Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Versace Versus - what's in it?

I bought Versus cheap the other day. Sprayed it on, thought it was okay, but a bit weak. It did develop a bit more later though. So I've been spraying 8 squirts of it the last two days, and I quite like it at this strength. I had no idea what's in it, so I checked Perfume World which said it was a tobacco scent. Specifically,
    Olfactive family:Tobacco
    Olfactive description:Fresh Citrus Floral Spicy Sweet Tobbaco Powdery

I shrugged - I must have missed the tobbaco somewhere.

I then checked OsMoz which lists
    Top note : Petitgrain, Lavender, Peach, Bergamot
    Middle note : Rosewood, Carnation, Coriander, Orris
    Base note : Sandal, Vanilla, Amber, Musk

and not a hint of tobacco in this description.

Are these two descriptions really about the same scent?
    Do you have any thoughts on Versus?
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Versace Versus - what's in it?

Oh my god, I last time I wore Versus(blue bottle correct?) was back in 1992, I was a Senior at a High School in Singapore. I used to love the scent but I wasn't as informed as I am today regarding top/mid/base notes of a fragrance. All I know that the girls love it! It's fresh, a little playful, and if I remember correctly, it has a hint of syntheticity(such word?) in it. But never the less, I liked it!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Loved it so much when I was a teenager in early 90's! *8-)
    Tobacco? I'd say nope! I remember it was fresh but with a playful mysterious aura, with fresh touches sorrunded by a fruity leathery accord (mango and leather if I remember well...). Oh, Renato, where did ya find it actually? I'd like so much to have the chance to smell it again after all this time... :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Loved it so much when I was a teenager in early 90's! *8-)
    Tobacco? I'd say nope! I remember it was fresh but with a playful mysterious aura, with fresh touches sorrunded by a fruity leathery accord (mango and leather if I remember well...). Oh, Renato, where did ya find it actually? I'd like so much to have the chance to smell it again after all this time... :
    It's always been around in some shops here. When the price dropped to A$40 (about 24 Euro) for the 100ml bottle I picked up.
    Do you mean to tell me they don't actually sell this in Italy any more?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=Magnifiscent link=1145280333/0#2 date=1145287653]Loved it so much when I was a teenager in early 90's! *8-)
    It's always been around in some shops here. When the price dropped to A$40 *(about 24 Euro) for the 100ml bottle I picked up.
    Do you mean to tell me they don't actually sell this in Italy any more?
    Renato[/quote]
    Yup Renato, I mean exactly they don't sell it anymore in Italy!

I'm pretty sure Versus is discontinued. I really like it, even if I can't detect any tobacco notes. I get zesty grapefruit and papaya over a soft musky/oriental base. I think it's fun with a mysterious twist and was my preferred clubbing scent back in the early 90's.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been discontinued. Versus was or is the label for the second line of Versace Couture. Kind of like Emporio Armani or Studio Ferre. I think the Versus fragrance was so appropriate in representing the Versus line of clothings.

Yup, it was my clubbing fragrance back in the early 90's! Girls just love it back then! Versus, Eternity, Obsession were THE clubbing fragrance back in the days!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47