Code of Conduct

Default What's your best buy?

I know that some of the members may find it vulgar to discuss the price of fragrances, which if you add up the cost of this hobby could be 's or $$$$'s. But I would like to know what was your biggest bargain that you have bought. I got a brand new 100ml Signature by Dupont EDT with 200ml shower gel from eBay recently for 1.50 with shipping came to 5. This is my best value for money item which smells a little bit better knowing that I got it so cheap

Default Re: What's your best buy?

I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I do remember it was around $20 for my 100ml tester (no cap or box) of L'Anarchiste. One of my favorite scents and for the money, almost impossible to beat on the QPR scale. Hell, the regular bottle http://www.parfum1.com right now is only $25.95.

I was elated when I bought my Gucci Pour Homme 50 ml for $18 last year. (I scored it at Marshalls.)
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

[smiley=smiley.gif]Oh man, I remember posting about it, a NEW bottle of Bond No.9 Broadway Nite $8 [smiley=grin.gif], still makes me smile.

1.7 Nicole Miller for Men - $6.99

Aaron

Guerlain Vetiver 75ml for about $30.

It's because I got 50ml of Comme des Garcons EDP with it as a gift.

Regards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

It may be the order I placed today on EBay. I bought 5 1/6 oz sprays for $15. They are designer fragrance oils that are similar to Very Sexy, Le Male, Fahrenheit, Issey Miyake, and Jaipur Boucheron. A friend of mine says they are excellent.

Yesterday I bought a 1/4 oz spray decant of GIT for $12(shipping included)

Bought the large bottle of A*men in the refillabe silver decanter for $27 on ebay and it was 99%full of cologne

14.4 oz. Guerlain Vetiver for $90.

Did not receive 50ml of Comme des Garcons EDP with it as a gift. [smiley=sad.gif]

Hi all,

I would have to say that my best purchase has to be a NEW GUERLAIN HERITAGE at $19.95 for a 3.4 oz. spray bottle NIB from MARSHALLS. If memory serves...I believe I paid about the same cost for the same size bottle of HABIT ROUGE!

Regards,
    SixCats!

sung hei 50ml edt, aft shave and deodorant,for 11.99
    safari 125ml edt,and 125 aft shave 29.99
    laguna 16.20

50ml Egoiste for $12 dollars at Bed Bath and Beyond

I got my 100ml brand new Lanvin L'Homme for around $20 from EBay. It sells around $80 retail in this part of the world...

John

A Bvlgari pour Homme travel set w/ 1.7 oz EdT, mini shower gel, and mini soap for around $27 at Sam's Club (yes, that Sam's Club).
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

100ml Santal Noble new..$55 shipped.

Not quite as good as broadway nite for $8...

Oh well
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Mugler Cologne 4.1oz/125ml for $19.99
    Bucheron Pur Homme EDP 3.4oz/100ml for $36
    Gucci Pour Homme 1.7oz/50ml for $9.99
    Opium Pour Homme 1.6oz EDP for $9.99

All on Ebay

Blog Entries

The full bottle of SMW from BN member Nitto for $30
    1oz bottle of Burberry London for $10 @ Marshall's
    3.4oz bottle of Chrome on ebay for $20

Actually...most of the stuff I get from ebay I usually get for about a third to a half off retail prices, & I think that's pretty damn good
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Rather than the deal you got, what about what's available now? My vote for best current buy would be Guerlain's Coriolan, which can be had for $10.00 for a 50ml EDT, or around $14.00 for the 100ml size.

Jeff

Platinum Egoiste (2.5 oz) for 20 shipped.
    Le Male (2.5 oz) + Chrome (1.7 oz) + Wings (1.7 oz) + Candies (1.0 oz) for 24 shipped.

2.5 oz Guerlain Vetiver with shower gel $15 at Marshalls.
    3.4 oz YSL Body Kouros $15 at Marshalls (plus it was my holy grail at the time)
    1 oz bottle of Lagerfeld Jako $5 at TJ MAXX

and the one that got away... a decent size bottle of Jaques Fath Yang $5 in clearance bin at TJ MAXX, but I was too lazy to stand in a long checkout line full of "Yolandas" with screaming kids, trying to return the outfit they wore to the clubs on Friday night, so I left without it... dammit!

120ml bottle of Monsieur Carven for $15
    50ml bottle of Phileas for $20

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Wow! How long ago was this? I'd say you won!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H.
    [quote author=wedge link=1128364717/15#20 date=1128422926]120ml bottle of Monsieur Carven for $15
    Wow! How long ago was this? I'd say you won!

Jeff
    [/quote]

I got Monsieur Carven earlier this year. Was in the process of procuring Phileas as I was typing my previous post, and it should arrive in a few days. I love rare bargains (Who doesn't?)!

