Code of Conduct

Default Gendarme or Gendarme Green

I have never sampled the green version. I am about to restock up on gendarme next week and was wondering if green was better by any measure? If anyone has sampled both, please offer us your opinion. Thanks!

Default Re: Gendarme or Gendarme Green

This is an absolute no-brainer. *The original Gendarme is quite brilliant, while Gendarme Green is really*pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    This is an absolute no-brainer. *The original Gendarme is quite brilliant, while Gendarme Green is really*pathetic.
    Thanks Rockford!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    This is an absolute no-brainer. The original Gendarme is quite brilliant, while Gendarme Green is really pathetic.

?? I completely disagree. Both are must haves IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I have never sampled the green version. I am about to restock up on gendarme next week and was wondering if green was better by any measure? If anyone has sampled both, please offer us your opinion. Thanks!
    I'm not voting here since I haven't tried Gendarme Green yet, but I have tried Gendarme and Gendarme V. I'm personally choosing the original over the civet filled (for me, it smelled like it was filled to the brim, unfortunately) Gendarme V, but maybe you could consider it an option? I haven't tried Gendarme 20 either, but will make sure to order decants of all Gendarme scents now unknown to me. I love their concept, it really works for me, even though obviously not all their scents do...

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    ?? I completely disagree. *Both are must haves IMHO.
    I agree with this 100%. I own both and think they are both fantastic. The original ... just speaks for itself. It's great. Gendarme Green, to my nose, is the least "gendarme like", as many of the others are ( Gendarme V, Mojo, etc .. ). It's probably the least soapy of them all ... yet you still get the feel of the original, only with the added "greenness". Very fresh and I think it would be a great summer frag, as with the original.

It would be impossible for me to choose between these two. Have to have both.