Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Scents that change the most

What scents does everyone have that change COMPLETELY from application to drydown. I know all frags do to some extent, but usually can still detect some topnotes. I'm interested in which evolve to something completely unrecognizable as the same scent by the end of the day. I'll start:

Bleecker Street: sharp and leafy------>sweet vanilla leather
    Tea for Two: smoky tea----->honey
    TM Cologne: lemony soap------>sweet musk
    Kouros: piss and disinfectant------>woody and earthy
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Re: Scents that change the most

the beginning of Route du Vétiver is dark and forboding, a bit repulsive. but it soon transforms into a tender walk in sun-dappled woods, and its true convivial nature is revealed.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    the beginning of Route du Vétiver is dark and forboding, a bit repulsive. *but it soon transforms into a tender walk in sun-dappled woods, and its true convivial nature is revealed.
    Ahhh yes; Route du Vetiver is a rather anfractuous ride, but very rewarding :-)

Guerlain's Vetiver also has some interesting development. however, though i have owned it and enjoyed it, compared to Maître Parfumeur et Gantier's masterpiece, it is but a mediocre brummagem wannabe.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Gucci Rush totally transorms.
    SMN Nostalgia goes from burnt rubber and gasoline to a sweet, vanillic, lemony leather.

Guerlain's Vetiver also has some interesting development. however, though i have owned it and enjoyed it, compared to Maître Parfumeur et Gantier's masterpiece, it is but a mediocre brummagem wannabe.
    I find thats the case with most vetiver based fragrances, really. They are generally very dynamic, but are also usually bound by a wonderful, propitiating nature.

Creed Tabarome Millesime starts off with that ginger rush, that mellows substantially over the first 30 minutes. What is left is incredible tea and tobacco!

One of the best developments I know of.

Serge Luten's Gris Claire. I love how it changes from Lavander to other elements!! ;D
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by baron
    Gucci Rush totally transorms.
    gucci rush was one of the first fragrances i owned. but after using it for quite some time, i finally had to defenestrate it. and yet... it will always have a place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Serge Luten's Gris Claire. *I love how it changes from Lavander to other elements!! ;D

Gris Claire- I am impressed. A man of recherché taste.

Gris Clair is a joyous fragrance. when i wear it, it is as if a sparkling tintinnabulation surrounds me.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    Creed Tabarome Millesime starts off with that ginger rush, that mellows substantially over the first 30 minutes. What is left is incredible tea and tobacco!

One of the best developments I know of.

Wonderful fragrance. When the deep, brooding tobacco notes finally start to dominate, it's as euphoria inducing as the denouement of an incredible novel.

Gucci Envy
    Kouros

Blog Entries

Burberry Brit transforms from powder/vanilla on application to vanilla/tonka/musk at the base, on my skin.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    my old girlfriend loved Tabarome Millesime. when i wore it she would literally pounce on me. in fact, her female friends would comment on it too and sometimes flirt just a little too much, which would annoy her. i think Tabarome Millesime could turn even a tatterdemalion into a Valentino of the first order.

[quote author=phersurf link=1145575789/0#6 date=1145578264]Creed Tabarome Millesime starts off with that ginger rush, that mellows substantially over the first 30 minutes. What is left is incredible tea and tobacco!
    when i wore it she would literally pounce on me.[/quote]

I am guessing you didn't issue a ukase to try and stop that behavior :-p

I'm finding that my new discovery D&G Masculine has a complete change from beginning to end. It starts of with lemon and basil. Very herbal. Then later it's vetiver (like that in KenzoAir) and a delicious vanilla. Alot of people dislike this scent because they find its inclusion of the vanilla to be a bit jarring. I think it makes the scent great. It's a very edible vanilla- especially how it mingles with that lemon. It's like going to Dairy Queen and getting a lemon/lime Mr. Misty float!

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    [quote author=liquid link=1145575789/0#14 date=1145581664][quote author=phersurf link=1145575789/0#6 date=1145578264]Creed Tabarome Millesime starts off with that ginger rush, that mellows substantially over the first 30 minutes. What is left is incredible tea and tobacco!

[/quote]
    lol i certainly did not. though i doubt i could have even if i wanted to. not even a Papal Bull could have halted her advances.

