Code of Conduct

Default On a Beach, Alcohol, Steel Guitar and Sun

I'm looking for a fragrance that would be perfect for a laid back beach bum like myself. I like GIT but it doesn't have any notes that remotely remind me of sand or water.

Any fragrances fit the bill?

Default Re: On a Beach, Alcohol, Steel Guitar and Sun

Marc Jacobs!!! It smells like coconut and sunscreen to me. It is really good though. I think it would suit your needs just right.

Basenotes Plus

How about:

Aramis Bermuda Tonic
    Aqua Motu
    Creed Erolfa or MI
    Polo Blue

[blue]*Signoricci*--trust me on this one.

scentemental[/blue]

Where's Milamber when you need him?

Laguna Homme!
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I'll second the Bermuda Tonic.

I recently set out on a similar scent quest for a Beach fragrance. I got samples of Mare by Creative Universe, Laguna, and Bermuda Tonic. Of those 3, Bermuda Tonic was the most 'tropical' and 'beachy' to me.

I second Aqua Motu by CSP. Its the beach in a bottle!
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Bermuda Tonic has the best beachy/tropical topnotes, but its drydown sucks.

I vote for Laguna or Aqua Motu.

I amazed myself because the first 3 names to come to mind were all Creeds:
    Erolfa
    Neroli Sauvage
    Imperial

On the opposite side of the monetary spectrum is a wondeful scented oil by Common Scents called MOJITO CRUSH....mexican limes, mint and sugar cane....now I'm thirsty!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Anoter for Bermuda Tonic, though I think Laguna's a better fragrance.

Harley-Davidson Free Space. It`s like cross between Coolwater and Xeryus Rouge. Fresh, oceanic, spicy and sweet.

Creed MI/NS/Erolfa absolutely, but they will be expensive.

CK Truth is a good cheaper alternative.

Though it doesn't have any marine note, Eau des Merveilles has the sand and salt on the tanned skinf flavour. That's why it immediately remembers me of holydays evry time I smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Though it doesn't have any marine note, Eau des Merveilles has the sand and salt on the tanned skinf flavour. That's why it immediately remembers me of holydays evry time I smell it.
    This was my first thought also, but maybe it's not beach bum-ish enough? Worth a try anyway. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    [quote author=Magnifiscent link=1142999165/0#12 date=1143020903]Though it doesn't have any marine note, Eau des Merveilles has the sand and salt on the tanned skinf flavour. That's why it immediately remembers me of holydays evry time I smell it.
    This was my first thought also, but maybe it's not beach bum-ish enough? Worth a try anyway. It's great.
    [/quote]

It sure is great, I'm wearing it as we speak. But it is elegant to my nose, but definately a beach in darkness-scent. My first thought here was S-Perfume's S-ex, but I haven't smelled it myself. Descriptions of it has made it sound like the smell of a surfer's body though, skin och salty sea water. Seems like it is out of stock at the official site though.

Miami Glow by J. Lo super beachy and sandy and warm and yummy, Bvlgari Aqua,i also like what about adam for nights near the beach

From a fellow beach bum

Carthusia Uomo -- my current fave with a great, salty driftwood dry-down. Masculine, fresh. The choice for a seaside romantic evening.

Givenchy Insense Ultramarine -- some flowers and spice, too. Very nice.

Calypso Marine *-- at least get the candle to scent the beach shack and chase away any ocean-humidity mustiness.

I second Aqua Motu (the classic), Michael Kors (very fun, modern, sexy) and Laguna Homme.

Another 'vote' for Marc Jacobs for Men. I've got it on right now and though I'm at work in middle GA, I can feel and see in my mind's eye, the beach and palm trees of my youth spent in Miami and Key West, Florida.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

What about Biotherm Aqua Fitness? I think it's very refreshing.

But I am sad that it has been discontinued....

Anybody tries Jil Sander Sun Men? I haven't but it sounds what you're looking for.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Oh, I envy you

of course you should not miss

Kenzo PH, it's fresh, it has marine notes, notes of algae, sea salt and it only comes to life somewhere near the sea, totally unexpected

CK One Summer 2006 would also make a perfect beachy scent as it contains the hot sand effect just like Miami Glow, but unlike Miami Glow it is unisex

I'm wearing Marc Jacobs right now.

in fact, it's the first time i've ever tried it and i think it is absolutely DIVINE.

the instant i sprayed it, i was like, "WHOA! i'm at home in Nova Scotia, sitting on a beach in the summer with some beers and a guitar!"

really an awesome fragrance, that i think basically fits your description exquisitely.