Code of Conduct

Default First Date Scent

Okay guy's & Gal's I am finally going to get a first date with this lady. I think I have the right outfit picked out blue slacks and a blue patterned shirt. We are going to eat lunch tuesday at Zio's an Italian restraunt. She's a bit younger than me in her early 20's, Now I'm looking through my fragrances and am looking for some input from the group. Care to take a look at my drobe?

Default Re: First Date Scent

Since it's the first date and so you don't know what scents she may like, I wouldn't choose a very heavy fragrance. From your wardrobe I would go with Platinum Egoiste, GIT, Boucheron PH, Eau Sauvage and maybe Rive Gauche.

I think John Varvatos is perfect for a woman in her early 20's.

If I was in this situation, I would try my hardest not to wear anything that would compete with the already pungent smells of herbs, tomatoes, cheese, garlic, and baked bread!

I think it would be Polo Blue, Mugler Cologne, Eau Sauvage, John Varvatos, and Chanel Pour Monsieur as my choices.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Me too, I have a date coming weekend. She's in her early 20s and we'll be going to a spanish restaurant (with bar, live band and dance floor). we might hit the dance floor for some salsa...what could I wear from my wardrobe....

I'm kind of dealing with this dilemma myself. There's a cute girl at my job who works in another department. She's really hot and young (like your girl). Initially, I had a super crush on her but thought she was out of my league. Now I find out that she has a big crush on ME and has been sending her friends to bug me to ask her out.

So how about some high fives!

So looking through your drobe, I was thinking of these...

Bulgari Pour Homme- obviously versatile, light, and magnetic. Hell, one time I had an old cheap guy of some nebulous European persuasion sitting in my bar when I worked at the airport. He never tipped, was annoying as all hell...but the kicker- he was wearing Bulgari Pour Homme and not to sound gay, but it smelled so good on him, I really didn't want him to leave! That's how you KNOW its good stuff.

DKNY MEN- Yeah, I know- The skinny tall bottle that sits at the back of your shelf, the one with the damn cap that wont stay on... Well, pretty good stuff, forgotten though it may be these days. Back when I used to wear it alot, girls loved it on me. It smelled of clean laundry and some kind of mountain berries. Just a thought from left field.

Rive Gauche- Maybe a bit riskier than the other two, but I personally have never been around a girl who didn't love the stuff on me.

Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme- Really what's not to love? It's so balanced and perfect in every way. The only reservation I'd have is that I generally think Orientals to be a bit riskier, and I do find that L'Instant , to me, does jut a bit into Oriental country.

I'm thinking of what to wear when I take my girl out...I'm kind of set on Versace Black Jeans, since its almost all I've been wearing lately. But aside from that, I'd probably go with any of the four I've listed above, with special emphasis on Bulgari Pour Homme.

Good luck!

GIT would be a good choice since it's generally liked and more importantly, I guess you feel good wearing it, since you have rated it five stars. You couldn't possibly know what she likes in fragrances, so you better wear something you like.

Overcome By Fumes

Chanel pour Monsieur, a classy chypre right from the start...

I think Bvlgari is a little risky... A girl in her 20's... A lot of people has already told me that Bvlgari has a smoky note that can be really annoying... (But I like it a lot)
    My suggestion: Go with Polo Blue or Tsar.
    If you really wanna take your chances go with Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree or Jaipur!

(It can be difficult to understand, but GIT seems to be a risky choice since everybody often thinks It's Cool Water)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    GIT would be a good choice since it's generally liked and more importantly, I guess you feel good wearing it, since you have rated it five stars. You couldn't possibly know what she likes in fragrances, so you better wear something you like.
    I would say the same thing. GIT has a very wide appeal and it is not a bold, in your face fragrance which is a bad idea for a first date.

Might as well pile on...

GIT, Chanel PM, and Varvatos would make my short-list of "safe" choices. Then, from those I'd just use my gut at the last minute to choose the winner.

Mugler cologne, Polo Blue, Chanel pour monsieur, Platinum Egoïste, or maybe Armani Mania.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Whatever you pick, JUST DONT OVER DO IT. One spray, two at the most. When you get to know here enough to tell her your a total frag. addict then you may pile on the weird frags.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Thinking either TM Cologne or Boucheron. Don't want to go with something too heavy it's going to be in the lower 80's tommorrow.

