Code of Conduct

Thread: Sillage

Default Sillage

Well i just found out i had a $50 coupon for one of my clothing stores and the happened to sell unforgivable so i got that for my summer cologne, im still going to try geir/aqua and buying some decants of that.

My question is what do you guys do to increase sillage/ how long the cologne lasts, because i heard Unforgivable had a horrible lasting time. I know i can carry an atomizer around but thats prolly the last resort. My thoughts atm are to spray some on my clothes im currently wearin, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Sillage

i think some people spray a little piece of cardboard and keep it in their pocket, personally this seems a bit extraneous

sometimes an extra spray on the wrist helps

Sillage and lasting power is not the same. A fragrance can only last as long as it stays on your skin. If it dies out then you will not be able to do much about that. Everyone has a different skin chemistry so you should try it before worrying about what you might need to do if it doesn't last.

I don't think there are proven ways to improve longevity or sillage. If you had a roll-on with you do dab on after the days end then it would help I am sure. I don't have any other suggestions...

EnvYuS

And what about an extra spray on your hair? Fragrances (EDT and EDP, with exception of real extracts) are not for skin only, they can be used on hair etc. too. It works for me and for my friends too.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Sillage and lasting power is not the same.
    True. A perfect example of this, I found, is Terre D'Hermes. It has NO sillage at all on me ... yet I can still smell it 8 hours later. Even if just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=EnvYuS link=1145306174/0#2 date=1145306740]Sillage and lasting power is not the same.
    True. A perfect example of this, I found, is Terre D'Hermes. It has NO sillage at all on me ... yet I can still smell it 8 hours later. Even if just barely.
    [/quote]

Hm, if that's the case, is there any way to detect your sillage by yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    [quote author=ziffy321 link=1145306174/0#4 date=1145316606][quote author=EnvYuS link=1145306174/0#2 date=1145306740]Sillage and lasting power is not the same.
    True. *A perfect example of this, I found, is Terre D'Hermes. *It has NO sillage at all on me ... yet I can still smell it 8 hours later. *Even if just barely.
    [/quote]

Hm, if that's the case, is there any way to detect your sillage by yourself?[/quote]

I'm going by the "wrist" test. I don't have a full size bottle of TdH, but I can tell with any fragrance if it has sillage by dousing my wrist with the sample vial and waving it under my nose after it's dried down. TdH gave off no sillage at all after the drydown, but I was able to detect it still 8 hours later if I sniffed my wrist.

This test hasn't failed my yet and it always helps me decide whether or not to purchase a particular frag.

I guess the question should be is there anything i can do to increase sillage.

I guess the question should be is there anything i can do to increase sillage.

If i were you I'd test Unforgivable to see how long it lasts on you because on me it's last around 8 hours, per rule of this forum always listen to opinions but let your own nose make the final decision...Gio