Code of Conduct

Thread: Guess for Men

Default Guess for Men

I just tried a sample of Guess for Men by Georges Marciano. It immediately went on my "possible buy" list. Problem is, it is a discontinued fragrance, and all the Internet places have prices pumped up above the $300 range. I also notice that the reviews here are for Guess by Guess, not Georges Marciano, but I can't find it elsewhere. And I thought I saw mention some place of Guess from Parlux.

Can anyone explain this? Or do you know of a store that might have Guess Men by Georges Marciano at a normal price? I live in Los Angeles.

Default Re: Guess for Men

To do be sure, you do know that Marciano is the designer behind Guess (Jeans) brand, right? Parlux is the company who makes Guess fragrances. So, Guess by Guess/Marcion/Parlux are all the same. Go to ebay type in "guess" the choose fragrances and men. Most of the bottles are around $200. due to the reserve but a gift set ending in 11 hours has an after shave and edt (2 ounces) for under $30.

Hope this was helpful.

Very helpful. I've never used eBay, but I think the time has come for me to learn how.

Happy I could help. I tried to track down some other shops that might still have it and while I did eventually find some places that have it, the price tag is 225-$300 (for a 3.4 ounce). So it looks like ebay is the best way to go.

http://www.perfume-bay.com/men-s-g-g...o-for-men.html - just a place to pick up some small sample vials.

Besides eBay, is it worth it to own a bottle of it? I can see it now, an Ambercrombie & Fitch Fierce bottle being sold for $300!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Besides eBay, is it worth it to own a bottle of it? *I can see it now, an Ambercrombie & Fitch Fierce bottle being sold for $300! *

Fierce. mmm....I dunno. However, I have seen Woods by A&F going for upwards of $65.00 for a 3.4 oz. bottle!!

Seems to me that someone at Abercrombie and Fitch needs to wake up and smell the cash-ola!!!

;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    I tried to track down some other shops that might still have it and while I did eventually find some places that have it, the price tag is 225-$300 (for a 3.4 ounce).
    Thank you for checking. I have not found any better.

But I did sign up for eBay and I'm looking around. *Of the Guess Men offerings, some come in a mostly brown package and others in a gray package with the triangle design. Did Guess men change formulation, or is this simply a package change?

Some frags from the 60's-80's are highly sought after because they bring back strong, fond personal memories. Their rarity makes them expensive by the simple laws of supply and demand. It is not that the frags are so great by today's more refined standards! Bottles of Guess are going on Ebay for $60-80 when they come up every few weeks. So far as I know the box was changed but not the juice. BTW- I met Georges Marciano by chance just as his jeans were taking off. He had just that day made his first major sale to a department store chain and he asked me to join him and his wife in a toast at his home on Long Island.

Andrew B. - As far as I know, only the box changed. The bottle that comes in those boxes contains the same brown liquid. My guess would be that Marciano chose to replace the brown box with the triangle box because the trianlge is the Guess emblem and so that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    BTW- I met Georges Marciano by chance just as his jeans were taking off. He had just that day made his first major sale to a department store chain and he asked me to join him and his wife in a toast at his home on Long Island.
    Stuigi, all I can say is wow, thats pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Bottles of Guess are going on Ebay for $60-80 when they come up every few weeks.
    Good to know, because I should test this more before I jump in at that price. I've had samples of other fragrances where the second and third tries had me wondering what I was so excited about the first time.

I met Georges Marciano by chance just as his jeans were taking off. He had just that day made his first major sale to a department store chain and he asked me to join him and his wife in a toast at his home on Long Island.
    That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture17
    Andrew B. - As far as I know, only the box changed. The bottle that comes in those boxes contains the same brown liquid.
    Thanks!

Happy ending.

I ended up getting some from eBay. I picked up a batch of 20 samples on cards for about $14 with shipping. I emptied them into an ounce bottle with sprayer, and it is almost half full now. So I ordered 20 more. When I get these, I will have almost an ounce for about $28. This is much less than the $300 that stores are charging, and a good price per ounce even for eBay.

I wore the juice today, and I love it. *

Are we talking for this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._BIN_Stores_IT
    Sixteen Euros plus shipping is not THAT big amount of money (compared at least to 300 USD!).
    Problem is that although the seller has some hard-to-find fragrances at low prices,its photos are low quality,possibly a suspicious sign.

P.S. Please do no bid for my beloved "Montana Parfum D' Homme" until I do!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoVolante
    Are we talking for this one?
    http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._BIN_Stores_IT
    Sixteen Euros plus shipping is not THAT big amount of money (compared at least to 300 USD!).
    Problem is that although the seller has some hard-to-find fragrances at low prices,its photos are low quality,possibly a suspicious sign.
    No, I had not seen that one before. And I would worry about that unclear photo too. The shape looks more like a poster.