Code of Conduct

Default New, want recommendations for Spring/Summer.

Hi everyone. *I have looked around a read these boards for quite a while now but this is my first time posting. *I will be 15 in 2 weeks. *I am looking for a new fragrence to get to wear in spring and summer. *I want something this is nice and not too strong. *Something that girls will like and preferably something that i can wear while playing sports since i play a lot of sports. *Also something that is not too expensive would be prefered (under around $75 CDN)

Here is what i currently own:
    D&G PH - I like it alot however i have to be in the mood to wear it. *Sometimes it is just too strong for me.
    Swiss Army Altitude - Got 30mL bottle of it for $10. *I don't really like it that much.
    Diesel Plus Plus - I like this one quite a bit as well.
    Hugo Boss in Motion (orange) - I used to love it when i got it at first. *Now though i can't wear it more then 2 days in a row and it just isn't that great.
    DKNY Be Delicious - This is mostly my brothers but i wear it from time to time. *It is alright but there is something in there that smells kind of sharp to me and i don't like that.

I also got samples of Lacoste Essential and Tommy Hilfigure True Star about 2 weeks ago. *True star is alright but there is a note that smells a bit metallic like to me that i don't like. *With Essential i just can't make up my mind on whether i like it or not.

Some things i know i don't like:
    Chrome - Not sure what it is about it but i just don't like. Its also a bit too strong when i tried it on the tester cards.
    Burberry Weekend - Smells like soap to me and its too plain.
    Coolwater - Again not sure what it is but i don't like it. *Might have to try it again though because the tester i tried from might have been old.
    ADG - I like it but it doesn't work on me. It turns kinda sour on my skin.

I hope that can help you guys give me some good recommendations of fragrences i can try next time i go to the mall/fragrence outlet(have one pretty close to me in Toronto). *Also a fragrence that i absolutly love is Burberry Brit i am not sure if it would work as a summer fragrence here in Toronto as it can get really hot (over 30 degrees C) in the summer.

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: New, want recommendations for Spring/Summer.

Welcome, Kferrari,

Looking at your likes and dislikes, I would recommed you try Bulgari Pour Homme. Guaranteed good for the summer heat if you like it.

I too love Brit (awesome longevity) and have been thinking of buying it. *A fellow Basenoter lives in Singapore and he wears it a lot and says it does well in their hot climate. *But if you like, you should get it.

L'Instant does well in hot weather too - lovely frag! * *
    Peace ~ Markymark

One Word and I guarantee your youthfull happiness, Curve by Liz Claiborne

it will do all the above for you, the only thing is after 4 hours you will have to reapply

YSL Live Jazz. It took a little getting used to, but it's one of the most unique citrus scents out there. Woods and rhubarb (!) and little vanilla in the background, but still refreshing. Definitely more to it than those bandwagon fresh-and-nothing-else scents you listed.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

If you like Brit, try Emporio Armani Night, along the same lines but I think it's more wearable in the summer.

Also try:

Haltson Unbound
    Essenza Di Zegna
    Givenchy Pour Homme (Red bottle)
    Geir
    Emporio Armani White

Easy to find:

Live Jazz
    Chrome
    Kouros Cologne Sport
    Bulgari Aqua
    Blu Notte pH
    Coot Watter
    Tommy T
    Marc Jacobs
    Faconable
    Eau Sauvage

Those are all reasonably priced and you'll find them in department stores...

WELCOME and Good luck!

for a youthful yet sporty appeal stick with fresher kinds, I would suggest you try

Davidoff Game, it is brand new with a sporty appeal, very fresh but not sour (plus you can always say I've got Game)

or

Davidoff Good Life, give it a try, you might like it. this one is also fresh, green + a bit of spice, as I can tell you like spicier colognes

L'Eau Blue d'Issey!.... unique, gorgeous! 8-)

Blog Entries

Thierry Mugler Cologne!!!! And I agree w/ the Curve suggestion as well. You also might want to try Kenneth Cole Reaction and Clinique Happy.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I just bought Gai Mattiolo Uomo, bought it on the spot! Gorgeous! Try it, and for the price, it can't be beat.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Daytime:
    -----------
    YSL M7 Fresh
    YSL Kouros Cologne Sport
    YSL Live Jazz
    Essenza di Zegna
    Bvlgari Aqua
    Chanel Allure homme Sport
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Millesime Imperiale
    Creed Neroli Sauvage
    D&V Masculine

Nighttime:
    -----------
    Hugo Boss Baldessarini
    Guerlain L'Instant
    Chanel Allure pour homme
    Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    Creed Himalaya
    D&C pour homme

Be sure to watch out for the summer/eau d'ete versions of your favourite scents that are mostly issued during summer time as limited editions!

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Thierry Mugler Cologne!!!! *And I agree w/ the Curve suggestion as well. *You also might want to try Kenneth Cole Reaction and Clinique Happy.

Clinique Happy is played out, agree with the rest though

You might consider:
    John Varvatos
    Cartier Declaration

Chrome
    Brit
    L'Instant. Especially L'Instant. Oh my god when I die I want to be buried in L'Instant and give Singapore the best-smelling graveyard in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Markymark
    A fellow Basenoter lives in Singapore and he wears it a lot and says it does well in their hot climate.
    That's me...

Brit does *really* well here, much better than Touch. And it's nearly impossible to overspray.

Overcome By Fumes

Azzaro Pure Lavande