Code of Conduct

Default Creed GIT question?

I found a perfume shop in Laredo, Tx. and they were selling GIT 4 oz, at 80 dlls, but earlier i was in the mall and visited a store named "Joe Brand" and they sell the Creed Line, GIT was 180 dlls.
    I think its to much difference in the prices, ¿is the 80 dlls. scent a Fake?

Default Re: Creed GIT question?

The best thing to do is test the juice your self, and of course examin the box and bottle. If it is a fake you should report.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Laredo?! I'm from Texas and I never thought GIT would be sold there. Don't buy it. Buy GIT on ebay or from one of the quality online discount perfumers.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

You can sometimes find a 4 oz bottle of GIT at Scentiments for $80.
    Peace ~ Markymark

$85.00 and under is a steal for this fragrance

If the discounted bottle seems to be handled well (i.e. its in a store and not sold from a folding table on Canal St.) then you should be OK. Don't worry about fakes if the packaging looks correct.

Be sure to smell it before buying, no excuses and be prepared to walk away if they won't let you spray it. That just seems fishy. It would probably be good to smell the expensive bottle first too. Just try not to psych yourself into thinking they are different because of the price. Chances are 99% good that both bottles are fine and perfectly identical.

I'm waiting for the tester at Scentiments for $50 to get back in stock!!!!!!!1

Thanks, im going to try the 80 $ bottle...

I purchased a bottle of Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperal via Amazon.com. One of the bottles' packaging had a date of 2004 and other's packaging had a date of 2005.

I am new to this game, so I was wondering whether people would return a bottle that was 2 years old?

Howdy steelman,

As others have pointed out. Compare the juice. I recently bid on a 4 oz bottle of git on e-bay.
    I won the bid for 64$. When I recieved the bottle it looked authentic as I had purchased a previous bottle from Neiman Marcus. I was curios though that there was no date stamped in the little box on the back of the box. I took the bottle out and everything looked ok except the little slip they put in there describing the creed legacy was all in arabic. Well I have no problem with that as long as the juice is all right. It wasn't. It was very weak and quite off. I had to get my nose right down to my skin to smell it and then it smelled awful. The seller has agreed to take it back at cost minus shipping but we are still in the process of finalizing the deal.
    If it looks too good to be true it just might be. I figure the oils had seperated due toexposure to heat or it was a knockoff. I even did an arm to arm comparison, on one side the juice from Neiman marcus Juice the other the stuff I got off e-bay. It wasn't even close.

good luck dude but be cautious
    when layin out that much cash

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

I wrote a thread a whlie back about how to possibly spot a fake Creed. Shining ultraviolet light on that fuzzy name patch thing should reveal some tiny, glowing threads, mostly glowing a light greenish color, and perhaps a few red ones as well (there's only one red fleck on my box of Acier Aluminum). These threads are similar to what you would see if you shine UV light on checks, but they're shorter. You can get a UV LED keychain light for under $10 if you look around. It's better than lugging a compact flourescent tube around with you, and they're actually quite handy.

Also, don't worry about the bottle being two years old. Even good 'ol Ollie Creed himself said that a couple-year-old bottles are best because all of the aroma components have had time to mingle (of course, he could also be trying to push old stock...).