Code of Conduct

Default If you ever want liquid wood........

I just shaved my face and afterwards I used Chanel Egoiste after shave lotion for the first time. I tell you, it is 100% like rubbing your skin with some burned dry wood from a fire.

It does stay true to the original scent but the basenotes (if you have that in after shave lotion!?) is EXTREMELY woody. You should really try that yourself, it is a special experience! No wonder it was called "Bois Noir"!

Anyone else own it?

Mic.

Default Re: If you ever want liquid wood........

I don`t have the after-shave, but I do have EdT splash that I "rub" into my cheeks. The basenote is indeed very sandalwood-smoky, and I`ve noticed little differences between the splash and spray. (I enjoy splash even more, as it has stonger feel to it)

Perhaps I pump into AS sometimes later.

Maaaan, I keep sniffing my hands - the after shave is better than the etd!!

I always enjoy sweet fragrances but sometimes the vanilla in Egoiste seems "wrong". I find the after shave "non-sweet" and it suits the scent very fine!

Mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic
    Maaaan, I keep sniffing my hands - the after shave is better than the etd!!

I always enjoy sweet fragrances but sometimes the vanilla in Egoiste seems "wrong". I find the after shave "non-sweet" and it suits the scent very fine!

Mic.
    As an huge Egoiste fan I`ll have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.

[blue]I have to agree with you Mic. The tweeking of the aftershave has made it's own animal. I like it a lot; although I've never thought of why until now that you mention it. You're right. It's the absence of too much vanilla, which would have made the wearing of it and the EDT too much. I love this attention to detail and this is precisely the kind of thing one expects from Chanel. I have noticed differences with many aftershaves since I tend to have or get and use the aftershave if it's available. Have you tried the Égoïste aftershave balm? That's also a very interesting variation on Égoïste EDT. It's richer than the aftershave in terms of scent.

Bvlgari Pour Homme Aftershave Balm is also another one that differs significantly from the original with a more pronounced and beautiful rosewood note. I actually use Habit Rouge aftershave as a lighter version of the EDT. It's fantastic, and it used to come in spray atomizers,which made it even more convenient to do so. I had a Habit Rouge light version before Guerlain put one out. There is a very different and interesting interplay with the citrus, spices, and vanilla/amber notes than there is in the EDT. Habit Rouge aftershave is more like the EDC version but not exactly. Again it's its own animal.

I'll have to go back and revisit Égoïste aftershave once again in light of your post. Who knows you might have helped this Basenoter discover a version of Égoïste for summe. We could even call it Égoïste Eau d’Été.

Thanks for the reminder.

scentemental[/blue]