Indie_Guy good luck. I thought that too about this girl.

I'd wear Burberry Touch if I were you, or Gendarme, why spend more cash.

The fragrance that rang the bell for me when I read your question and it always alludes this time of the year it*is spring fresh and goes well with blue shirts is Cerutti Image for men.

Well guys, you are so funny!
    She will also be excited and will not notice any smell except for something really unpleasant ^)

WhiteRat's right. I can't ever remember what I wore when I first asked her out. but fragrance is something I put on everyday just like my cloths. I just want to pick something a little discreet but nice.

Well I wore TM Cologne. But instead she stood me up. :'(

What a bitch!

Hey man, if you wanna talk about it and get it off your chest, send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you vent. The worst time I was ever stood up, I drove all the way from St. Louis to Kansas City to see this girl...and the "kutwijf" (It's a Dutch word for what this girl was) stood me up.

In the upcoming date with my girl... I'm a little scared. I'm certain that this girl wants to molest me the first chance she gets. I'm just starting to realize that she's kind of a slut. Very nice girl, don't get me wrong- and beautiful to boot. But I'm hearing that she's been around the block a few times, and the block in question happens to have run through "the hood" if you follow me. Not that that in itself is a dealbreaker, it's just that I'm not wanting to get any diseases or anything. This girl is one of those attractive girls who has self esteem issues- which can be nice way of getting a girl you thought was out of your league with the help of the "low-self-esteem-discount-at-checkout". After two drinks, it's going to be really hard for me to abstain. I actually need advice dealing with this. I need to figure out a way to tell her that I don't want to have sex with her until I get to know her better. It might be tough, especially considering how attracted I am to her. I'm definitely gonna make a trip to the pharmacy before the date. But anyway that's my situation.

If you want to tell me about what happened when you got stood up, I'll be happy to listen. Again, what a f'ing b!itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    What a bitch!

Hey man, if you wanna talk about it and get it off your chest, send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you vent. *The worst time I was ever stood up, I drove all the way from St. Louis to Kansas City to see this girl...and the "kutwijf" (It's a Dutch word for what this girl was) stood me up.

In the upcoming date with my girl... I'm a little scared. *I'm certain that this girl wants to molest me the first chance she gets. *I'm just starting to realize that she's kind of a slut. *Very nice girl, don't get me wrong- and beautiful to boot. *But I'm hearing that she's been around the block a few times, and the block in question happens to have run through "the hood" if you follow me. *Not that that in itself is a dealbreaker, it's just that I'm not wanting to get any diseases or anything. *This girl is one of those attractive girls who has self esteem issues- which can be nice way of getting a girl you thought was out of your league with the help of the "low-self-esteem-discount-at-checkout". *After two drinks, it's going to be really hard for me to abstain. *I actually need advice dealing with this. *I need to figure out a way to tell her that I don't want to have sex with her until I get to know her better. *It might be tough, especially considering how attracted I am to her. *I'm definitely gonna make a trip to the pharmacy before the date. *But anyway that's my situation.

If you want to tell me about what happened when you got stood up, I'll be happy to listen. *Again, what a f'ing b!itch.

Tell her you have a dose of VD. She should understand both the gravity of the situation as well as its temporary nature. And she might not be as judgemental as other girls, from the sound of it.

Or you could wear my old t-shirt that says "Why don't you people just leave me alone?"

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Well, I am terrified of getting any kind of VD (some of which are not temporary).

I know, really it's the stigma that is the worst part (I think), but I don't want to crud myself up and mess up my future. Still, I think my caution while keeping me healthy, has caused me to miss out on alot of experiences I would have enjoyed the hell out of.

And some of the things I'm most terrified of are not always prevented by prophylactics. I'm actually thinking maybe I shouldn't even KISS her, but maybe I'm getting paranoid. I don't know, she is really young (22), and she's sweet. I guess I'll just have to be up front with her and tell her that I want to get to know her first, and with time everything will work itself out.

Hey Radisri, I was thinking more about your situation. I think getting stood up is probably the worst feeling in the world. Like I said, I drove 250 miles to get stood up. Did she call you and give you an excuse or did she just leave you hanging?

