Code of Conduct

Default Emporio He & She question / pondering Armani

Hi guys. My girlfriend likes EA She a lot. I want to get ti for her, but Im thinking of also getting EA He for myself, as the bottles make for a great "his & hers" kind of giftset. My question is, though, is He any good? In the directory there is respect given to He. I believe its MMM who calls it "almost original" thats pretty ok. So what do you think?

this'll be my first Armani, and a blind buy at that, but im willing to risk it if you guys think it's half decent. it would make such a cool gift for my gf, a nice way to bring her into my whole Basenotes world. anything for love!

Default Re: Emporio He & She question

I've tried it a few times and I like it a lot. It is something I was thinking of buying. I can't really explain how it smells because I just can't remember, but I would deffinately think that it is worth purchase. I would buy it immediatly... and one for me too! ;D

Verdict: Buy

EnvYuS

Why So Serious?

I'm not too optimistic about you liking the He much since you rated Dunhill (2003) two stars, the He is in the same vain as Dunhill, though the two are not exactly the same, but they certainly share some similarities IMO. *I find it to be above average, a sexy scent. *However, the She is a really seductive scent IMO, that was one of the first fragrances my girlfriend wore when we first dated back 5 years ago, that scent still puts me over the top. *Overall, i think i like the She better.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I love the scent, but unfortunately I can't pull much sillage or longevity out of it. *It prominently smells like tea on my skin, but also has some depth with woods and a complementing minty accent. *Armani finally hit the "classy" note with this one. *I would buy this immediately if it came in some sort of gift set that would me to boost the longevity, but until then (if it ever happens), I'll simply recommend it to people on here!

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    I'm not too optimistic about you liking the He much since you rated Dunhill (2003) two stars, the He is in the same vain as Dunhill, though the two are not exactly the same, but they certainly share some similarities IMO. *I find it to be above average, a sexy scent. *However, the She is a really seductive scent IMO, that was one of the first fragrances my girlfriend wore when we first dated back 5 years ago, that scent still puts me over the top. *Overall, i think i like the She better.
    thanks guys!

Like Dunhill, eh, HackerX? I think I could get into that, as I like the other frags which I consider Dunhill '03 to have been copying (D&G PH and its original copy Realities; a lighter Dreamer, etc). So he is a tobacco scent then? What I dislike about Dunhill '03 is that which i consider to be the Dunhill House Note, this chemical-cloying heaviness, rather than something I dislike in the constituent parts of Dunhill '03 itself... I may have to look into He...

any other input out there?

He is NOT a tobacco scent....by a long shot. Just go to any dept. store and smell it!

Quote Originally Posted by John
    He is NOT a tobacco scent....by a long shot. *Just go to any dept. store and smell it!
    yeah i just checked the directory and didnt see anything suggesting tobaccy. Maybe it was the musk that recalls Dunhill for HackerX.

Strangely I havent seen it on any countersa round here. Im seeing later Armani Tubes, but no He.

Iíve noticed that many people on the board are quick to knock the Armani frags, but most of you have to admit they have 'standard' longevity, stay close to the skin, and above all they are truely masculine scents! White included.
    And I swear to god! Emporio HE = MI drydown! Go check it out

Emporio He is a very subtle, green mossy scent. If you go testing scents, make sure you test He first, because while it stands out quite distinctly if tested first, I had extreme difficulty detecting it if it was the third or later that I tested.

Imagine a fairly muted version of 212 or Celine Homme, and you have Emporio He.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Emporio He is a very subtle, green mossy scent...
    a fairly muted version of 212 or Celine Homme, and you have Emporio He.
    Renato
    Thanks Renato. Now THIS is what Im looking for in a comparison . Now I have an idea...
    -Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Emporio He is a very subtle, green mossy scent. If you go testing scents, make sure you test He first, because while it stands out quite distinctly if tested first, I had extreme difficulty detecting it if it was the third or later that I tested.

Imagine a fairly muted version of 212 or Celine Homme, and you have Emporio He.
    Renato
    This is a good description of He.

