Code of Conduct

Default 212 and its variations

From a brief smell, i really like 212. In reviews it is bashed a good amount it seems. I noticed there are several variations in the DB, but have never seen them in person. In particular there is silver, white, and on ICE. They all get pretty good reviews. Anyone try these in person? What are you thoughts on the line?

Default Re: 212 and its variations

I really like 212 Men, the only one I've tried, no matter how much bashing it receives. It's cut grass topnote together with the wamt sandalwood base is just lovely to my nose and I connect it with past summers that has been fun and filled with sunshine. Maybe not the most original in my collection, but surely one of the ones I love to wear most often.

I have only tried the original 212, its one of my favourite. As Shift said, its very versatile - good for any occasion and won't overpower. The sharp grassy-ginger top-notes blended well with the incense-sandalwood basenotes. Some people actually think it smells like a Creed scent. 212 is like Fahrenheit and Emporio Armani - its got that exciting creative character.

You posted 3 years late. Once upon a time, theres a 212 guru here at basenotes who can give you a complete list and details of everything that has to do with this fragrance. (I am not kidding!)

I just bought 212 Men today. I honestly think this is one of the perfect summer scents. The scent really just reminds me of fresh cut grass and lavender, with a touch of something else that I can't describe. It's not very pricey, and it's not that different admittedly. It does smell great to me though, and I can imagine girls would think it smells great.

It just proves that the Herrera corporation can't come up with anything original.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I like 212 very much. It`s extremely good scent for the summertime, and btw c`mon people: Why wouldn`t you consider this as an original blend???!! It IS quite original!!! Superb bottle also!

What`s wrong with this scent, may I ask???

To me it doesn't smell very original at all. It smells like a multitude of other synthetic scents that can be bought in a myriad of discount stores. The mere fact that it appears to be a best seller for the Herreras, prompts them to pump out variations on a theme, year after year.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    To me it doesn't smell very original at all. It smells like a multitude of other synthetic scents that can be bought in a myriad of discount stores. The mere fact that it appears to be a best seller for the Herreras, prompts them to pump out variations on a theme, year after year.
    Have to agree with Barry here. The scent did nothing for me and is synthetic on my skin to a fault. Just didn't do anything for me and to be honest is one that I remember very little about having not worn it for several years now. That speaks volumes that there isn't anything I remember about it aside from being exceedingly ho hum and seeming (to me) to be cheaply made. That being said the magnetic bottle rules! That whole crap about symbolizing New York is a hoot too.