Code of Conduct

Default Diptyque candles

I'm definitely going for two Diptyque candles now. Think it's going to be SANTAL and CYPRES. Santal, I've been told is quite the same like TamDao.

Anyone familiar with Diptyque candles? Favourites?
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Diptyque candles

Did you get the candles? If so, did you like them?

My favorite diptypque right now is:

essence of JOHN GALLIANO. Love it!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I know the room spray, which I totally love, but not the candle...

Diptyque makes fabulous fragrances for the body, but I honestly think that their most outstanding products are their scented candles.

My favorite Diptyque scented candle is Baies, which has the same note of roses and black currants as their body fragrance L'Ombre dans L'Eau.

Love the John Galliano and the Baies candles; Feu de Bois is also fantastic!

Ha,

I've been looking for fun on eBay germany for Diptyque candles for some months now. There are four brand new candles I own at the moment: Feuilles de Lavande (Lavender), Cypres, Santal and Pomander. Believe it or not, if I see another one for cheap I'm gonna buy it as well. And believe it or not 'till this day I haven't burnt one single drop of a Diptyque candle!
    Why?
    I have dozens of Yankee candle samplers and wax tarts, also dozens of essential oils and room sprays, I haven't tried a Diptyque candle yet. I'm looking forward to it though, but the moment has to be unique you know, kind of important ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    Ha,

I've been looking for fun on eBay germany for Diptyque candles for some months now. There are four brand new candles I own at the moment: Feuilles de Lavande (Lavender), Cypres, Santal and Pomander. Believe it or not, if I see another one for cheap I'm gonna buy it as well. And believe it or not 'till this day I haven't burnt one single drop of a Diptyque candle!
    Why?
    I have dozens of Yankee candle samplers and wax tarts, also dozens of essential oils and room sprays, I haven't tried a Diptyque candle yet. I'm looking forward to it though, but the moment has to be unique you know, kind of important ....
    IF you wait any longer I think you are going to miss that moment

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    IF you wait any longer I think you are going to miss that moment
    You're right. Probably my life is too boring at the moment.

Probably I just burn one tomorrow for the sake of it ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Love Diptyque candles.

Santal
    Cedre
    Opopanax
    Lillas
    Bois des Fleu
    I really believe with candles you get what you pay for.
    DONNA

Smile Re: Diptyque candles

i love diptique candles. my favorite is violette. i also enjoy the baies and lavander.

I love Baies and John Galliano but I will not purchase them anymore. I read on another board that they seem to have changed the formulation and not for the better. I read they now have much less throw.
    I met with a group of frag hags at a get-together hosted by Beauty Habit in Thousand Oaks and some of the ladies were buying John Galliano and Baies candles and I mentioned what I read. They bought them anyway because they'd used them before and had been delighted with them. In October I met with a somewhat different different group of fragrance lovers in Malibu and one of them happened to have bought a Diptyque candle (I forget if it was Baies or John Galliano) at Beauty Habit when we were there and she told me the candle had ZERO throw, just nothing but a pretty light. She called Beauty Habit and they couldn't have been nicer to her. They sent her a candle in a different scent and did not require that she return the first one.
    I hope your candle is good and look forward to hearing how you like it. Hopefully, the distributor purchased it before the formulas were changed.
    ~Karen

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that Karen! I was just about to try these but now that they're apparantly a whole lot less unattractive, I'm not so sure.. By the way, impressive wardrobe you have there. Any chance of pictures?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that Karen! I was just about to try these but now that they're apparantly a whole lot less unattractive, I'm not so sure.. By the way, impressive wardrobe you have there. Any chance of pictures?
    Thank you! I now have a a digital camera but I don't have any shelves to use for a group shot, so to speak. I most of my bottles in their boxes and in drawers. It's really a shame since some are very pretty. But, I just don't have the space to display them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman
    Thank you! I now have a a digital camera but I don't have any shelves to use for a group shot, so to speak. I most of my bottles in their boxes and in drawers. It's really a shame since some are very pretty. But, I just don't have the space to display them properly.
    Too bad but thanks anyway! It sure must take up a lot of space. Are any of you familiar with candles that have good throw for larger area's (living rooms)?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    Too bad but thanks anyway! It sure must take up a lot of space. Are any of you familiar with candles that have good throw for larger area's (living rooms)?
    My favorite candle right now is Wenge from Donna Karan. It is available at Neiman Marcus but I got mine for a little over half the outrageous price on eBay. I do not know the weight but it measures about 6x6x3 1/2 inches. I'm guessing at the height since it has burned down considerably. This is without a doubt, the most highly scented candle I've ever used. The smell is amazing: mostly wenge wood of course and a little jasmine and some incense. I don't even have to light this thing; the minute I step into the room where it is placed, I can smell it. When lit, it fills ALL my rooms within about 15 minutes with a resinous, woody aroma.
    Another great candle is New Haarlem from Bond No 9. The throw very good, enough to fill a large room, and the candle itself is beautiful. If you call Bond in New York and mention MUA, they will give you a discount and ship free. I think BeautyCafe offers them at a discount with the code MUA too.
    If you want something much more reasonable, there is a candle called Sugared Spruce available from http://www.candlesbyvictoria.com/. It burns clean and evenly all the way down and the throw is excellent. The scent reminds me of one of the BURN candles: Sugar Balsam Wood. BURN's Hinoki Incense is nice too, but I'm not sure if they are worth the price anymore.
    I stocked up on Henri Bendel's Orange Spice candles before they were discontinued. Even though I've had them for two years, they still smell great. Sometimes you can find them on eBay. His Amber candle is good too but the throw isn't quite as good as Orange Spice.
    I have a couple candles from CdG in reserve: Kyoto and Harissa. These are new to me and I'll let you know what they are like after I burn them. Same with Tocca's Stella candles. These all smell really good in their boxes though and I can barely wait to fire them up.

I bought "Baies" and "John Galliano".

Baies pleases me very well, but the John Galliano is disgustingly.

The Galliano smells not luxury, what i have expected from a great designer.
    The scent is absolutely not my taste, the scent reminds me on sticky fingers, which you get when you eat up an Mc Rib from McD.
    The whole scent to me ist BBQ sauce, Herbs and burned paper in a mix.
    terrible - i had paid 43 Eur for this here in Germany, harm around that money..

this is my opinion to this.

i can´t understand who creates such a muck, and get money for that.
    Next time i´ll go and buy my YC´s further.

Why does nobody makes a candle scent like Angel Men (no Angel for woman, this one is already on the market) and Chanel COCO Scent or Mademoiselle.
    This Scents are luxury not Herbs with BBQ Scent and birchwoodfire.

rgds

ML

Quote Originally Posted by lilybp
    Love the John Galliano and the Baies candles; Feu de Bois is also fantastic!
    Does the Feu de Bois really smell like firewood? I'm really wanting that one.

Finally my first Diptyque candle is burning. I've chosen Cyprès to be the first one. Considering the price I'm not really hooked on this one. It takes around one hour until my room is well scented and the scent lingers for another hour. The smell reminds me of a forest. I know it's a rather new candle, the intensity of the smell wasn't great when unlit.
    I also own Figuier, Pomander, Feuille de Lavande and Santal. Santal is quite faint as well unlit, but all others are extremely potent fragrance wise. The figuier candle I'm looking foreward to most. It's an old box and "old formulation" candle. Very, very potent smell unlit.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I have Diptyques Pomander burning now and it fills a bedroom with scent.
    Described as Orange flower and cinnamon, the cinnamon is gorgeous.