Code of Conduct

Thread: My new samples

Default My new samples

Hi all
    Just got some new samples to try,any thoughts on these

Azzoro - Chrome
    Iceberg - Twice homme
    Alexander Julian - Colours (This was was dirt cheap 3x 7.5ml for 2 ) thought it as worth a try
    Versace - The dreamer
    Guerlain - Coriolan

Default Re: My new samples

I can't comment on the Alexander Julian or the Coriolan, but the other 3 are excellent frags.

since you just got the samples, give us your thoughts.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just sampled the Iceberg twice homme not bowled over with the top notes, it starts off with yuzo (not as good as leau par kenzo pour homme) but citrus hangs around for a couple of hours *leaving a very mild dry down maybe this one will get better as the weather improves.Right now I would give this this a three for the smell but only a two for longevity.

ps. having to add an extra point to the longevity of this one (confusing longevity with sillage)
    although their is very little sillage the dry down does smell quite nice,it reminds me of one of the other frags in my wardrobe just lighterif Ican figure out which one i will add to this post.

Nice ranges of samples! Out of that list I am most impressed with Dreamer and Coriolan. The drydown in Dreamer and the beginnings of Coriolan, respectively, are very, very nice! Please do tell us about your own impressions.

Jeff

Just trying the dreamer,this I like which I find surprising because reviews here say that it had a flowery top note which it does but never overpowering (I`ve so far tried to avoid flowery frags because of inexperience and i have to say ignorance,maybe a new avenue to explore).The base notes on me are a bit muted if I`m just sitting around but really come off the skin when moving around ,cannot really say much about the base notes except that I detect a faint hint of fir mixed in with the other notes.Just need to find somewhere that sells it discount.

Quote Originally Posted by womble
    Just trying the dreamer,this I like which I find surprising because reviews here say that it had a flowery top note which it does but never overpowering *(I`ve so far tried to avoid flowery frags because of inexperience and i have to say ignorance,maybe a new avenue to explore).The base notes on me are a bit muted if I`m just sitting around but really come off the skin when moving around ,cannot really say much about the base notes except that I detect a faint hint of fir mixed in with the other notes.Just need to find somewhere that sells it discount.
    great frag, as luxourious as they come. I know Lightninrod recently became a big time convert. here's a steal:
    http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...48W0G116WUD8VB