Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill Blend 30

have two unopened bottles of Dunhill Blend 30... Was forgotten that I have them, are in the back of my wardrobe..
    Used by James Bond in one of the novels, written by John Gardner (after Ian Fleming)..Bond liked Blend 30 for its masculine scent..
    Just for information guys !

Default Re: Dunhill Blend 30

Hey Renzo, if you wanna swap/sell them, go ahead and list them in the marketplace...

Otherwise, tell us more about these! I've never heard of Blend 30! Sounds interesting!

marlen

Yeah, I would be interested to hear more about Blend 30 myself. I am big Dunhill fan (but relatively new to the brand).

Well, first of all, I have only one left unopend :-(( ..Have one in a wrapped in a plastic folie (so, sealed U can call it) and the other one without plastic..A third one I had allready wich was used..Now, yesterdayevening I mistook the not sealed new bottle and sprayed...I could kill myself, such a waste...but allwright...

Its quit hard to discribe the scent, because its so complex...I' d rather prefer refering to the directory here..All I can say is that it is a fresh, spicy scent, absolutely not to compare with the creations in the latest years...I do notice a slight resemblance with the original Dunhil (parts of...)..In a way, Bond had it wright, a highly masculine scent :-)

If there's one discontinued men's scent I mourn for, Dunhill Blend 30 is the one! Wish they would relaunch it.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Edition is another excellent one from Dunhill, Far from the miserable 3-4 latest launches.

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    If there's one discontinued men's scent I mourn for, Dunhill Blend 30 is the one! Wish they would relaunch it.
    WOW....all the raves....I must try this!

seems like I am the last person on earth who owns a sealed bottle of blend 30... The bid start at 100 dollar [smiley=lolk.gif]

It's not 'ultra' rare.. does occasionaly pop up on ebay. There was a large 200ml bottle unopened sold about 2 weeks ago for around $20 dollars. Was tempted to bid, but you never really know with these older discontinued scents how well they have aged, so I passed on this occasion.

200 ml.. ?? jeezzz..didn' know that it was available in that size...Was it original ?? In the early 90 ies, I wrote a litter to Dunhill, asking where I could find Blend 30... They kindly answered it was discontinued but that they were other fine Dunhill scents...
    Anyway, the 100 dollar bit was a joke guys ;-) ...
    but thanks for the info Ricardo

Awesome fragance,best Dunhill,you must try this...........

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Edition is another excellent one from Dunhill, Far from the miserable 3-4 latest launches.

MMM
    Yeah seriously, what happened to this house? I nominate Dunhill for "House that has come from the highest to fall most embarassingly low". Can anybody explain this to me? Can anybody proffer another house with such greats in the past and such wretched, vile dreck out today?

Wow!

Have long sprayed this long lasting stuff!!

Any bring-back-notices about this well and strooong fragrance?
    My ten favorites in September (fragrances alphabetical)

Blu di Provenza Pal Zileri Collezione Privata
    Cedre Ambré Pierre Cardin Collection
    Eau de Cologne of Turnball & Asser Penhaligon's
    Eau de France - Rue Rancé Rancé 1795
    Eau de Santal Floris
    Homme Marbert
    No. 88 Czech & Speake
    Pour Homme S.T. Dupont
    Royal Arms Diamond Edition Floris Private Collection
    The Dreamer Versace

I have a bottle of this for swap,juice in perfect condition,cap and box. For me is the green version of Patou Pour Homme.

for fans:creed vintage tabarome,antaeus,Patou Pour homme,...............master piece old school
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt

MMM
    Absolutely, Edition is the last good thing they did!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

it's the best fragance ever IMHO.

And find this treasure,awesome description

The Tribute goes on!

09.03.04 (Tuesday)
    SOTD: Blend 30 by Alfred Dunhill, 1978

This is one of the *FEW* Dunhill's scents that deserve to wear the name of Alfred Dunhill, IMO (just forget about those "blue x-centric desires&quot. This scent corresponds good with a good Dunhill pipe with Dunhill pipe tobacco and the style of a gentleman.

Starts out with fresh note of lavender and spice with some astringent quality. Typical citrus notes are not that prominent. This announces very cold character of the fragrance.
    The heart note is restrained - geranium and carnation on some woody background (more of a sandal note). Quite strong and sound dry spicy note.
    The base note is warmer (maybe due to ambery notes) but the main accord is a very dry leather decorated with some interesting freshness (of hay?) and sweetness (tonka?).

The whole composition feel is very Victorian English (as I imagine it) . A smart-looking army officer of that time in his late 40s. Returned back to Britain from India a couple of years ago and retired. Very proud and devoted warrior. Has austere style and severe temper.

