Code of Conduct

Default Musc Ravageur (sp.)

Tried this today. Weird, hard to explain....

Somewhere in the middle of its evolution (yes it evolved quite a bit) it really resembled Gucci Envy.

Anyone else find this similarity?

Default Re: Musc Ravageur (sp.)

I do not see the connection. Gucci PH is a clean, straightforward woody scent while MR is more complex imho. I sense vanilla and spices on top of the musky base. Both are very nice scents though.

Arte et labore

haha, sorry i wrote gucci ph. I meant Envy and now modified the original post to that .

I think that one would probably wear MR in the same sorts of situations that one would wear Envy, so they are similar in that sense, but other than that they are pretty different to me. MR to me is a lot of vanilla and rubber, like a much stronger version of BB, but with some other things added like cinnamon and whatnot. The rubbery, almost gasolinish smell is very prominent to me, and makes it distinct, but I detect no such note in Envy. I personally think Envy kicks the crap out of MR.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    haha, sorry i wrote gucci ph. I meant Envy and now modified the original post to that .
    Puh! I thought it was a little bit over the top comparing those two.
    Arte et labore

I don`t see similarities with the two. Envy is all about ginger, nutmeg, sandalwood and vanillic insence, when MR is just powdery musk-vanilla with shades of cinnamon.
    Btw, I still think there is bit of civet in MR, although they don`t admit it.

And, I actually like Envy more - MR can be quite cloying, although it`s a quality scent without a doubt.

I find the drydown of Musc Ravageur to be extremely similar to the drydown of A*men, but without the chocolate note. With that being said, the top and middle notes of MR have a clashing citrus note that doesn't agree with me. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this one at all, despite my love for Oriental fragrances.