Code of Conduct

Thread: M7, wow!

Default M7, wow!

This will probably be old news for many of you.. but who cares, right?

I tried M7 Fresh some months ago and didn't care for it at all.. but after noticing recently that the original seemed to be popular with people who like the frags I like, I acquired a sample and tried wearing some to work last night.

No interesting stories about being attacked by female coworkers, I'm afraid.. but what a fragrance! Warm, rich, sweet-yet-dark, and smooth, like wearing chocolate, only different. Cozy, almost narcotic, like a balmy breeze, a fireplace, or a warm bed when you wake up in the morning. I think if I were a girl and smelled this on a guy I'd want to wrap myself up in him. Topnotes are a little weird, and in fact could have been left out entirely IMO, but they go away soon enough. I don't really get powder from this, but tons of agarwood, smoothed out by things I can't quite identify. Potent and long lasting on me.

Between this, Rive Gauche PH, and Kouros (don't love it, but I don't hate it either, and it's a very interesting scent), I think I'm becoming a bit of a YSL fan! I'll have to try the rest of their line someday...

Default Re: M7, wow!

It`s a good scent, there`s no question. It`s very captivating, and like with all the other great frags, this one has it`s definite haters as well.
    To me, it`s no.4 YSL fragrance:

1) Kouros
    2) Body kouros
    3) Opium PH

YSL is the very best designer house imo. (Chanel comes quite far second)

today i wear it cos i have a full bottle i have to say that it didnt impress me so much i dont think it has a powerful sillage as everyone says here on my skin it doesnt last many hours :'( :'( :'(

My only problem with M7 is that it IS so captivating. Like a fireplace, a warm bed, cozy sheets etc. It envelopes the wearer so much that it can be a bit smothering at times. I have all the body products and have learned the hard way NEVER to layer M7 products. Any one product is good enough, any more is overkill. Sometimes it smells great, but it makes me want to crawl out of my skin when I am wearing M7.

M7 Fresh is decent, but the citrus note is straight copped from an orange starburst chew. Plus M7 Fresh stuffs up my nose really bad, whereas M7 doesn't, surprisingly. I think I prefer regular M7, but it is one of those scents that I have to really be in the mood to wear. I happen to be wearing it today and liking it.

It's amazing. Highly compelling and full of quality all through. Definitely not lacking for sillage or longevity. Too much of it can be a little smothering. One I'd buy a couple of bottle of. Not many can achieve the effect that M7 does.
    It's not getting what you want -- it's wanting what you've got.

This is one I don't spray on my wrist--I can't stop smelling it and it gets a little enbarrassing. Love that agarwood.

I had M7 before, but swapped it and missed it. But, I recently got a decant of M7 Fresh from another fellow Basenoter, so I realized that I was missing my fave YSL (Live Jazz doesn't cut it for me, and Kouros is nasty).

So, I rescored a 1.7 oz bottle of this at T.J. Maxx for $20. Can't wait to actually use it again.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

The first time I sprayed this I thought it was perfection. Straight up incense-style wood that was pure class. Since that first spray, I simply cannot tolerate it. The fragrance has a bad association with me - when I was younger I went to a colonial museum on a school trip and I ended up with a bad case of the flu while I was there. M7 remarkably takes me back to the scene of the musty old displays and quite frankly, makes me feel sick all over again. Though M7 wasn't out during my visit to that place, the association has stuck and honestly leaves me wondering if I should swap it or give it away. I guess it says something about the cologne that it would dig up such an insignificant memory of my life such as that!

The allure of M7 completely escapes me, mediciney topnotes that smooth out but never quite vanish. It does have an ambery musk like drydown, if it werent for that medicine note.

Yup! It's gorgeous! I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_D
    The allure of M7 completely escapes me, mediciney topnotes that smooth out but never quite vanish. It does have an ambery musk like drydown, if it werent for that medicine note.
    You've pretty much described my association with it as well.

A lady at work commented that M7 smells like baby oil on me...i guess i'll take that as a compliment! :-/
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    A lady at work commented that M7 smells like baby oil on me...i guess i'll take that as a compliment! :-/

Wow, that's strange. Today I was wearing M7. I've worn it dozens of times before in the last few years and am familiar with its every nuance, but today... I noticed something of a baby oil note. Keep in mind I've never picked up such a note in M7, but today it was as plain as day. Then to see this post. Weird.

I just got a bottle of M7 last week. I had looked all over Atlanta and could not find a place to sample, but took a gamble and bought blind. I really like it. It's definitely evening wear, and I haven't had an opportunity to wear it out yet, so no feedback just yet. It's up there with that little bit of Santos Concentree (original formula) I've got left. I ordered M7 fresh from the UK, their site says it shipped on the 10th, so I'm expecting it any time now. I hope it turns out as well. I'd like to add some more depth to my day wear colognes.

Quote Originally Posted by radix023
    I just got a bottle of M7 last week. I had looked all over Atlanta and could not find a place to sample, but took a gamble and bought blind. I really like it. It's definitely evening wear, and I haven't had an opportunity to wear it out yet, so no feedback just yet. It's up there with that little bit of Santos Concentree (original formula) I've got left. I ordered M7 fresh from the UK, their site says it shipped on the 10th, so I'm expecting it any time now. I hope it turns out as well. I'd like to add some more depth to my day wear colognes.

Where in the UK did you order it from? How much?

Thanks man.