Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What's your best buy?

Well to this day it is One Man Show for $8.00 in the New York Frag district..closing in on that was $40.00 for a bottle of Prada.............

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

This will sound dumb, but any sample is a "best buy" because I usually buy blind and those allow me to eliminate a lot of bad choices.

Anyhow... $7 for 1.7 oz Shalimar EDT
    $7 for 1.3 oz Guerlain Vetiver
    $7 for 1.7 oz XS
    $7 (sounds like my lucky number) for 0.5 oz each of Lagerfeld Photo, Classic, Cerruti Image & 1914 (or whatever that number is)

BUT... Anything I wear regularly is comparatively a bargain. Anything I don't is not, even if I got it for cheap.

So, though this won't sound like a bargain for most people, but I got 4 oz Bois du Portugal for $70. I also have knock off Silver Mountain Water oil for $10, and it is a dead ringer for the stuff. The other oils I have are not quite up to snuff.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

How about Tuscany Per Uomo 1.7 Spray at Target for $6.87 on Friday night? They had it on clearance.

Current faves: Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, MFK Masculin Pluriel, Dior Homme Eau, TDH Parfum
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

I RECEIVED YESTERDAY A 4.1OZ OF TM COLONGE FROM EBAY FOR $31.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING!

I am not kidding: I bought Rochas Globe for 5euros, and it was 100ml bottle!!!

I like the scent very much: Kind of sticky, thick musky scent, with full-bodied leather notes, and also some exotic flowers and herbs with that distant smoke aroma...I love it!
    I would also call Globe a gourmand scent, but of course not in the sweet-candy style.
    It is more like some vege-dish with a pinch of mustard :-*

The best bargain I ever got was a giant (8 oz) bottle of TM Cologne on eBay for around $25.

I guess my best bargains (outside of Ebay and the Sell/Swap Board) are the times I've come across those Caswell-Massey sales where they discontinue stuff. *
    Just a few months ago they had a bunch of frags for $8.75 each (for 3oz bottles). *They had Vetiver, English Lavender... a couple others. *Snapped up Lord Ashley Cooper, which I quite like. *
    Also when they discontinued Original Greenbriar and Persian Leather, I got a bottle of each for half-price, $13.50 I think it was...
    I circle and wait for them to discontinue Tricorn. *Come on Caswell-Massey, you know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    120ml bottle of Monsieur Carven for $15
    A few hours ago I was the winner of an eBay auction with 100ml Monsieur Carven After Shave AND 100ml Monsieur Carven Eau de Toilette for $6.00

I find Monsieur Carven even better than Carven Homme .... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

A 50ml bottle of Penhaligon`s Opus 1870 for 10

I once got an 8oz bottle of TM Cologne on eBay for about $25.

**edit** Damnit! Stop resurrecting old threads that I've already posted in!!! I look like a dork when I don't check and post again...LOL.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I'm lucky in that one of my favorite fragrances, Grey Flannel, can be had very inexpensively on the internet. I think I've found a 3 oz bottle for like ten dollars once. I bought a 1.7 oz ck be for fifteen dollars or so.

There was a deal on the sales/swap board of Givenchy Gentleman, Gucci PH, Cartier Santos, Dior Homme all 100ml sizes NIB for about $55 shipped. Included Boucheron Jaipur PH as a bonus, I lucked out on that one.

The best bargain I ever got was a lot of six bottles on eBay for $55 + $11 S&H:
    JHL - 3.4 oz
    Burberrys of London - 3.3 oz.
    Marc Jacobs - 2.5 oz.
    Herrera for men - 3.4 oz.
    Lalique - 2.5 o.z
    Benneton Cold -3.3 oz.
    It was about one month ago and all bottles were new.