Code of Conduct

Default Hot / Humid weather - Recommendation needed

Weather has been extremely hot and humid of late. Its around 106 F here in India and my Vetiver and Gucci Envy are not able to last long. Humidity and sweat is making it impossible. Can anybody suggest a strong parfum?

Thanks

Default Re: Hot / Humid weather - Recommendation needed

Summer question. Anywayz I'm thinking GEIR and maybe LIVE JAZZ. Check the past threads and I'm sure you will find what you're lookn for. Welcome

Read some of the recent threads. Your question pops up over and over again.

Try Chrome, L'Instant, Brit and Very Irresistable

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I second both Chrome and Geir. Geir is an EDP so it should technically last longer than a EDT. I would go for that one. It is so amazing!! Other suggestions would be Cool Water and Live Jazz.

Try them out and see if you like them.

Bruce^

Gendarme is very fresh & long lasting.
    It stood up to Brisbane's humid summer very nicely.
    You should also consider the Gendarme 20 which is an Eau de Parfum - it also adds a lavender note.

Post Thanks / Like

Fragrances with an oil base are the only things that last all day in my tropical environment.
    Even the most tenacious alcohol based scents last only 4 hours if I am lucky....6 hours is a miracle.
    The only "fix" that I know is to find some oils that you like or reapply the alcohol based ones as they fade.

"Ca sent les pieds!"

You're talking about high humidity, the only scent I think would withstand the heat, last long enough and maintain it's freshness would be Issey Miyake PH, The end note is an intense woody tobacco amber-and-sandalwood scent, providing this eau de toilette with an invigorating, deep-rooted, crisp sensation.

Gendarme imo doesn't last that long (it is super fresh though) dn't know about Gendarme 20.

Rashkae, do you really think Brit is good for summer at all?

Hi Raj,
    -
    I'm from India myself. Perfumes that are good for me in the hot weather - Paco Rabanne XS, Paco Rabanne, Drakkar Noir, Swiss Army, 1881 Summer Edition, (heck, I even used Gucci PH yesterday and it smelled damn nice in the evening, but since perfumes are different on different people, you'd have to test it and see for yourself!).

[blue]Live Jazz
    Aquaman
    Loewe Pour Homme
    Eau de Cartier
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme
    Hadrien Absolu
    L'Ombre dans L'Eau
    Mare (Creative Universe)
    Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia
    CdG Peppermint
    Terre d’Hermes
    Keiko Mecheri Musc EDP
    Lacoste Booster
    Signoricci
    Thierry Mugler Cologne
    Oscar for Men[/blue]

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    You're talking about high humidity, the only scent I think would withstand the heat, last long enough and maintain it's freshness would be Issey Miyake PH, The end note is an intense woody tobacco amber-and-sandalwood scent, providing this eau de toilette with an invigorating, deep-rooted, crisp sensation.

Gendarme imo doesn't last that long (it is super fresh though) dn't know about Gendarme 20.

I live in Singapore, and before then lived in the Philippines... So I stress-test all my colognes in high heat and humidity.

The Issey Miyake PH is a 50/50 proposition... On some people it's good, on others it just turns baaaaaad in the humidity.

Brit works wonders in the heat. It lasts all day and has a clean, powdery sillage, which is a good thing in the tropics.

106 o F?! Ugh!

Bulgari Pour Homme (I wore it while hiking and it lasted)
    Tabac Original
    L'Eau de Issey Miyake Pour Homme
    Lacoste Booster
    Gendarme V

Looks like a case for YSL Pour Homme, possibly even the Haute Concentrate version.

I totally agree with using the oils, they should last. You might also consider applying to some fabric body if the sweat is washing off the fragrance.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

edit, redundant rec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent

in reference to Gendarme's lasting power, please check out scentemantal's characteristically lucid review in the directory: "*Gendarme* is one of those fragrance for which “olfactory habituation” happens very quickly... [which is] why wearers of Gendarme fragrances frequently claim that they can't smell the fragrance a few minutes after application but are regularly told by others hours later that they smell “nice and clean”."

and, on your other note, I am one of those who finds Brit to work well in summer, despite its sweet oriental nature. I find the powder note helps to "dry out" orientals that would otherwise be cloying (Dior Homme and L'Instant, for example) and Brit's bright, effervescent opening makes me feel very fresh in the heat. 106 F is SOME SERIOUS heat though... I doubt if I'd wear anything but Live Jazz in that, but thats just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    106 F is SOME SERIOUS heat though... I doubt if I'd wear anything but Live Jazz in that, but thats just me...
    We normall have 90-108 here on a daily basis... High humidity too. Live Jazz works well, as does L'Instant, Brit, etc.

When it's hot and humid, I try to stay away from the sweet, cloying fragrances and instead stick with the ones which have that extra dry, sharp citrus notes in them -- like Eau d'Hadrien. Two other excellent choices are Eau Sauvage, and Monsieur de Givenchy.

Just bought Open - by Roger and Gallet a couple days ago. Its one awesome fragrance, the heat is well into the 40C's now, and the fragrance lasts a long long time. I totally recommend it. Its not a 'fresh' sort of fragrance though, think more in terms of Pierre Cardin PM, or Givenchy Gentleman, and you'll be close to it.

Dior's Eau Savage would be my suggestion. I've worn it in the Chicago heatwaves & lived through the 100's in Atlanta wearing it. I've worn it in the blistering hot desert of Las Vegas & the smoggy dense aura of L.A. It really stands up to the humidity without being cloying or heavy. It's just fresh, let me put it that way. It leaves you with that brisk, lemon freshness. Not only that, it comes in a portable sized spray bottle so you can throw it into your bag or briefcase & refresh yourself during the day.

If I were traveling to India or to Vietnam, I would definitely take Eau Savage with me.

My second choice would be Creed's Himalaya. It's one of the least complicated and yet one of the most elegant scents you could wear in unbearable heat. But maybe I'm partial to Himalaya because my boyfriend wears it. (He actually sampled Himalaya because he was looking for an alternative to the already Gendarme-defined Los Angeles metropolitan area.) LOL [smiley=wink.gif]