It is one of the most formal scents I ever smelled. Couldn't find any similar fragrances (by accords). Nothing comes to mind. The whole character (not the scent) is somewhat similar to Guerlain's Derby.
    I use this at some very important moments at work, to strengthen "the core". Only Comme des Garcons EDP has the same effect on me, but compared to Blend30, it has more casual feel.

Regards, Odor.

ill tell you whats wrong with the house of Dunhill...they are now owned by P&G ... the company that turns everything it touches from gold to rock salt... they've been on a buying spree lately and i can see nothing but disaster for brands like D&G and Prada...

Blend 30,is a old school master piece in the same level of Patou Pour Homme
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
    Yeah seriously, what happened to this house? I nominate Dunhill for "House that has come from the highest to fall most embarassingly low". Can anybody explain this to me? Can anybody proffer another house with such greats in the past and such wretched, vile dreck out today?
    Alfred Dunhill of London Inc. was bought by one of the large "luxury brand" holding companies in the 1990s, and so lost its independence regarding product development (and quality control). Many of their products in recent years have been developed and marketed to respond to what is perceived as market demand and current cultural tastes: i.e., demands of uneducated (in good taste) young men with a focus on status rather than quality and authentic style. There is no longer a strong and individualistic hand at the tiller, unfortunately. It was a different company back int he day: when I lived in NYC in late 1970s and shopped at the Dunhill store in Rockefeller Center, I remember being given a "House Account" allowing me to merely sign my name upon making a purchase (no tacky plastic cards, of course, they had to know you personally); at the end of the month Dunhills would mail me a discreet hand-typed bill.

Regarding Blend 30: this was my favorite men's cologne of all time. I was living in San Francisco in the mid 1980s, and when I heard in 1986 that it was being discontinued, I rushed down to the Dunhill store just off Union Square to buy a bottle or two as a reserve. when I got there, I was told by a sheepish counter clerk that another regular customer had come in less than an hour before and bought out the store's entire remaining stock of six bottles. I was angry with the store for not putting a one- or two-bottle limit on purchases of Blend 30. But as for that greedy and selfish customer: well, I still have Mafia hit-men searching for him after all these years....

Quote Originally Posted by Hirondel View Post
    Alfred Dunhill of London Inc. was bought by one of the large "luxury brand" holding companies in the 1990s, and so lost its independence regarding product development (and quality control). Many of their products in recent years have been developed and marketed to respond to what is perceived as market demand and current cultural tastes: i.e., demands of uneducated (in good taste) young men with a focus on status rather than quality and authentic style. There is no longer a strong and individualistic hand at the tiller, unfortunately. It was a different company back int he day: when I lived in NYC in late 1970s and shopped at the Dunhill store in Rockefeller Center, I remember being given a "House Account" allowing me to merely sign my name upon making a purchase (no tacky plastic cards, of course, they had to know you personally); at the end of the month Dunhills would mail me a discreet hand-typed bill.

Regarding Blend 30: this was my favorite men's cologne of all time. I was living in San Francisco in the mid 1980s, and when I heard in 1986 that it was being discontinued, I rushed down to the Dunhill store just off Union Square to buy a bottle or two as a reserve. when I got there, I was told by a sheepish counter clerk that another regular customer had come in less than an hour before and bought out the store's entire remaining stock of six bottles. I was angry with the store for not putting a one- or two-bottle limit on purchases of Blend 30. But as for that greedy and selfish customer: well, I still have Mafia hit-men searching for him after all these years....
    what a great and tragic story

I have never smelled this scent and would also like them to bring it back to the world

is it really discontiued or just in limbo like helmut lang brand, and the relaunched aramis brand

*bump*

Anyone else's smelled this and wants to share their thoughts on this mythical and elusive juice?

I'm about to blind buy this, is this a good idea (it's not cheap!)? [*needs encouragement*]

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phibess View Post
    ....I'm about to blind buy this, is this a good idea (it's not cheap!)? [*needs encouragement*]
    For me, Dunhill Blend 30 is the best frag ever made. Positively ticked every box imaginable (except "subtle"). I wouldn't even think for a second before grabbing every available bottle! Go for it, phibess
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    For me, Dunhill Blend 30 is the best frag ever made. Positively ticked every box imaginable (except "subtle"). I wouldn't even think for a second before grabbing every available bottle! Go for it, phibess
    Thanks, perfaddict, you have quite a collection - you must know what the good stuff is and sure would not endorse any swill
    Ok, let's go for it then..