I think that getting dumped is worse than getting stood up. Being stood up is just an inconvenience, although a rude one. Being dumped is personal.

indie- If there's one thing I've learned about people through hard experience, it's that you can't change them. Even if you just want to date casually, this girl will never be right for you if you have doubts about her already. You'll always have those doubts, even down the road, unless you are that different from me. And oftentimes those doubts are justified.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I think that getting dumped is worse than getting stood up. Being stood up is just an inconvenience, although a rude one. Being dumped is personal.

indie- If there's one thing I've learned about people through hard experience, it's that you can't change them. Even if you just want to date casually, this girl will never be right for you if you have doubts about her already. You'll always have those doubts, even down the road, unless you are that different from me. And oftentimes those doubts are justified.

That's true (both points you made).

On the point of changing people... well, I agree but since I am a bit older than this girl and she does seem impressionable, maybe I'm being optimistic but I'd like to think I can leave her in better condition than I found her in. I would, at some point down the road (obviously not the first date) like to sit her down and give her a friendly pep talk. She really has alot going for her, and it bugs me that she seems to think so little of herself. Granted, I don't see her being the mother of my children, but then again who knows? I would like to get inside her head a little bit and see if I can't give her a little positive tweaking. From what I hear, she really likes me (She broke up with her boyfriends, yes BOTH of them, when she heard that I had a crush on her.)

But aside from all the "helpful boyscout" stuff I've been spouting, she does have an amazing backside.

Talking about her preferences in frags, even just playfully, is a delightfully devious way to do some subtle freudian analysis. I learned things about my girlfriend's attitudes towards sex, her parents, partners, etc by asking the right questions. Or do a pseudo-inkblot test by asking what things a certain frag evokes. It's also a fun icebreaker.

Wow, there's no way I just said that smelling frags would be fun on a first date. Jesus I need to get out more.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

Well her reason for not comming was a little bit understandale. She told me her wrist was hurting her. She had injured it at work a few days before. It was hard the first day I saw her at work. She did speak to me, My problem is I'm still attracted to her and want so bad to get her on my side. It really didn't help that she's quite younger than me. About 7-8 years. Iv'e been contemplating the "I've got a secert" bit. Got her all worked up today at work. Kept on walking through my department wanting to know the secret. Though I haven't told her the "secret" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    From what I hear, she really likes me (She broke up with her boyfriends, yes BOTH of them, when she heard that I had a crush on her.)

But aside from all the "helpful boyscout" stuff I've been spouting, she does have an amazing backside.

If she really likes you, then I'm sure she would be willing to wait before jumping in the sack. In fact, I bet if you play a little hard-to-get, she'll want you even more. She'll appreciate your first time together more after waiting for so long. The same holds true for you. When you finally get a piece of that "backside", you'll realize that it was worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=Indie_Guy link=1144652663/15#22 date=1144880345]
    From what I hear, she really likes me (She broke up with her boyfriends, yes BOTH of them, when she heard that I had a crush on her.)

If she really likes you, then I'm sure she would be willing to wait before jumping in the sack. In fact, I bet if you play a little hard-to-get, she'll want you even more. She'll appreciate your first time together more after waiting for so long. The same holds true for you. When you finally get a piece of that "backside", you'll realize that it was worth the wait.

[/quote]

Well, I went out with this girl tonight and I honestly feel like I blew it. The problem was that she had a friend who was with her tonight and I didn't get much of a chance to kiss her. There were a few minutes alone on the rooftop, looking over the city at night, and I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm pretty sure this girl was into me, but I just wasn't assertive. Come tomorrow, she may love me to death, who knows, but the cynical side of me says that she thinks I'm too passive. I am going to ask her out again, this time just the two of us. Enough about me.

Oh, BTW I wore Paul Smith London. It's got a nice alpha-male feel about it yet its nothing like the AdG crowd.

Well Radisri, I read what you said... I don't know what to say. I hate to say it but a hurt wrist sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse to cancel a date, but then again, weird stuff happens. If you really like this girl, go on and try to set up another date. If it falls through again, then write the girl off. It's tough when you work together. Maybe you should just be up front with her and then read her reaction. Good luck.

