Code of Conduct

Default Are all citrusy/light fragrances short lived?

I cant think of one that lasts a long time that isnt heavy on the sillage or in your face rating (geir?)

Default Re: Are all citrusy/light fragrances short lived?

yes ;D

No, not neccesarily.

Monsieur Balmain is a long lasting lemony citrus frag that is very affordable. Check the reviews - lots of folks like it.

That is exactly what I was going to say! I have it and love it. It is a very strong citrus based fragrance. I can smell lemon and lemon balm and lots of lemon grass. It lasts all day. I found it on www.scentiments.com for about $15.

Quote Originally Posted by sqboy1
    No, not neccesarily.

Monsieur Balmain is a long lasting lemony citrus frag that is very affordable. *Check the reviews - lots of folks like it.
    Original or New?
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Well, I wore Trussardi Skin at work today (heavy work I might add) at I could still feel it on me when I got back home and it wasn't just the last remains of it, but found it quite potent. It is a nice and wet citrusy frag with a musk base (I'm still looking for that cedar everyone claims it has, but it must be well blended with something else because I don't really detect it).

I wore a sample of Tonatto Albi one day and it lasted very well. That has a good bit of citrus to it. It wasn't a very loud or strong scent at any point in the wearing, more of an "aura" type scent. It lasted long enough for me to put it on my wishlist.

The majority are short lived. But there is a minority that are long lived like D&G Masculine, Benetton Sport, Aqua di Portofino, Rochas Lui, Boucheron. *Eau de Rochas isn't as long lived as the latter ones, but lasts much longer and is good for about five hours, *which is much better than the typical 2 hour short lived ones.

Of course, the somewhat meatier citrus- woody scents like Chrome, Cerrutti 1881, Green Jeans are very long lived.
    Renato

L'Eau D'Issey pH - lemon, wood - lasts forever on me.

Heavy sillage and in-your-face-ness depends on how much you put on.

No not really, I'll second L'eau d'issey and check out Essenza Di Zegna and Givenchy Pour Homme (red bottle).

Sometimes I find that light frags are actually long lived. (i.e. Bulgari PH, Carven Vetiver, Vuntage Greenbriar, Habit Rouge EDC)

There are some citrus frags with decent duration out there: YSL PH, Moustache, and for me, Eau Sauvage. Eau Sauvage Extreme also has good duration, but is cloying if not judiciously sprayed. Equipage oversprayed turns into a long-lasting citrus. Issey and Pure Cedrat (similar frags IMO) last as well.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

It gets slammed, but it must be mentioned:

Acqua Di Gio.

It lasts all day, even in hot, mega-sweat weather.

The champion citrus for longevity in my stable is Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta.

If we're talking aquatics with a touch of citrus, Halston's Unbound has a very nice longevity.

Acqua di Parma Colonia has decent duration and smells fantastic.
    Colonia Assoluta has even longer duration and also smells good.

Issey Homme,

Armani PH,

Creed Neroli Sauvage,

Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

Biotherm Aquafitness, YSL Pour Homme, Givenchy Pour Monsieur, L` eau d`Issey, Boucheron Pour Homme

There are a few with decent duration:

GF by Geo F Trumper
    Crown Imperial by Crown Perfumery
    Sandringham by Crown Perfumery
    Colonia & Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    [quote author=sqboy1 link=1144796509/0#2 date=1144801174]No, not neccesarily.

Monsieur Balmain is a long lasting lemony citrus frag that is very affordable. *Check the reviews - lots of folks like it.
    Original or New?
    [/quote]

Sorry Lightninrod - was away all day. The new is what I have. Haven't tried the old.

I sampled Mona di Orio's Lux a few days ago. It started out as a perfect imitation of the cut through a fresh lemon. The top notes smelled exactly like lemon peel and was astonishingly well done and beautiful. Very deep and potent.
    I have only sampled it on fabric and I did not follow the scent for too long. My impression, and after what the very trustworthy SA told me, it holds the citrus note all through the progression.

Mona di Orio studied for the legendary Edmond Roudnitska, by the way.

It is damn expensive and gets quite mixed reviews on the perfume-smellin things blog, but it is defininately worth checking out.

Link to the review:

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...a-di-orio.html

Creed Orange Spice is fairly long lasting.
    -

Terre d'Hermes, though I'm not wild about it, had a citrus note that lasted a very long time on me. Check that thread for more info.

Trumper's GFT lasted well, but not super long. Their Sandalwood lasted longer and retained a citrusy quality throughout. After a few hours, it smelled very similar to GFT.

Monsieur - Givenchy
    YSL pour homme (and concentree)
    "
    Que buenos recuerdos"