Code of Conduct

Default Geir owners, I have a question

Ive received my geir 2 days ago.(vijay took care of me.what's up maisonstinky). Anywayz the weather here right now is in the low 70s. Its ok right now. Does it perform better in warmer weather, or do I need to apply more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Geir owners, I have a question

It is a EDP so it is really strong no matter what. I find that it doesn't fade and last forever. I don't think you really need to add much more. I wear only 4 spray max. I still get a little too much in my nose sometimes. You don't need to add more IMO. You should be good with the regular amount...

Shout out to Vijay. King of Geir!!

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    It is a EDP so it is really strong no matter what. I find that it doesn't fade and last forever. I don't think you really need to add much more. I wear only 4 spray max. I still get a little too much in my nose sometimes. You don't need to add more IMO. You should be good with the regular amount...

Shout out to Vijay. King of Geir!!

No No EnvYus---I mean Bruce . I am just a humble retailer, that likes to take care of my basenote brothers and sisters.

God we need to plan a basenote convention, where all of us could gather and chat face to face. I feel like I know so many people in here. It would be nice to see everybody.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Post Thanks / Like

"Shout out to Vijay. King of Geir!!"

V does more than "Geir" ;D. Great retailer for sure!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

having done some biz with vijay i can also add my testimony too..."maison de parfum" is a top shelf enterprise and Vijay is a stand up guy also...i highly recommend getting in touch with him for stuff... geir will be my next purchase from him soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by flee
    Ive received my geir 2 days ago.(vijay took care of me.what's up maisonstinky). Anywayz the weather here right now is in the low 70s. Its ok right now. Does it perform better in warmer weather, or do I need to apply more?
    Beware! Geir is a light oriental that confuses you into believing it is a fresh scent. It becomes worse in warm weather, apply more and it will be cloying.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I agree with Sentient. Warm weather brings out the cloying heavyness of Geir.

Geir walks lightly but carries a heavy stick. Just like Bacardi 151. Smooth for two shots (sprays). Any more and you'll find yourself dizzy.

Use caution in applying Geir. It gets stronger as the day goes on, contrary to what happens with most fragrances, probably from it being and EDP and having a vanilla base. I'd go light in wearing this one regardless of the weather.

One time I put on a bit too much. I was fine in the morning, thought I had an OK amount on. In the middle of the afternoon, I thought I was going to throw up. :-[ It is an excellent fragrance, but please be careful with it.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Thanks for the info

I just ordered a decant of Geir. I've read all the reviews and some older posts. Still hard to know what to expect out of this one. I can't wait to try it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Use caution in applying Geir. It gets stronger as the day goes on, contrary to what happens with most fragrances, probably from it being and EDP and having a vanilla base. I'd go light in wearing this one regardless of the weather.K
    I just received a decant of Geir and i've found the exact opposite to be true. Yes, it is strong and it lasts, but I hardly notice it after a few hours. If i concentrate on it, it's clearly there, but my nose gets used to it extremely quickly. It's still probably a good idea to apply less (3 sprays max) just because of the strength...less is more with almost any scent.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    [quote author=Vicomte de K link=1144436333/0#7 date=1144510315]Use caution in applying Geir. It gets stronger as the day goes on, contrary to what happens with most fragrances, probably from it being and EDP and having a vanilla base. I'd go light in wearing this one regardless of the weather.K
    I just received a decant of Geir and i've found the exact opposite to be true. *Yes, it is strong and it lasts, but I hardly notice it after a few hours. *If i concentrate on it, it's clearly there, but my nose gets used to it extremely quickly. *It's still probably a good idea to apply less (3 sprays max) just because of the strength...less is more with almost any scent. *
    [/quote]

Geir hits you in the nose like a brick hits you in the face, its aggressive strong burst is overwhelming, on par with some heavy orientals. No doubt it truly is EDP strength. The stronger it is the quicker you'll get used to it. However i do get subtle whiffs of it throughout the day, the scent that stained on the shirt is quite pleasant. Even though you dont smell it i'm pretty sure it's very much noticeable to the people around you, and if not careful they'd drop like flies.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

I actually did a little test when I first started wearing Geir where I gave myself two sprays in the morning and asked my friends throughout the day whether they could still smell it.... they still could over six hours later, even though I couldn't at that point. So just because you don't smell it doesn't mean that others cant, it's surprisingly powerful and long-lasting.

Bottom line, for me more than two sprays is overpowering in any temperature.