Code of Conduct

Thread: I am..

Default I am..

A high school senior, sitting atop the throne. Intelligent, wise beyond belief, but a hardcore slacker when it comes to homework. The comic relief. "Most likely to crack a joke at a funeral." Extremely dedicated and important to choir and drama. A person everyone knows and loves(and if not loved, then hated - there's no in between[and if hated, it's by a goth or a random asshole no one likes anyway]). At times, quiet, reserved, and thoughtful. At other times, loud, energetic, and carefree. Believe in love. Believe in loyal trusting relationships . Not much of a flirter, and no need to be - they're drawn to me on their own. Friends with everyone and every clique, and not bound to any one clique in particular. A vagabond at times - frequently congregating with different groups of friends and never staying stuck to one. I may eat lunch on my own and improvise haunting and emotional pieces on piano in a dark room(not because I'm sad, just because it's really freaking awesome). Overly analytical. Poetic. Musical. Likely to bust out into song at any given time. A person who only likes spotlight when he is ready and feeling in the mood for it - if it's as part of a grade or being the center of conversation, I'm not as fond of it. A sharp dresser. Athletic. A person who won't smile for a picture. Spontaneous. Never prepared for anything until it's about to happen, and when that times comes I am far beyond satisfactory. Philosophical. A fantastic BSer. A great liar who seldom lies. In your home row, queening my pawn. A lover, a dancer.. just another romancer. I will save the world one day. I analyze. I remember. I forgive. I forget. I dream. I play. I live. I learn. I dip my cheeto's in grape soda.

What's my scent?

Default Re: I am..

Kouros

or

Cool Water layered with Kouros.

L'Anarchiste
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey
    Dreamer
    Without a doubt... Well said...

EnvYuS

Doesn't need to be relevant in just the name.. talking full package here. You'll have to forgive, however, the handful of contrasting qualities I described in me.

Overcome By Fumes

Chanel Egoiste

Egoistė

Dzing! Comical scent, but also can be interpreted as deep and brooding, subdued enough to be casual, sophisticated enough to be formal.

Wish they had something like Dzing when I was in high school. But if cost might be an issue, see if you can find a decant off eBay, or as a substitute, I also think Gucci Envy might be for you too...great scent with contrasts, and definitely might help with your flirtatious or limelight days, also helps to tap that dark creative side too. Sadly, comical side might be lacking in Gucci Envy.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Go on ebay (and probably some other places on line) and get for cheap:

Givenchy 'Insense' (don't worry this isn't a creepy icky incense thing)
    Dior 'Fahrenheit'

World class masculine fragrances that aren't the clichéd bergamot & lavender male fragrance (please, spare me yet another one of those).

escada magnetism,great scent

I'm the power of pain and pleasure symbiotic...I am...I am
    In a medicated nation of blind nuerotics...I am...I am

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

Egoistė
    quite.

Haha. The only cause I can attribute to you three and your emphasis on Egoiste is to comment on my ego. I'm speaking from here on as though this assumption is the actual case. I tell you: get over the fact that I just talked about a handful of positive qualities in myself. If you cannot, you'll miss the main focus of the topic: me. Not my ego. I would not expect a scent to bring out the negative traits in a person, would you? So why would I say everything demeaning about myself that I could? And trust me, I have an equally large amount of poor characteristics I can think of and list in a clever fashion. The problem is, for this topic, there really wouldn't be much point in it, now would there? If you can't get past the fact that I've described a deal of pleasant characteristics in myself(and hey, I even threw in some unpleasant ones), then all you'll see is a person who thinks he's the second coming of Christ. And by the way, I am Christian. So if all you plan on contributing to this thread is a sequence of snide, underhanded and cleverly hidden remarks, then don't even bother posting anymore.

Note: Again, that was only speaking on the assumption that this was what you were trying to imply. If you weren't, then tough noogies. I'll check out the scent and see how it flies.

Josh,try the magnetism

I hear you dude, thanks for the input. I'll check out the majority of these when I can.

You seem like a complex, highly spirited and kind young man with a pioneer like attitude. *Excellent qualities! *

I would have to vote for Jaipur Homme by Boucheron. *Wear this fine frag at your prom and you will be blazing your own path and leaving a trail! *~mm
    Peace ~ Markymark

Xeryus Rouge
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    Egoistė

Egoiste Extreme

Basenotes Plus

Chloe Narcisse
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

To Johnny Wx: what do you mean with Egoiste Extreme? Maybe Platinum Egoiste or Eau Sauvage Extreme?

^I think he means it tongue-in-cheek
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Oh................ Johnny Wx, I think, I know what do you mean!

nearfantastica

Post edited by moderator (Paul G)

Flaming will not be tolerated

on reading xeryus rouge above I thought that would be perfect, just fits the description

edited a second time by moderator (Paul G)

IF YOU ARE TOLD TO DROP IT BY A MOD....DROP IT.

Aqua di Gio. Someone so popular can't use anything else. Rotate around with Cool water and Polo Blue.

Whew! I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. As far as the fragrance, something deeply confounding yet with some degree of clarity in the topnotes...L'Anarchiste.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

Man, this site has really gone to shit. Seems like every person who knew anything about perfume has left the building, and I can see why.

Josh, if I were you I would be honored and not offended that some think you should try Chanel's Egoiste. It's my favorite fragrance, ever.

edited by moderator (Paul G)

flaming will not be tolerated

"He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

edited by moderator (Paul G)

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by moderator (Paul G)

Quote Originally Posted by expecto_patronum
    Le Dandy

I'll add:

Egoiste
    Platinum Egoiste
    Chloe Narcisse
    Kouros

Overcome By Fumes

My dear rad josh!

We adore and welcome new folk to the basenotes family!! Your introduction, however, is quite over the top...and many of us, myself included, consider that kind of panache an invitation to play. If you are willing to challenge us to come up with some ideas for someone as wise, poetic, energetic, and intelligent as yourself--you really are inviting ridicule, in a respectful and playful way. You expect random assholes and goths like us to stand by and take you at earnest face value and let you be the only clever one? It was a complete shock when you responded so hurt and serious in your second post on the thread. How could you not have expected the kind of responses you got? Ah, yes, never prepared. Asking the mods to step in might not be really considered "beyond satisfactory". A little humility can go a long way. Hope you find BN to be a nice place to spend some time!

Colin

P.S. Egoiste is a great fragrance, ribbing aside. In the future if you don't want people to play with you, don't bring the ball--and better yet, don't BE the ball.