Code of Conduct

Default Rive gauche - Sillage and staying power?

Hii!!

Another question on Rive gauche...

I think it is one great frag as often mentioned in the board. I like it a lot

I sometimes have a problem with the staying power....when I apply it, I think it is gone after 4-5 hours. Yes, I know staying power is quite different because of different skin chemistry. But what are your experiences? I use the "normal" pH version.

And what about the sillage?? How many do you apply?? How do you know how much the sillage of a special frag? If you smell it yourself after a while or if you get lots of compliments?

And my last question, whats your age? I am 23 years and I like it a lot.....despite of the problems with staying power. :-/

Thanks!

Default Re: Rive gauche - Sillage and staying power?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzfreak24
    Hii!!
    And what about the sillage?? How many do you apply?? How do you know how much the sillage of a special frag? If you smell it yourself after a while or if you get lots of compliments?
    I'm not familiar with Rive Gauche's staying power, but how to determine the sillage of a scent is quite universal. What works best for me is seeing how the sillage is when you first start wearing it, and asking other people what they think.
    It'll be much harder to do this when you're wearing it for a longer period, since you'll most likely suffer from olfactory fatigue and you'll be pretty close to overspraying.

But remember, it's better not to be noticed for your scent that easily than to have people run away from your enormous odor-cloud...
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

In my experience, it "calms down" after about 6 hours... But if you go clubbing, it wakes right up again!

Post Thanks / Like

I had problems with Rive Gauche's staying power too...
    It only lasted two or three hours on my skin... I think I must try it again, It's a great fragrance!

Post Thanks / Like

I use about three sprays, but then again I bring my fragrance to the office and spray it there. Two sprays,one on each arm, and one spray on my neck. You can try spraying some on your shirt. I just love the smell of RG homme on my shirt collar, I can still smell it a week after I sprayed it on my collar.

Does it smell that good after awhile? If I can smelled it on my collar when I got home, I hope people smelled it the same way as it did on my collar.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Yes, I also love smelling RG on my T-Shirt, pullvover, jacket....it's smells great there, perhaps even better than smelling on my skin, don't know why....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! On my clothings, the sharp top notes were gone, and I'm left with this refreshing, deep, manly scent!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I only get 4-6 hours from it usually, but it's a wonderful fragrance. Retro to the extreme.

I also love the tall, cylindrical bottle; it's almost dendroidal in nature.