In general, I think Armani fragrances are very good scents but they just do not have the strength or presence that I would usually like--I'm sure that is the intention of Armani. When I do want a lighter fragrance, there are other ones as good that do not cost as much.

thanks so much guys, I think its a go. One more question though- ive been looking around online, and I think I found it at scentiments, except the listing doesn't mention "He" at all.. is this it?
    http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...8C7U0N7AM84RP6

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    thanks so much guys, I think its a go. One more question though- ive been looking around online, and I think I found it at scentiments, except the listing doesn't mention "He" at all.. is this it?
    http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...8C7U0N7AM84RP6
    I think that is it. That is the bottle and I don't know of anything else that has that bottle. I think they left off the "HE" because it is listed under the male stuff anyway so it is implied that it is for him. It has the same notes of the Emporio he that I know so I would think that is it.

Verdict: yes

EnvYuS

I really like Armani scents, guess I'm just trailer trash here tho', hee! :-) Seriously, why are they so bashed? I think they smell nice. Because they aren't "artisinal"?

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    I really like Armani scents, guess I'm just trailer trash here tho', hee! *:-) *Seriously, why are they so bashed? *I think they smell nice. *Because they aren't "artisinal"?
    I don't remember Armani being particularly bashed here--they just aren't discussed much. If you want bashed, look to Hugo Boss and Liz Claiborne.

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus
    [quote author=sherrie11 link=1144939903/0#13 date=1144963245]I really like Armani scents, guess I'm just trailer trash here tho', hee! *:-) *Seriously, why are they so bashed? *I think they smell nice. *Because they aren't "artisinal"?
    I don't remember Armani being particularly bashed here--they just aren't discussed much. *If you want bashed, look to Hugo Boss and Liz Claiborne.[/quote]

indeed. The Basenotes hierarchy of Department Store Designers is an interesting thing. Liz Claiborne and Boss, as well as Kenneth Cole, tend to come off as/be regarded as "cheap" and "crappy" while Armani, and for that matter Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, seem to get underrepresented on Basenotes more because they are kinda "generic" and "common", which is less a sin than smelling cheap. They arent bad, they are just not syrikingly original, like YSLs tend to be and like niche scents all strive to be. I mean, there are plenty of unoriginal scents that are nonetheless very high-quality. Case in point: Green Irish Tweed.

Also, keep in mind Armani committed the Greatest Crime in the History of Fragrance Snobbery- unleashing Aqua di Gio like a plague upon us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    [quote author=foetidus link=1144939903/0#14 date=1144963687][quote author=sherrie11 link=1144939903/0#13 date=1144963245]I really like Armani scents, guess I'm just trailer trash here tho', hee! *:-) *Seriously, why are they so bashed? *I think they smell nice. *Because they aren't "artisinal"?
    I don't remember Armani being particularly bashed here--they just aren't discussed much. *If you want bashed, look to Hugo Boss and Liz Claiborne.[/quote]Also, keep in mind Armani committed the Greatest Crime in the History of Fragrance Snobbery- unleashing Aqua di Gio like a plague upon us all.[/quote]
    Now with THAT I wholeheartedly concur! :-)

Default Re: Emporio He & She question / pondering Armani

i just ran out of he and my mom has she... there both really great and I'd defenitly look into getting a bottle of he, i might rebuy

Emporio Armani She is a very nice and delicate scent - very feminine and powdery. It doesn't have as much floral like most woman's perfume, its won't overpower and has a very nice dry powdery smell.

Emporio Armani He is good! You have to try it for yourself, Renato describes it best - its like 212 and Celine. They belong to the mossy group which includes Fahrenheit, no it doesn't smells like Fahrenheit but it evoke the same feeling - sexy and classy in a modern stylish manner. I think L'Occitane 's Vetyver smells quite similar to Emporio Armani He, maybe even Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme.

Ok guys, the order has been placed. I can't wait to present the two bottles to my gf and take her out on an Emporio date. I'll post a review when I get the stuff.