any other names in MLB that are also fragrance name. *Anyone know?

And as for you, EnvYuS...I wish I could be watching the hockey playoffs, but this is the first time in 25 years that the Blues have missed the playoffs. *It sucks.

"I guess this forces me to say that not all Cub fans are drunken idiots, some are actually cool, classy guys- with a SEVERE Basenotes addiction...(your Rain Man story should be put in "the files"!)"

Hey Indie - thanks for the compliment, you keep doing that, it will get to my head LOL ;D.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Ted don't you badmouth my Cubbies!!!!!! (sarcasm be noted) I will have to say though that the Aramis fragrance will have considerably less errors know that Ramirez' wacky arm will be in full effect with Lee being out for 3 months with a broken wrist. I'm actually close to feeling sorry for them (note I said close).