Code of Conduct

Default A little help for a old member... :-)

Hello!

Itīs been a very long time since I last posted here and I would like to send my greetings to the old members from my days of fragrance addiction... :-)

After some months addicted to this great forum I got a wardrobe fullof fragrances(and I really mean it!), and time proved I had more than I could ever wear... I sold many of them but still keep a good number of fragrances. Only the ones that survived the test of time.

However, as we are never satisfied, the truth is that after more than an year without buying fragrances, and even owning plenty of bottles to choose every day, I became sort of tired and lost some of that excitement that I had in the past when wearing or choosing a fragrance. Truth is that in the past sometimes my days were brighter only because I had all that excitement when choosing or wearing a new fragrance.

Sadly, after breaking up with my girlfriend I had to stay more than an year very far from my beloved PASSAGE DīENFER, because I would always use that scent when we were together and it became sort of sad to me. It is a terrible thing to happen to one of the most rare and expensive scents in oneīs collection. So, accept my suggestion and never wear your most prized scents with your girlfriends because if later you brake up, the scents may become cursed... lol...

Anyway, I decided to buy fragrances again( and this time I hope I donīt develop an addcition again... lol...).

The problem is that after so many time far from this place, I realized I was totally lost in the world of fragrances. There are lots of new fragrances around and I know nothing about them. From the few ones I tried recently, I must say I liked ARMANI CITY GLAM,as something "fresh" that I would happily use casually. And VERY IRRESISTIBLE for MEN is being sold for an almost irresistible price and it is the kind a fragrance that I donīt own, so it would be nice to try something new.

Also, I went to "hunt" the small shops, where sometimes I would find something cheap, and I discovered a place where they have EAU DE CARON PURE, EAU DE CARON FORTE and EAU DE CARON FRAICHE. And theu have a very attractive price. Quite cheap, for brazilian standards. I remember the Eau de Caron Pure smelled a bit of Passion Fruit, but have no idea about the FORTE and the FRAICHE. So, which EAU DE CARON would you recommed as the most wearable or interesting? Would it make sense to own two of them or they are two similar to make suck a purchase.

What about the new mainstream scents. Anything THAT special that I should know about and go after?

Thanks a lot for any help and greeting from Brazil to everybody!

Default Re: A little help for a old member... :-)

Very Irresistible is one of my favorite scents. The top notes of this one are a somewhat harsh blend of green notes
    that to me is dominated by the grapefruit. It quickly progresses to the dry down however which is a very rich blend of mocha,
    chocolate, mint, and woody notes.

Make sure you try it on your skin since it seems to clash with some people.

Hey, welcome back Trezzbr! It does seem like forever since I saw you around these parts. Can't really say much about new mainstream scents but I just wanted to welcome you back.

Regards,

Indie Guy

Welcome back.
    You haven't missed much.
    Everyone's designer favourite in the last year has been Rive Gauche - and I'm still trying to figure out why (I even bought a bottle of it, and I still can't fathom it).
    Most new releases have been on the light, tame, inoffensive side. There have been a few exceptions e.g L'Instant Geurlain, John Varatavos, Azzaro's Silver Black - but I wasn't enthused enough to buy them.
    Renato

Welcome back, Trezzbr!

If you like fresh, fruity fragrances, give a try to Eau Forte which I prefer to Eau Pure and Eau Fraiche. It's a mix of blaccurrant, orange, grapefruit and apple.

Hello there Indie and Renato. Itīs good to meet you guys again. If you have been buying fragrances all the time I have been away I can only imagine the size of your wardrobes... :-)

Iggy,

Currently I am between Eau Forte and Eau Fraiche. Do you think it would make any sense to own both? Or they are not that special for such a behavior, even if they are cheap priced.

Eidolon,

I will more tests with Very Irresistible. It has an attractive price and I donīt own any similar scent right now. It seemed long-lasting on me, but I will stilll make one or two skin tests before I make a decision.

Thanks a lot for the help and if anybody has further info on the Eaux de Caron, I am all ears!

Trezbrr,

Uh... difficult, but: Eau Fraiche is not for my skin/chemistry. It disappears so quickly! I think, I could wear a half bottle a day in Brazil :-) . If you have the possibility, try it first on your skin.

Hello, Trezz!

It's a pleasure to have you here again!
    Yesterday, I was thinking about writing a thread: "How many Brazilian people are here?"
    Cool, Now i

Hello, Trezz!

It's a pleasure to have you here again!
    Yesterday, I was thinking about writing a thread: "How many Brazilian people are here?"
    Cool, Now I'm not so alone!

Welcome back, pal!

Hello there Rcavs! Nice to see you again. Hopefully we will exchange some tips about fragrances in Brazil.

YOu might want to try Dior - Homme.

It pretty unique, classy and easy to wear.

Make sure you smell it on your skin, it smells a lot different on paper, even more so than most scents.