$19.63 for a 3.4 oz. Monsieur Balmain at Scentiments earlier this year.

My best buys are Eau De Grey flannel which would be my signature scent if it lasted longer.Its like Platinum Egoiste,but a touch of marine.I bought it for $12.99.Animale and Insurrection for $25.00. These last really well.

well, my best deals were deals here on GIT and then a deal for piper nigrum and dilmun recently from SJAS/ steve, in the swap section.

sam

$8.38 for DK Fuel (2.5oz) *seemed about 80-90% full.

It was listed as Unleaded but I knew the black/grey bottle was the almighty FUEL....hehe *;D

I think I got the same deal as MacCool, the $20 Lanvin L'Homme 100mL on ebay. I also just got a 100mL of Laguna for $17 from scentedmonkey.com!

Laguna 3.4 oz - $12.99 from perfumania.com
    Quasar 2.5 oz - $9.99 + 20% discount at Perfumania outlet

And for the clincher...Polo Blue knockoff - $7.99 at Walmart ;D

Got Creative Universe's MARE (hard to find; 95 EUR in fine stores) for 9,00 EUR on eBay new and sealed!

Well to this day it is One Man Show for $8.00 in the New York Frag district..closing in on that was $40.00 for a bottle of Prada.............

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

This will sound dumb, but any sample is a "best buy" because I usually buy blind and those allow me to eliminate a lot of bad choices.

Anyhow... $7 for 1.7 oz Shalimar EDT
    $7 for 1.3 oz Guerlain Vetiver
    $7 for 1.7 oz XS
    $7 (sounds like my lucky number) for 0.5 oz each of Lagerfeld Photo, Classic, Cerruti Image & 1914 (or whatever that number is)

BUT... Anything I wear regularly is comparatively a bargain. Anything I don't is not, even if I got it for cheap.

So, though this won't sound like a bargain for most people, but I got 4 oz Bois du Portugal for $70. I also have knock off Silver Mountain Water oil for $10, and it is a dead ringer for the stuff. The other oils I have are not quite up to snuff.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

How about Tuscany Per Uomo 1.7 Spray at Target for $6.87 on Friday night? They had it on clearance.

I RECEIVED YESTERDAY A 4.1OZ OF TM COLONGE FROM EBAY FOR $31.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING!

I am not kidding: I bought Rochas Globe for 5euros, and it was 100ml bottle!!!

I like the scent very much: Kind of sticky, thick musky scent, with full-bodied leather notes, and also some exotic flowers and herbs with that distant smoke aroma...I love it!
    I would also call Globe a gourmand scent, but of course not in the sweet-candy style.
    It is more like some vege-dish with a pinch of mustard :-*

The best bargain I ever got was a giant (8 oz) bottle of TM Cologne on eBay for around $25.

I guess my best bargains (outside of Ebay and the Sell/Swap Board) are the times I've come across those Caswell-Massey sales where they discontinue stuff. *
    Just a few months ago they had a bunch of frags for $8.75 each (for 3oz bottles). *They had Vetiver, English Lavender... a couple others. *Snapped up Lord Ashley Cooper, which I quite like. *
    Also when they discontinued Original Greenbriar and Persian Leather, I got a bottle of each for half-price, $13.50 I think it was...
    I circle and wait for them to discontinue Tricorn. *Come on Caswell-Massey, you know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    A few hours ago I was the winner of an eBay auction with 100ml Monsieur Carven After Shave AND 100ml Monsieur Carven Eau de Toilette for $6.00

I find Monsieur Carven even better than Carven Homme .... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

A 50ml bottle of Penhaligon`s Opus 1870 for 10

I once got an 8oz bottle of TM Cologne on eBay for about $25.

**edit** Damnit! Stop resurrecting old threads that I've already posted in!!! I look like a dork when I don't check and post again...LOL.

I'm lucky in that one of my favorite fragrances, Grey Flannel, can be had very inexpensively on the internet. I think I've found a 3 oz bottle for like ten dollars once. I bought a 1.7 oz ck be for fifteen dollars or so.

There was a deal on the sales/swap board of Givenchy Gentleman, Gucci PH, Cartier Santos, Dior Homme all 100ml sizes NIB for about $55 shipped. Included Boucheron Jaipur PH as a bonus, I lucked out on that one.

The best bargain I ever got was a lot of six bottles on eBay for $55 + $11 S&H:
    JHL - 3.4 oz
    Burberrys of London - 3.3 oz.
    Marc Jacobs - 2.5 oz.
    Herrera for men - 3.4 oz.
    Lalique - 2.5 o.z
    Benneton Cold -3.3 oz.
    It was about one month ago and all bottles were new.