Code of Conduct

Default Question for B'noters from Poland (on 70s cologne)

Ladies and gents,

A fellow scentaholic at Russian fragrance forums asked a question about 1970s cologne from Poland named "Vars" or "Wars" or ??? something like that. That cologne was imported to USSR, and the father of a person who asked that question liked that stuff a lot back then. It isn't available anymore (at least in Russia).
    There are certain facts proving that about 1988 it was still on Soviet ...(ahem) market.

Fragrance wisdom from Poland or any other help needed on what that cologne smelled like or what scent group it belonged to, to look for a gift for his/her father (out of now available stuff).

Thanks in advance.
    Rehgards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

Default Re: Question for B'noters from Poland (on 70s colo

I think, some answers not from Poland are welcome too :-). It was "Wars", made by Uroda (Pollena Uroda), a firm in Warsaw which was famous too for a very popular perfume for ladies "Byc Moze" ("Perhaps&quot. As I know, "Wars" is still available in Poland as "Wars Classic" (at least, it was available few years ago) and the line had an after-shave splash, a deo and a shaving cream. I have no information about eau de cologne/toilette. There is "Wars Fresh" too. "Wars" from the 1970s was a fresh/citrusy and sharp cologne.

I forgot something: I know no one fragrance like "Wars". If I had to chose some alternative as a gift, I would buy "Jazz Prestige", but "Jazz Prestige" is no more in production. Then simply "Jazz" :-).

Zhelayu uspekha,

Iggy

Iggy, of course speaking of 70s times, all answers from anywhere in the world are welcome,
    thanks A LOT for the info.

What's good about Basenotes, you can find any scented info required here.
    Thanks God (and, in his turn, of course thanks Grant) for what a living encyclopedia of knowledge and info we are.

Dziekuje bardzo,

Regards, Odor.

I can email my cousin to try and find this for you if you'd like? pm me

You sure it is not Myth? ;D

Remember Myth?

As I remember I was wearing something like Varsity (Versity?) from Poland too in my students years

I stink those times with carbon-copy as I do now and ever?
    Vetiver The Great!!!

After shave splash: http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...=clnk&cd=1

Regards,

Iggy

And t h i s looks like a must-have for Uncle Griff...

http://www.hipernet24.pl/prodinfo.ph...=&char_id=
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Thanks all for opinions, replies and links.

I wasn't actually asking for myself, I just needed info to pass to that person. Without any doubt, "Basenotes LIVE Knowledge Database" is in fact THE ONLY place on the net, where one can find info like what's been asked.

Regards, Odor.

Default WARS cologne/aftershave Poland (on 70s cologne)

Just found this thread. In my college years in Russia I used to used WARS cologne and aftershave, quite loved this scent, very unique. And did not find anything similar to it.
    Would be interested to buy one or find out something similar. May be now anybody know anything about availability?
    I tried one of the site which sell WARS aftershave, but they do not ship from Poland to US :-(