[quote author=IPaidForThisName link=1145575789/15#15 date=1145581859][quote author=liquid link=1145575789/0#14 date=1145581664][quote author=phersurf link=1145575789/0#6 date=1145578264]Creed Tabarome Millesime starts off with that ginger rush, that mellows substantially over the first 30 minutes. What is left is incredible tea and tobacco!

[/quote]
    lol i certainly did not. *though i doubt i could have even if i wanted to. *not even a Papal Bull could have halted her advances.

[/quote]

Despite how Argus-Eyed the Catholic Church is, they probably missed that one. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    It's like going to Dairy Queen and getting a lemon/lime Mr. Misty float!
    hehe yeah. in its own way, D&G Masculine really is a rather fun frag. sometimes when i wear it i feel as if Terpsichore herself, with iris-plume and glittering pinions, is carrying me away high into the shimmering night sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    I'm finding that my new discovery D&G Masculine has a complete change from beginning to end. *It starts of with lemon and basil. *Very herbal. *Then later it's vetiver (like that in KenzoAir) and a delicious vanilla. *Alot of people dislike this scent because they find its inclusion of the vanilla to be a bit jarring. *I think it makes the scent great. *It's a very edible vanilla- especially how it mingles with that lemon. *It's like going to Dairy Queen and getting a lemon/lime Mr. Misty float!

I can't stand Masculine. Not only does it smell like lemon pledge, but also, it reminds of those soi-disant 'preppy' teenagers. *shudder*

I can't stand Masculine. Not only does it smell like lemon pledge, but also, it reminds of those soi-disant 'preppy' teenagers. *shudder*
    ipaid,
    though your taste is impeccable and your knowledge of fragrance truly brobdingnagian in proportion, i must - like the fluffy yet swift and vengeful bunny of lore - leap to indie's defense in this matter. Masculine may seem simple and uninspired at first, but i think that upon further reflection you'll see that beneath the patina of banality lies a bright lemony ball of delight.

[quote author=IPaidForThisName link=1145575789/15#20 date=1145583521]I can't stand Masculine. Not only does it smell like lemon pledge, but also, it reminds of those soi-disant 'preppy' teenagers. *shudder*
    ipaid,
    though your taste is impeccable and your knowledge of fragrance truly brobdingnagian in proportion, i must - like the fluffy yet swift and vengeful bunny of lore - leap to indie's defense in this matter. *Masculine may seem simple and uninspired at first, but i think that upon further reflection you'll see that beneath the patina of banality lies a bright lemony ball of delight.
    [/quote]

Lemony ball of delight? Surely thou speaks in jest on this matter!!! Masculine is a gallimaufry of caustic, bitter notes that serves as nothing more than a bitter reminder of what a perfumer should, at all costs, avoid.

There seems to be a vocabulary lesson going on in this thread! I'm a pretty edumcated dude, but I've never seen some of those words.

Personally I have found good-to-great development in most of both the Villoresi and Lutens lines.

Lemony ball of delight? Surely thou speaks in jest on this matter!!! Masculine is a gallimaufry of caustic, bitter notes that serves as nothing more than a bitter reminder of what a perfumer should, at all costs, avoid.
    my friend, your xenodocheionology is showing. perhaps you should check out of the red roof inn and join us in the palatial estates of true fragrance appreciation.

I suggest that everyone close their thesaurus.com windows and simply sniff themselves.

Or, tell me this:

What's another word for Thesaurus?

* * ^Roget's^

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

^Roget's^
    Erm. No.

I think Caron's Pour un Homme is my biggest shifter!

it turns to OMG GET IT OFF IT STINKS to CANT GET ENOUGH!!

I guess the effect seems bigger since I just loathe the top lavender and love the base vanilla..

The DDDDRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEERRRRR

All you doubters of this wonderful scent, should spray again, leave for 40 minutes...then sniff! awesome! perfect for clubbing.

I say mechant loup and the dreamer. Mechant loups top notes I can't stand but it dries down to something beautiful its a different scent. The dreamer is the same, that top note is off putting but it also dries down to something nice

On me the biggest changer is Messe de Minuit. It starts out with this beautiful musty-orange-cinnamon-dusty smell but turns to a sweet sweet sweet glop of honey and amber.