Code of Conduct

Default Are there any giant sleepers at the moment??

I wonder.

You see, correct me if I`m wrong, but I understand that for instance MKK have found it`s place in connoisseurs hearts only in past two years, or so. And it was launched already in 1998.

As we know, now it`s the one in everybodys minds, and at least I get the feeling that no collection would be complete without it.

I was thinking, are there anything spectacular at the moment, which has been probably already released a while ago, and that has not YET arisen.
    Any scents, that will be discussed excitedly in future?? I know it`s hard to predict, but do you have an opinion??

Default Re: Are there any giant sleepers at the moment??

pardon my ignorance, I am terrible with acronyms who is MKK?

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    pardon my ignorance, I am terrible with acronyms who is MKK?
    Mmmm... You seem not have studied....
    Did you do your homework for today?

MKK = Muscs Koublaï Khän

For this time you're justified, next time you'll be spanked... ;D ;D ;D

lesson learned Magnifiscent *;D!

I personally liked IL PROFUMO Nymphea for women
    (my girlfriend ordered a sample of this) OMG this was one of the best feminine scents I ever smelled, beautifully tropical, creamy, dreamy, floral!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I became a Basenoter last summer and didn't hear ANYTHING about Eternity Summer!!! I heard loads about CK1 summer, but not Eternity Summer. I'm still not sure if the version in stores is a 2006 edition or if it's the same juice from 2005. The SA @ the Jones Store where I got it says it's a "version of last summer's Eternity Summer." But I can't fully put my trust in that because it was the same lady that had described Tommy Bahama as a "brand new fragrance." But anyway, I think Eternity Summer is AWESOME and I really can't wait to wear this in warmer weather! I know most seasonal editions of frags are usually frowned upon, but I think this one is exceptional.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a few for size:

• All the Truefitt & Hill frags
    • Luciano Soprani Uomo
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I became a Basenoter last summer and didn't hear ANYTHING about Eternity Summer!!! *I heard loads about CK1 summer, but not Eternity Summer. *I'm still not sure if the version in stores is a 2006 edition or if it's the same juice from 2005. *The SA @ the Jones Store where I got it says it's a "version of last summer's Eternity Summer." But I can't fully put my trust in that because it was the same lady that had described Tommy Bahama as a "brand new fragrance." *But anyway, I think Eternity Summer is AWESOME and I really can't wait to wear this in warmer weather! *I know most seasonal editions of frags are usually frowned upon, but I think this one is exceptional.
    I remember to have smelled ES last summer and, as I re-smelled it last week, I can say it seems exactly the same juice. IMHO it's not bad, fresh and plain, but not that breathtaking jewel of of perfumery...

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I became a Basenoter last summer and didn't hear ANYTHING about Eternity Summer!!! *I heard loads about CK1 summer, but not Eternity Summer. *I'm still not sure if the version in stores is a 2006 edition or if it's the same juice from 2005. *The SA @ the Jones Store where I got it says it's a "version of last summer's Eternity Summer." But I can't fully put my trust in that because it was the same lady that had described Tommy Bahama as a "brand new fragrance." *But anyway, I think Eternity Summer is AWESOME and I really can't wait to wear this in warmer weather! *I know most seasonal editions of frags are usually frowned upon, but I think this one is exceptional.
    I tested it last year, it was so bland and I don't think it is worth mentioning at all, but tastes are different...oh well

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the L'artisan frags that are often mentioned here (Dzing!, Voleur de Roses, Tea for Two, etc.) I often wonder why Bois Farine is hardly ever discussed. It's the most unique and intriguing from L'artisan IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Of all the L'artisan frags that are often mentioned here (Dzing!, Voleur de Roses, Tea for Two, etc.) I often wonder why Bois Farine is hardly ever discussed. It's the most unique and intriguing from L'artisan IMO.
    I agree that the L'Artisan will get more air time. They have Leu 'Absinth coming out and the new Bois Farne (peanut butter). I think this house as a whole will start to become more popular and have more press. It is only my favorite house so I'm looking forward to this happening.

Bruce...

My understanding is that not a lot of Basenoters have had the opportunity to try M7 Fresh , save for a lucky few who have all pretty much sang it's praises. I know from first hand experience that is only available from one online store in the UK and from hearsay have heard that it is pretty much impossible to get in the US. If more people had the opportunity to buy the stuff then I can really see it hitting the ground running because it is a quality juice.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add Diptyque to the list of houses that likely harbor a few giant sleepers. I recently visited their boutique on Maiden Lane in San Francisco and was astounded by their range, quality, and uniqueness.

Jeff

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

I myself have been thinking that it could be some sort of perfume oil which will come through. You know, there are many totally unknown oil manufactures at the moment, who make high quality perfume oils and therefore could have already produced something exceptional and irresistible.

Or, is it the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, which will eventually come in general fashion?? :-?

Tonatto, Micallef, Parfum d'Empire, and Ormonde Jayne have quality stuff and don't seem to get a lot of air time around here. I can't speak to how popular they are in the larger marketplace though...