Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default decanting splash bottles

hey guys-
    so a question for all of you who decant. When you are faced with a big old pour spout, and a teeny tiny little 5 ml vial, how do you do it? I figure you use a funnel, but I can't seem to find any small enough. All funnels on amazon and bizrate etc. are either for plumbers (waaaay too big) or kitchen use (Still to big). Furthermore, since I'm looking for a $.99 item, I don't wanna pay $5+ in shipping. So my question: are there any well-known, easil accessible chain stores that sell itty bitty funnels?
    thanks.

Default Re: decanting splash bottles

Why not use syringe? just curious...

Post Thanks / Like

Use a syringe

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Perfectscent beat me to the punch!

ha, ha, same answer Octothorpe!

Post Thanks / Like

The easiest thing to use is a pipette....i can send you a few.

you can get plastic funnels at bed bath & beyond or linens and things in the kitchen dept. they are usually near the front of the store hanging up on the peg board wall. They usually come 2 to a package. Also you can metal funnels at any grocery store or crafts store in the baking aisle. Where the cake decorations are. icing tips are great funnels since they are metal with all different size openings and are the easiest to clean.

Hope this helps and have fun decanting

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, it's strange, i went to Sephora one day, and they sell those silver empty decant spray atomizers that come with a neat black laced bag and surprisingly a funnel was included in the bag as well, it was designed to decant the 5ml and 10ml bottles. I was surprised that Sephora was equipped with these things, so go check it out, unless you dont live near a Sephora.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Why are these called splash bottles?? Would anyone dare to try to "splash" on any of the exepsive juice that comes packaged this way? ;D

There is no Nose....

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are the best!! In order now...

perfectscent/Octothorpe-Thanks for the tip. You know what they say about great minds! I'd never thought of that, probably because I have little laboratory/medical/intravenous-drug-use experience. This is a great idea though, I'll have to look into getting some syringes.
    Buffalo_Gal- Thanks for your expertise and thorough knowledge of home goods retail layout plans! With your advice, i should be able to solve my situation with less than 90 seconds spent in the store! I'm intrigued by these pipettes though, I'll PM you...
    HackerX- Thanks for the heads up, I do indeed have a sephora closeby, Ill have to investigate. sounds a bit swanky though. Im really hoping to spend less than a dollar.
    OlfaOmega- thanks for the thought-provoking melon-scratcher. I have not a clue. I guess its a hold-over from the old 4711 days, when you actually had to shower in the stuff (?)

And thanks to the Mods for not moving this thread to the Shopping Guide impound lot of towed threads which languish unread and unloved. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    You know, it's strange, i went to Sephora one day, and they sell those silver empty decant spray atomizers that come with a neat black laced bag and surprisingly a funnel was included in the bag as well, it was designed to decant the 5ml and 10ml bottles. I was surprised that Sephora was equipped with these things, so go check it out, unless you dont live near a Sephora.
    I've seen those exact ones at The Body Shop for $10 Canadian. Rather steep, but the vials are actually pretty nice.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

[blue]Here you go:

http://www.pilotvials.com/Accessories.html

scentemental[/blue]