Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Quimbaya Homme by Jean Pascal

I just bought this scent, and I really think it's an unusually good find. Found it by accident; it came as a sample with a shipment of other stuff from Vijay (maisonstinky). I liked it so much I got a bottle.

It's very fresh and green. I can't find a pyramid for it anywhere, but my nose tells me some citrus, some yerba mate, some green leaves, some light (South American?) florals that i can't easily place, some spice, perhaps ginger. It develops very nicely on my skin, and gets a little warmer as it dries down. This is going to be great for warm weather.

It comes from a fashion designer in Bogotá, Colombia, Jean-Pascal Décaillet. I don't think you'll find everybody on the street in the U. S. wearing this one. They also make another men's fragrance called simply Jean Pascal. It's spicier, with a hint of leather, and more of a cool-weather scent, maybe more suitable for an evening out.

The Quimbaya comes in a Femme version, beautiful with a prominent white ginger note.

BTW, the Quimbaya were an indigenous people of Colombia in the period from about 300-1550 A.D. They were incredible goldsmiths, producing beautiful work using the lost wax method of gold casting. If you want to see some of their exceptional goldsmithing, google Quimbaya in your web browser. The best sites are in Spanish, but the pictures are easy to understand!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Default Re: Quimbaya Homme by Jean Pascal

Love it also. Bought the big bottle. Will do a in depth review soon.

MMM

Want to thank Jaimeb and Monkeymanmatt for the post.

You are right JaimeB about the history of Quimbaya people. Pascal named the cologne and the perfume after them. The shape of both bottles is similar to what the Quimbaya people used to carry with them, except the bottle was pure gold (no juice though * ). *

According to what Jean Pascal told me, the gold bottle is still displayed in the museum in Bogota.

By the way Jean Pascal is originally from Switzerland, but settled in Bogota, Colombia. He married a beautiful lady named Helena Quintana who designs the women's clothing line under Jean Pascal's Banner. His youngest daughter Veronique studied Clothes designing in Milan Italy, and now is back in Bogota and has now got her lingerie line under Jean Pascal's banner.

Jean Pascal himself is a clothes designer and is well known in many parts of South America.

If you want to know the pyramid of his scents they are in a thread that Griff started in the middle of February, after he received the original Jean Pascal cologne from me. The pyramids are listed in reply # 7 under that thread.

If anybody wants to sample the Quimbaya Homme, or Quimbaya Femme or the original Jean Pascal cologne, click on my profile and send me an email with your address and I will mail it out. (Yes they are free).

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

agreed, its great. Vijay sent me three samples with my last order. I kept one and included the other two in out-going swaps to further spread the word about this really outstanding stuff.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    Want to thank Jaimeb and Monkeymanmatt for the post.
    (... snip ...)

If you want to know the pyramid of his scents they are in a thread that Griff started in the middle of February, after he received the original Jean Pascal cologne from me. The pyramids are listed in reply # 7.

(... snip ...)
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    and here's what you listed, Vijay:

"The men’s version of * QUIMBAYA * highlights *the * features * of * current *active men, boasting great masculinity and sensuality. This fragrance starts with a *vigorous *blast *of citric tones, with a romantic chord of rosemary and thyme, * further *transcending *into *a combination of violets and clove, with a slight touch of *lavender *and musk, all of which is the result of the creativity of one of the most *famous *scent *houses *in *the world. * An inspiration injecting mysticism into sensuality that goes beyond the senses, finely packed in a most precious indigenous crystal vase.

"Quimbaya *for *women is a * modern * creation * fraught * with * vigor, *its outgoing notes combining the freshness *of *tangerine, *blackcurrant * and *pear, * emphasizing * the *great opulence of mango *with a subtlest *flower bouquet *and magnolia, *jasmine, *mimosa and violet highlights, all of which contributes to the mixture a tremendously exotic permanent touch. *The ideal *description of this *vivacious and leading-edge fragrance is the very joy of living."
    Well, at least I was right about the citrus, green notes, and flowers; wrong about the yerba mate (though it is green, anyway), and the ginger. Maybe they're just not listing all the notes.

For the Femme, I still think there's some white ginger lurking in there ("... a subtlest flower bouquet and ...&quot although the combination of other florals might have beguiled my nose.

Well, I gave it my best shot; I suppose you guys will never trust me to analyze a scent again without the pyramid right in front of my nose, and my reading glasses perched firmly on it...

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Trust me JaimeB we trust your views , the notes I listed were what was given to me by the Jean Pascal house.

I am not as good as you or most of the basenoters that can detect the sublte notes of different things, so you may be right they do not list all of the things that are in the pyramid.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I liked it too. Thanks Vijay. But, I have not been able to find. I've done the Google route but to no avil.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula
    I liked it too. Thanks Vijay. But, I have not been able to find. I've done the Google route but to no avil.
    Any suggestions?
    I did a google search like Jaimeb suggested

Two sites that I went to (all about their culture) were in English.

http://www.webcolombia.com/oro/Quimbaya.htm

http://archaeology.about.com/od/qterms/g/quimbaya.htm

Is this what you were looking for ??

Vijay
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

[Is this what you were looking for ??]

No. * I would like info on purchasing Homme and Femme *

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula
    [Is this what you were looking for ??]

No. * I would like info on purchasing Homme and Femme *
    emailed you

Vijay.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Anybody purchased & used Quimbaya recently ?
    Im curious to get some feedback before adding it to my want list & buying it blind .
    It definately sounds very very intriguing !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

It is a great scent that my wife loves on me. Reminiscent of several others, including Fahrenheit.

Vijay is a fantastic guy
    Alas, I didn't find Quimbaya so fantastic. Yes, the comparison to Fahrenheit is obvious, the very first second it came to my mind. It's too sharp for my taste, and it didn't settle into something smoother.

But Jean Pascal PH IS a really great scent.