Code of Conduct

Default Can sweat make the scent shout?

On the message board (Thai language) someone said he wore Fahrenheit at the gym and once he started to sweat the aroma flew and someone turned up asking what fragrance he was wearing. *I understand that some fragrances show less quality when mixed with sweat while some do better. *Do you have such experience regarding this issue? *Which one do you wear normally and never get the compliment but strangely, get one or two at the gym?

I normally wear Le Male at the gym and got plenty of compliments from girls and some times from men. *
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Can sweat make the scent shout?

wow, Le Male at the gym? you are a bold fellow! In answer to your question: yes, sweating, or raising your body temp in general, will pump up your scent.

Why wearing Le Male at the gym is considered being "bold"? Please explain, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

LOL... I have to agree with Joel_Cairo on this one... I know for a fact that when someone sweats the scent they wear will instantly intensify in strength... I guess that it just starts to evaporate quicker and is released into the air around you faster and in a more potent way...

Happens just about every time
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Yes of course it does.
    It is a combination of water and heat. When I get in the shower, and the area i had perfume gets wet, I can smell my perfume again. And of course if I sweat the same thing happens.
    Generally water and heat make a scent "wake up" again. Or when I get into the sea I can sometimes smell my shampoo if my hair gest wet and so on...

Le male is very cloying...

Scents that really perk up with sweat include all Kouros scents, Rive Gauche, Fahrenheit and Acqua Di Gio.

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Why wearing Le Male at the gym is considered being "bold"? *Please explain, lol.
    Because, at least to my nose, it is a strong and heavy smell. When Im at the gym, I prefer something light and fresh. Just my opinion though, wear what you like!

i love wearing Kouros to the gym. It just works so well!

Speaking of guys and scents at the gym... one of my faves is Versace Dreamer... I ran for about an hour once beside a guy on a treadmill who was wearing it... only got off the machine once he was done... it was like being intoxicated and hypnotized and bolted to the spot... only running LOL ... I should probably also mention that I DO NOT RUN at the gym... I always just prefer weights and eliptical trainer....
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    Why wearing Le Male at the gym is considered being "bold"? Please explain, lol.
    Le Male is very strong and projects well under all circumstances. If you are wearing it at the gym, the sillage of it would be parallel to that of a nuclear warhead ;D
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

I think theat LeMale would be too sweet and cloying in the intense heat. I've actually loved my Dior Homme. It is not cloying at all. It is just pure bliss after I wear it all day. Sweating out a fragrance just makes it come alive again, like a jolt of life for a little while. I'm wearing Code to the gym in a little bit. I'll see how this one goes. I think that the nice sweet powder will come out and be quite soothing in my time of strain and vigorous lifting...

EnvYuS

Deep and rich Chypre scents with castoreum base have especially a tendency to "come alive" by the heat. I love that effect especially in Antaeus and Yatagan. Wouldn`t want to wear them in gym, though.

yes it can! and of course we know what happens: on some people they get better and on some it turns rancid or nasty.
    the responses are as wide as there are people and frags out there...
    i prefer to use a light cirtrus for the gym. i totally detest someone reeking of anything i can smell from the other side of the gym. but i won't cry over it.

The sweat may reactivate a fragrance, but I think it is more likely the increase in body heat due to exercise would cause a scent to project more. It happened to me with Antaeus, and I applied it in the morning, but went to the gym at night. The frankinsense really came out.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Platinum Egoiste becomes really HOT when my body temprature rises with my taking sports.

Your thread reminds me of why I dislike Fahrenheit. This used to be my favourite scent until I smelled a sweaty guy wearing it - I think he sprayed them on his armpit, Fahrenheit + sweaty armpit is a NO NO!

come on now, lifting in the gym and wearing cologne. Two things i hate at the gym...someone wearing friggen cologne or someone screaming with there twenty pound dumbells. The gym is a place for lifting, not swafting.......I love this site and fragrances are my forte, but thank god none of you guys go to my gym. I don't think i would enjoy fragrances anymore....... don't mean to be a dick, just had to express the views of a basenoter.