Why not Happy or Diesel Green?
    Nothing's going to happen from the lunch (well, I'd never be able to pull it off) so may as well treat it as a put her at ease/I'm safe/ I'm fun to be with exercise, before going for the serious stuff next date.
    Renato

Go easy with the trigger finger with... Pasha.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    Indie--it's not about changing her. It's about waiting for her to grow up a bit. Sometimes girls in their early twenties (and even at later ages) make mistakes. It takes some of us a while to get over being insecure about ourselves. Just because she's slept around (which, let me point out, you only "know" from HEARSAY), doesn't mean she is a bad person or deserves to be called a "slut." It sounds like a lot of girls I knew when I was in my early twenties: they lack self-esteem, get drunk and end up sleeping around. Were they bad people? Not at all--just a bit misguided. Those are some rough years for most girls. And STDs can happen to anyone. My best friend and I used to joke that we were extremely lucky to have made it through college and our early twenties without getting an STD. Well, she ended up getting chlamydia several months ago from her longtime boyfriend. She pretty much thought her days of worrying about such things were over, but she forgot to take into account her boyfriend might cheat on her. Another one of my very close friends got HPV from the very FIRST girl he ever slept with. My point is, you should be worried about STDs whether the girl you're about to sleep with has had 2 or 200 partners (and don't forget, condoms don't protect against HPV and herpes). Anyway, I still think she is too young for you.

And radisri, the wrist thing? No way. Sorry, but that is a terrible excuse. And don't do any "I've got a secret" bit. If you're resorting to "bits" then she's not the girl for you. Pretending you have a secret of some sort would just be annoying, not intriguing.

Let us know if you end up getting a second date (either one of you)!

Well guys Iv'e been thinking of a different aproach. There is a local singles service thing. I signed up for it today.

gooderin: That "Iv'e got a secret" was advice from some relationship advice group. I thought about trying it. But it seems as the more I read on that site the gave more ill advise than anything. But before I go any further I do need to talk to her though for my sanity and any further relationships I will have. I'll regret not ever telling her.

Quote Originally Posted by gooderin
    Let us know if you end up getting a second date (either one of you)!

Yep! This coming Friday.

It's been kind of intriguing because from what I've been able to put together, this is a mutual crush to the extent where we are both kind of terrified of each other! We both freeze up on the phone, so luckily text messages are a good option. I do kind of agree that she might be a little young, but at the same time it's worth a shot. Her friend told me that she liked the fact that I didn't try to get physical on the first date because most guys do that and she hates it (though I think she has a hard time saying no).

I'm thinking of what to wear. Maybe Himalaya.

Hey Radisri, that's really cool getting on the Personals site. Believe it or not, that's something I always wanted to try, but never had the guts. I do look on those places sometimes just to see what kind of girls are out there. Sometimes I see a girl and think, "Wow, I'm in love with her". I've seen girls I know on there sometimes and it makes me laugh. Which personals are you on, if you don't mind telling? And what city? Maybe I can help you pick out some winners!

Inde_Guy I'm on eHarmony. Looking in Tulsa Oklahoma area. I subscribed today. Not sure any of those on there are subscribers though. Though I would give it a shot. Iv'e got a profile several others like Match.com, Yahoo!, American Singles. Recieved a call from "singlesstaion" guess I'm too poor for them. Good luck on your date!

Quote Originally Posted by radisri
    Inde_Guy I'm on eHarmony. *Looking in Tulsa Oklahoma area. I subscribed today. * Not sure any of those on there are subscribers though. *Though I would give it a shot. * Iv'e got a profile several others like Match.com, Yahoo!, American Singles. *Recieved a call from "singlesstaion" guess I'm too poor for them. Good luck on your date!

Thanks and good luck to you too!

I've heard good things about e-harmony. I usually scope the girls on Yahoo personals in St. Louis.

Destiny is a weird thing. In the past I've had real commitment issues because I always felt that there should be some "fate" about finding "the one". The randomness that leads to meeting someone always bothered me. I think about the chain of events. Then one day, as cheesy as it sounds to have your perspective changed by a song... I REALLY paid attention to the lyrics of "Something Changed" by Pulp. Go listen to that song, it may give you a new perspective of hope and it may put you at ease. One of the best songs ever written about fate.

Another vote for Bvlgari PH. Subtle enough to be discreet yet has a nice warm scent that will be noticeable up close.
    I tend to make first dates all about her enjoyment, as few expectations for myself as possible. Its usually a great time.

On my latest "first date" i wore Chanel's Egoiste: I was the main course!

Opened a new topic about online matching/dating services.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...1145509883/0#0