Code of Conduct

Default Serious Question

I don't think I've seen a post like this before, so I'll go ahead and start one.

Take a look at my wardrobe.

What scent do you think is the best to wear while giving really bad news (on the order of serious breakup, death, etc.)? I'm not going to get into my personal life, but there is some bad news I need to give, and while of course I'm not going to do it wearing something like Reaction, I'd like your advice. There is a girl involved, if that makes any difference.

I was thinking Bulgari. What do you think?

If I don't have anything appropriate, feel free to make other suggestions. I won't be able to wear it unless it's readily available, though (Midwest USA).

I appreciate your help.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Serious Question

I don't think you should wear any scent. It would be terrible if someone associates the bad news with the scent, so that everytime he/she smelled it in the future would bring back bad memories. Maybe you should just go scentless that day. My 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Ben,

I hate having bad times and bad news is the worst. I would go with something that isn't attractive so much. That way it is just goes with what you are saying.

I pick: Drakkar Noir, M7, or Jovan Musc. Those are less appreciated by women and I think it would match the mood and the situation just fine. If it gets too hard then just go naked. Don't wear a smell. You don't want to have "what to wear" as one of your problems when you seem to be having others. Go with what seems right...
    Good luck. I hope it goes well for the both of you...

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Van Cleef and Arpels pour homme by Van Cleef. This fragrance is most suited for very formal/solemn occasions.
    -

Sorry for you regarding the tough situation. I would go bareback so there is no emotional connection with any frag and get it over quickly and kindly.
    Peace ~ Markymark

I appreciate the quick responses.

I think I will take your advice and forego any fragrance. That Van Cleef does sound intriguing, though, and I'll check up on it.

Now that that's settled, I think this would be a good thread to keep discussing this topic in general. These serious moments seem to pop up when you least expect them (or maybe not). It's good to put some thought into this before the fact.
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that its important to focus on the event itself, I dont think theres anything wrong with asking advice on what frag to wear to the serious event (provided the frag doesnt become the focus itself). Its just like how there are rules on how to dress when attending a funeral, or any event for that matter.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    I don't think you should wear any scent. It would be terrible if someone associates the bad news with the scent, so that everytime he/she smelled it in the future would bring back bad memories. Maybe you should just go scentless that day. My 2 cents.

Last time when i knew i had to break some bad news i chose Unforgivable to wear that day...

I agree with ChirsW.
    There is no Nose....

I agree with ChirsW too.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"