Code of Conduct

Default Time to put the BABIES to bed!

Hi all,

Well, Summer will soon be here (although rather SHORT-lived in Maine). I will soon RE-box most all my favorite FALL/WINTER fragrances, place each box in a ZIP LOCK baggie and gently tuck them into a plastic tub (w/lid) so they will be well protected and then, place the tub in the Basement where it is much cooler for their Summer nap! I do this for a couple of reasons. First, most of my (so called) STINK fragrances are just TOO much for Summer. On the other hand, I will soon be awakening the likes of YSL BODY KOUROS, BOUCHERON PH, GEIR, CREED MILLISIME IMPERIAL, DIPTYQUE EAU D' ELIDE, L'ARTISAN MdM EXTREAM, LV DILMUN (one of my FAVORITE Summer fragrances!) GURELAIN HABIT ROUGE, FLORIS JF, PREHAPS my YOHJI, MAYBE my (GOODWILL) CHANNEL EGOISTE PLATINUM (heck, couldn't pass up a $75.00 bottle of CHANNEL for $4.00 now could I) and perhaps a few others INCLUDING my OTHER most recent GOODWILL find, a 3.4 oz. spray bottle of IRISH Cologne "MAN OF ARAN" (which by the way I WAS THRILLED to find this $45.00 bottle of Cologne for $4.00 lol thank you very much). Still, I will continue my search for other (INexpensive) Summer fragrances. Going to sleep for their Summer nap (in their comfortable little boxes) will be :
    CREED TABAROME MILLESIME (YIKES, only 1/2 bottle left!), SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "ACQUA DI CUBA" (Nooooo!) LV PIPER NIGRUM, L'ARTISAN DZING, GRANDIFLORUM BLOND TABAC, GRANDIFLORUM WILDE VETIVER, TRUSSARDI UOMO, ANNICK GOUTAL VETIVER (after shave) PIGUET BANDIT, McQUEEN KINGDOM, L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY, GUERLAIN HERITAGE, TSAR, ZIZANIE, and the little remaining (i.e. LAST of boo hoo) of my bottles MPG EAU DES ILES, LV VETIVER, and, the LAST of my DECANTS, DIPTYQUE L'AUTRE (I got to buy a bottle this STINKY one!) MILLER HARRIS FEUILLES DE TABAC, SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "PATCHOULI" (Oooh, how I LOVE thee) MAZZOLARI PATCHOULI, LV PATCHOULI, SL F.T., and a few others! Oooh dear, how could I forget ?
    My overall FAVORITE decant (that is almost gone!) MPG ROUTE DU VETIVER!
    I will more than likely buy a BOTTLE of MPG RdV for next Fall! OUTSTANDING!
    Oooh, I almost forgot! The other reason I "put to bed" these fragrances is,
    well, come late SEPTEMBER/early OCTOBER, I wakeup my sleeping little fragrances and...WHOA! it's like I'm a little kid on Christmas morning! (as I open the tub) Oooooh...what's this ? SMN ACQUA DI CUBA!...you shouldn't have! What...more? Ooooh my, it's just what I always wanted! LORENZO VILLORESI PIPER NIGRUM! Ooooh SixCats! your much too generous lol. So, I get to repeat this little game for each and every fragrance I RE-open! (Hey, it helps when your not made of money for new purchases lol). OK, now the FUN part of this post, can anyone tell me which TWO fragrances I plan NOT to put to sleep for the Summer ? Yea, I know I know, I've lost it altogether lol.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Default Re: Time to put the BABIES to bed!

Bois du portugal
    Mre et Musc Extrme

Ha! That's a great one SixCats. Put em to sleep then bring em alive. Excellent job on that story.

Kouros and something
    "You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid."

What an excellent idea! It's so good, I can't believe I didn't think of it! ;D I'm dying for space, with bottle and decants everywhere. Hypnotic Poison and KM Loukhoum need to be packed away for sure.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Hi all,

OK, Raskae...ONE of two...CORRECT! Pluran, ONE of two...CORRECT! Wow, you guys are GOOD! Hi Shy! I am so glad you liked my little idea!
    Seriously, it REALLY does feel like I "hit the JACKPOT" when I RE-open boxes of Cologne that have been out of sight (and out of mind) for five/six months! I find myself saying "Oooh wow, I forgot I had this one! YES!" lol.

Regards,
    SixCats!

OK, I have a GREAT idea. Why don't y'all just send me the fragrances you would usually put away and I'll, um, "take care" of them for you?

Kouros and Bois du Portugal
    "You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid."

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    *Oooooh...what's this ? *SMN ACQUA DI CUBA!...you shouldn't have! *What...more? *Ooooh my, it's just what I always wanted! *LORENZO VILLORESI PIPER NIGRUM! *Ooooh SixCats! your much too generous lol. *
    ROTFL!! Now THIS is vintage SixCats!

Hi all,

Joel, lol, glad I gave you a chuckle! Pluran, awww, pray tell, how did you ever guess BOIS DU PORTUGAL and KOUROS ? lol. Gooderin, ummmm, why that's a SPLENDID idea! Let me get right on it! lol.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    Hi all,

Pluran, awww, pray tell, how did you ever guess BOIS DU PORTUGAL and KOUROS ? lol. *

Regards,
    SixCats!
    I was surprised to see BdP as one of your likes. I like it also, but Kouros and its "dissolving aqua regia", never want to be without that one.

Thanks for the advice, Sixcats, storing most Guerlains with my sweaters and packing Knize Ten away with my full length underwear! The Malles can go there too. Kouros must stay upstairs with me! It is a scent for those occasions, a special mood, or to comfort me when bad boys finish talking about it. Will they ever?
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Hi all,

Narcus, "welcome to the MADNESS! I "re-packed" a BUNCH of my fragrances last night. However (for the reasons you mentioned) I too am keeping KOUROS close at hand. I don't care what the BAD BOYS have to say about me! Don't let em get you down! Pluran, ummmm, I am curious as to why you are surprised that I like BdP ? BdP is one of a very few "go to" UPSCALE fragrances for SPECIAL events.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Kouros just has to stay... Even for me, i use it to get me a good night's sleep... Must be the clove, i just find it sooooooo soothing!