Default Patrick Bateman

Anyone seen the film American Psycho?

I wonder what he would wear?

Default Re: Patrick Bateman

Tabac Blood
    Murder de Minuit
    Green Irish Bleed
    Decompouros
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

It would be fun to do a topic about movie characters and there cents!! At least in my opinnion.

Gucci pour Homme. It has kinda blood mixed in with water type of feel Water=Because he cleans him self like a maniac. Blood=Well...

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Tabac Blood
    Murder de Minuit
    Green Irish Bleed
    Decompouros
    ;D

nearfantastica

Hmmm,

Isn't it outlined clearly in the book..or the movie for that matter.. that Bateman wears Grey Flannel, or have I been eating too many pickles before bed again???

a.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    It would be fun to do a topic about movie characters and there cents!! At least in my opinnion.
    Bloody good idea!

Start one rolling Peace.

What would Tyler Durden(Brad Pitt) and/or Jack (Edward Norton) wear (Fight Club)?

nearfantastica-
    I agree. The first frag that came to mind when I read the original post was Grey Flannel. Then I sat there trying to figure out how I knew that. Funny, the things you remember.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rose
    Anyone seen the film American Psycho?

I wonder what he would wear?

Actually, this question has been hunting me sometimes ;D Seriously.

Doesn`t he wear unscented after-shave balm in the movie..?

I think he would wear something spicey or really clean to match his strang persona. I would think something like Geir or BdP. He has to come across as classy and presentable but still sophisticated and strong minded. He has that "ass kissing" side to him that I don't quite get but I still think that Geir and BdP would do it for him. Maybe No. 88 as well. He can't smell sweet in any way. He has to smell crazy... like he is killing hookers with chainsaws...

EnvYuS

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon Murderer
    Doesn`t he wear unscented after-shave balm in the movie..?
    He wears alchohol-free aftershave.

"......I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion..." ~Patrick Bateman
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

In reading the book back in the early 90's I recall he was a fan of Obsession for men. Remember his era was the late 80's. I also recall in the book him frowning that he found Paco Rabanne in someones bathroom. To him that was tastless. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Peace

Gucci pour Homme. It has kinda blood mixed in with water type of feel Water=Because he cleans him self like a maniac. Blood=Well...
    in the past, there has been a number of such threads. Im sure you can ressurrect one with a search.

and I, too, recall Obsession figuring into the mvie somewhere. a Bathroom counter or somesuch probably.

but scentimus, I think you are mixing Bateman with Mr. Big from Sex in the City. He whiffs Paxo at one pointt and tells Carrie Bradshaw its cliche-smelling. Then the question becomes whether there may be something tp your conflating the high-rolling new yorker playboy that is Mr. Big with Bateman's yuppie sociopath.

Bateman definitely wears an '80s power scent. But it wouldn't be something as common as Drakkar, but rather something a bit more cutting-edge and expensive.

If I m not mistaking, in the movie, we can see products of YSL pour homme...at least one, that I am pretty sure off...
    It has a simple explanation...The sophisticated YSL pour homme suits his style of wardrobe as a business man !
    Have a nice day
    Renz

In his early years he my have used Polo or Polo crest, later on i guess he would have gone through a phase of Guerlain's Heritage but he deemed it to be too old-fashioned so he "upgraded" to a very french Rocabar but with similar results so he might have gone for a fresher scent like, Eau d'orange Vert.
    But we all know that he probably sprayed it all on his clothes cause he wouldn't do it on his skin since "alcohol dries your skin out and makes you look older." What do you say about one of the BondN9s? Or something that might go better with his honey scented body lotion?

Being a great fan of both the book and the movie, I recall there is quite a bit about scents in them.
    In the beginning, there is a dialogue about both womens and mens Obsession. Later in the book, he passes a colleague which wears a Guerlain (anyone remember which?), and says something about it.
    You're right about the Paco Rabbanne he finds in another colleagues bathroom.
    Another scent Bateman wears is Paul Sebastian, and he gets a heavy compliment by a girl.

There is no talk about Grey Flannel, though...

I remember Grey Flannel and Xeryus being mentioned in the book, but I don't remember if Patrick Bateman wore any of them or it was another character.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    ...He has that "ass kissing" side to him that I don't quite get ...

EnvYuS
    That's entirely consistent. Psychopaths are as effective as they are precisely because they are so plausible, which in many contexts means being excessively ingratiating. Often they are very popular people. It certainly fits ones I've known. 'The Prince of Darkness is a gentleman'!

Or perhaps that should be 'phony gentleman', since I can't imagine, for instance, Sir Richard F. Burton kissing any asses. Quite the contrary.

In any case, I doubt that Paddy likes any smell but his own. There is an Icelandic proverb, 'Every man likes the smell of his own farts'.

Cool movie. Playing an 80's stockbroker yuppy,maniac. So busy with his ego,money and pampering himself with lotions and being popular. Not being able to deal with real life,real people and changing into a cold murderer. . I remember Cerruti made his costumes for the movie and I believe he also mentioned it one time when he shouted at the chinese woman at the drycleaners: " you don't dryclean a cerruti ! " or something like that. I believe a lot of 80's scents were being showed in it. YSL ph was one of them. Can't remember the others.

I'd have to double-check the DVD, but I seem to remember a bottle of Chanel (Pour Monsieur?) in his bathroom vanity in one scene...

-R